+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best ranged DPS?

Telaran

Default Best ranged DPS?

Ok, so I'm working on all four callings, and I want to focus on one. I'm looking for the calling that gives me the best ranged dps that also allows for the flexibility to fill at least one of the other roles (tank, heal, support) should the need arise.

I am not a fan of hack and slash, and prefer to range my targets. I don't mind getting beat on, but in a group/raid setting, I prefer ranged combat.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Rogue for sure.

Mage dps is the most complicated and also the lowest as of 1.3.

Cleric DPS is also pretty complicated and range DPS as a cleric is poor compared to cleric's melee dps and the dps of warriors and rogues.

Warriors ranged dps specs are for when melee is almost impossible, it does not pull great dps and you will fall behind everyone if you try to be a ranged warrior.

Rogues can play sab, ranger, or marksman and pull top DPS in raids with simple rotations (Most skills are bundled into about 3 macros). Though I believe the top dps for rogues (And possibly the top dps in the game) is a melee spec.

Rogues can fill the role of tank, ( Rogue tanks are very useful in fights like Oracle Aleria) and can also be support as a Bard. There is a bard in a raid almost 100% of the time and they are one of the most important players in a raid.

Top DPS in raids as a ranged rogue? Really? Can I see a parse of a ranged rogue doing 2056 or more on a single target fight? Please? Or even close to that? because no ranged spec is coming close to it(close being within 50dps).
    Last edited by Festo; 07-09-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    Top DPS in raids as a ranged rogue? Really? Can I see a parse of a ranged rogue doing 2056 or more on a single target fight? Please? Or even close to that? because no ranged spec is coming close to it(close being within 50dps).
    No, but I'll show you a melee one pulling 2050.

(Yes I know what you're talking about)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    Said they CAN pull top dps in a raid. Mages CAN pull top dps in a raid if all the warriors and rogues suck. But equally geared rogues or warriors will always beat the mage.

Contrary to your brainless belief the OP is probably not in a Hardcore raid preparing to enter hammerknell.
    Last edited by GriffonHawke; 07-09-2011 at 03:43 PM.

definition of "best" pls.
    If you are looking for raid DPS its rogue just as mentioned above.

Rogues are strong now, Mages will be again. Mages tend to be more versatile atm. Mages are always ranged, rogues will pull better DPS in melee.
    Mages can be healers, too. Rogues can be tanks.

so... what do you want to play?

Telaran

I'm after something that provides solid dps while maintaining the ability to fill other roles if necessary.

I don't care if I don't top the parse. The parse is for people who want to compare how big their virtual ego is. What I care about is being able to help the group/raid succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Rogue for sure.

Mage dps is the most complicated and also the lowest as of 1.3.

Cleric DPS is also pretty complicated and range DPS as a cleric is poor compared to cleric's melee dps and the dps of warriors and rogues.

Warriors ranged dps specs are for when melee is almost impossible, it does not pull great dps and you will fall behind everyone if you try to be a ranged warrior.

Rogues can play sab, ranger, or marksman and pull top DPS in raids with simple rotations (Most skills are bundled into about 3 macros). Though I believe the top dps for rogues (And possibly the top dps in the game) is a melee spec.

Rogues can fill the role of tank, ( Rogue tanks are very useful in fights like Oracle Aleria) and can also be support as a Bard. There is a bard in a raid almost 100% of the time and they are one of the most important players in a raid.

Golly this post looks helpful

melee > ranged for all specs.

if you want to play ranged for rogues the only 2 really viable builds are sab (44sab/20sin/2rng) or ranger (17sin/31rng/18mm aka sozu)

marks as a main soul isnt viable, it scales poorly and relies far too much on burst cds and has really terrible sustained.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

+ Reply to Thread