+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The nerfs to mages...didn't go far enough.

Rift Disciple

Default The nerfs to mages...didn't go far enough.

Essentially, Trion squashed one OP spec of the mage class and they roll up onto another of their OP specs. So, pyro and stormcaller are fixed, but now what about dominator? Especially, dom/necro or dom/chloro, hell /dom anything at this point. How is it fair to let mages go patch after patch being OP and complain about their dps as if they are helpless when classes that need real help go unnoticed?

Prophet of Telara

Inb4massiveflamefest

I wonder how many pages you'll get out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Banned

Dom needs toning down.

Chloro/lock is silly op'd now.

Plane Walker

lol, i love The dominator is OP thread its reallly hilarious, No really. Lets make this Really clear Dominator is only as OP as you make it. So the more OP the dominator is the dumber you are essentially. YES i wreck 75% of the ppl i play on Dominator but then there is about 25% of ppl in my battlegroup at least that are not just running around smashing buttons and thinking they are good players. Can I drain a dumb cleric in less then 10 secs yes. If i meet a good cleric; thats not going to happen. Can i kill any Warrior or rogue i want? Yes; Again if they are smart thats not going to happen.

~ my best record on Dominator/chloro is that I have killed 2 Wars and a cleric solo, then i turned around in the same match and met a WAR who was smart and he killed me Same gear,Same mechanics. Whats OP is the stupidity of ppl and now that Dominator makes that obvious it all of a sudden OP.

~ Dominator is the weakest class of Mage and is its effectiveness is based on the intelligence of the oponent. Its the same thing as if a War was to go full PLD(or watever the best tank setup is) runs out and everybody just sits there attacking him while a cleric is healing them, meanwhile the team is getting picked off by the dps. Is that OP? because i know for a fact a good tank can tank up to 10 ppl in PVP without die'n.

~ All i have to say is learn to watch your debuffs or spec to cleanse; Mages have been nerfed to the point where we only have a select few of specs that are effective in PVP, but now ppl are made that we are using it. No its not FOTM, its using a brain and not still running around on pyro doing no dps and getting smashed by the any champ that blinks at u, but i guess that whats everyone wants us to do.

Plane Touched

Non-mage language:
    ZOMG QQ L2p GO WOW YOU NUB!!!!

Mage:
    Yeah you suck.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalbath13 View Post
    classes that need real help go unnoticed?
    Like who?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

Oh and chlorolock as been OP since release; only thing is now ppl dont have anything else to call OP so they will claim its OP now. I have been soloing 3+ ppl since the start, its just not as flashy as others so nobody really cared. And most dumb mages will claim it has no burst or cant kill ppl; which is very wrong. Since there has been plenty of matches that i have got most damage/most heals/Most KBs all at the same time.
    Last edited by Queezy; 07-09-2011 at 09:49 AM.

1 "decent" calling does not make up for our ****ty pve dps, think before you complain

on that note, dom is right where it should be.

So in your opinion the rogues who kill me before the initial stun wears off or the warriors who drop me in 3 GCD are totally fine. But the 1 mage spec that can actually kill stuff in a decent time frame is completely OP, right? When that spec is only good if you act like a complete r***** and run around like a headless chicken instead of watching your debuffs like you should.
    Guess what, I never die to a dom on my cleric, no matter my spec. You know why? Because I don't spam my abilities when I have TI and MB on, I don't run around like a headless chicken after I get rooted by SS, and because I know which buffs to purge off the dom.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Disciple

Chlorolock was always OP, it's just people like to pewpew and flocked in droves to the Pyro. You should either be able to dps very well or heal very well, not both like the chorlolock can. It's ridiculous that it can sit there and tank 3 people and spam /lol because of the spec. Any non ******ed dominator should be able to kill any class at the moment, not just the kids with downs. Why anyone would choose to be anything other than cholrolock or the dominecro is beyond me.

As far as rogues go, yes they should be able to kill you before a stun wears off. Stuns have been, and always will be, a staple of the rogue class. Removing that is like removing the ability for a mage to cast. Warriors are not globaling people anymore, and can run as a para and be a glass cannon worse off than a mage.

Really, are mages just this defensive about being toned down to where the mortals are?

As far as rogues go, yes they should be able to kill you before a stun wears off. Stuns have been, and always will be, a staple of the rogue class. Removing that is like removing the ability for a mage to cast. Warriors are not globaling people anymore, and can run as a para and be a glass cannon worse off than a mage.
    LOL
    just
    LOL

By that token a pyro SHOULD be able to 1shot you and the nerf was totally uncalled for. . .

NO CLASS should be able to kill you without you having a chance to react. Or if they can, the tools need to be on a very long cooldown and they need to be free kills for everyone else if caught off guard/without CDs. Edit: so if you want a rogue to be able to kill me in a single stun, he needs to stand no chance at all if I catch him out of stealth.
    Last edited by Vayra; 07-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Chaser

Every DPS class should get a one-shot skill, and every support class should get a skill that shields a target from a one-shot.

There. Perfectly balanced.

Rift Disciple

Power drain is so ****ing OP, can maybe do one ****ing action every 10sec when I'm fighting a dominator.

edit: yes I'm mad.
    Last edited by grunni; 07-09-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by grunni View Post
    yes I'm mad.
    I'm here to remind you that it's a computer game.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

I'm bad at pvp, nerf everybody else so I wont have to actually learn playing
    no comment necessary
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast