Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End of the road...

Rift Master

Default End of the road...

I guess this is the start towards the end of the road for me then,

My friends are starting to leave as they feel that Trion is not really living up to the things that they said they will offer.

The shape of PVP in WFs is a little less terrible but still terrible enough for people to want to rage quit over the imbalances. However this is a PVE based game so I should have expected it to have a short life...

The class that I liked playing (Druid) is nowhere near interesting as it was first made out to be, so I just stood on the fence waiting for changes to be made or for people to start leaving.

The hammerknell synergy crystals are laughable for clerics, druids is actually one of the better ones... But thanks for giving me a chance on skill to have a chance to crit to have a small chance of that damage increase... Which also doesnt cover fairy healing which is a third of the available skills to druid.

Although I should be happy for the extra eruption of life proc, 120-130 damage every 9 seconds lol?

I don't really care much about the future of Rift at the moment, apparently playing months to get raiding and get raid gear warrants me to get that small of a boost....

Anyway I don't mean to rant, but you should really listen to some of your players. I and they do not see the point in having spent time to gain items that are useless.

I.E.

Lifeblood Faeshard - useless
    Synergy Crystals for cleric - mostly useless
    Most of the greater essences - mostly useless
    Feral Rune - Laughable and useless

We spend time to gain items to improve our play styles or for vanity or for PVP, so many items in the game are badly thought out (the interesting ones) and so many skills are just either insanely over powered due to the nature of how the rest of the classes play. And some classes just do not match your advertising as I stated about druid earlier.

Anyway this looks like the end of the road for me, I'm a patient guy and can usually wait but if my friends start moving away due to the many issues theres no reason for me to stay.

Good luck all, and hope you guys enjoy whatever it is you like about Rift

Telaran

If you do decide to move on I would just like to say good luck whistlingwind and if u do happen to find another game that is worth your hard earned cash send me a pm and let me know about it. I'm counting down the weeks until my sub runs out, patches come and go and nothing of importance seems to be getting fixed.

Good luck

Oly

I really like pizza with peperoni and black olives. ARG! I like IT!

All the awesome games are released in october-november. Have fun twiddling your fingers until then.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    All the awesome games are released in october-november. Have fun twiddling your fingers until then.
    Oh wait, here's a novel idea ... we can open our front doors and enjoy the summer without being out of pocket for this game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    xRx

Do you happen to be the same whistlewind from Lotro? If so send me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooblakhan View Post
    Oh wait, here's a novel idea ... we can open our front doors and enjoy the summer without being out of pocket for this game.
    Nah, I quit Real Life. It was getting very boring once you hit level 20, plus it's annoying to play it solo.

Nah, I quit Real Life. It was getting very boring once you hit level 20, plus it's annoying to play it solo.
    Real Life gets markedly better about level 21. I started grouping up at 19, and it's really helped my playstyle.

Just gotta remember to keep a full stock of food and drink when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharde View Post
    Real Life gets markedly better about level 21. I started grouping up at 19, and it's really helped my playstyle.

Just gotta remember to keep a full stock of food and drink when you need it.
    Well the server I was playing on was pretty empty. Never could find a group for random pubs, plus everytime I was looking for a questing partner, they already had one and happy with him and the ones who did want to quest together were much higher level. So I quit on that.
    Last edited by Chomag; 07-09-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Well the server I was playing on was pretty empty. Never could find a group for random pubs, plus everytime I was looking for a questing partner, they already had one and happy with him and the ones who did want to quest together were much higher level. So I quit on that.
    I hear ya. The server I'm on is pretty dead, but now that I've been grouped up it seems that everyone rerolled here. Most of em are much higher level and still in whites/greens though. Kind of annoying.

Telaran

Just wait till you catch yourself giving it a, "I remember the day .. " or "When I was a boy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    Why don't you re-roll?
    Too much effort into this character, plus the newbie quests suck.

Telaran

What used to get me was finding a questing partner only to find out her pants were a rare drop and once a month she had beserker rage down to a fine art.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooblakhan View Post
    What used to get me was finding a questing partner only to find out her pants were a rare drop and once a month she had beserker rage down to a fine art.
    Rofl. I hear that.

Yeah, I started getting pissed at the devs of Life when they buffed women to have a one-month enrage timer with several bleeds, stacking debuffs, and fears.

To top it off, they got a CD to steal half your money.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    To top it off, they got a CD to steal half your money.
    You can counter it with a prenup CD of your own. Clearly an L2P issue. Buff women or I cancel my subscription!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast