+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 229

Thread: Trion pls do something about Warriors taking Rogue Loot

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default Trion pls do something about Warriors taking Rogue Loot

    A warrior stole my dagger, its the second time now, also lost several leather armor pieces to them. Rogues cant wear Plate Armor or use 2Handers.
    I understand Warriors scale badly with the itemisation on plate armor and dualwield beeing their top dps specc but its just ridiculous that we the rogues have to pay the bill, the devs need to do something to fix the mess they created!

  2. #2
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    A warrior stole my dagger, its the second time now, also lost several leather armor pieces to them. Rogues cant wear Plate Armor or use 2Handers.
    I understand Warriors scale badly with the itemisation on plate armor and dualwield beeing their top dps specc but its just ridiculous that we the rogues have to pay the bill, the devs need to do something to fix the mess they created!
    I feel your pain , but I really don't know what trion can do. they made duel wielding daggers viable for warriors. they made dex specs viable for warriors. You can't do that and then take away the tools to optimise the spec.

    also , its not really your dagger unless you win the roll. I suppose they could write in some mechanic that would make all rogues have to decline certian pieces of gear for a warrior to be able to roll on it , but that would be bias. The warrior is in your group , he worked just as hard as you did for the chance to roll.

    I guess , you could demand certian loot rules up front though. That could work.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Gnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    719

    Default

    If they didn't want warriors to use the dagger it would be rogue only.
    As for armor the only way to remove that problem is to make gear class specific. Same as the appearance tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I dont see the problem buff their 2hand speccs to do more dps then dual wield and give them the stats from str they would have gotten from dex so its the reverse of rogues bam problem solved.
    Its just not fair that warriors have the option of using plate and 2hers but dont use it because the game mechanics are borked.
    Rogues cant choose unless trion lets us scale of cloth and dual wield mage daggers/swords so we can steel another classes loot too.
    Last edited by tetsuo11; 07-07-2011 at 11:58 PM.

  5. #5
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    They'll do it, but only AFTER most warriors finish getting their daggers and leather armor sets.
    I'm so BORED

  6. #6
    Plane Touched yshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    A warrior stole my dagger!
    Stole? How? He somehow took it off your character?

    It's yours when you win the roll. Stop thinking in terms of 'rogue loot' and 'warrior loot', the itemization is too screwed up for that. It's melee DPS loot. Whether this is right or not I'm not saying, but claiming someone "stole" an item from you is absurd.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Vinge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    They'll do it, but only AFTER most warriors finish getting their daggers and leather armor sets.
    Yeah this is the most annoying part of all of this.

    Personally I can understand warriors taking 1h weapons now, as they are currently the best dps for them. But you just know that come 1.4 or something, Trion will change things so that actually 2h weapons are best for warriors again, and all those nice 1hers that the warriors took will be banked.

    They're just all over the place from patch to patch!

  8. #8
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    I dont see the problem buff their 2hand speccs to do more dps then dual wield and give them the stats from str they would have gotten from dex so its the reverse of rogues bam problem solved.
    Its just not fair that warriors have the option of using plate and 2hers but dont use it because the game mechanics are borked.
    Rogues cant choose unless trion lets us scale of cloth and dual wield mage daggers/swords so we can steel another classes loot too.
    Warriors already get much less of a bonus from Dex than rogues. Warriors get half the bonus rogues do from Dex.

  9. #9
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    As much as it sucks, some rogue gear is better than actual warrior gear for warriors. Don't blame the warriors, blame Trion for the poor itemization.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  10. #10
    Telaran duffmek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    inside a teapot
    Posts
    71

    Default

    easy fix but late, make daggers not usable by warriors - seriously what hulking meat cleaving warrior would use a tiny little poker dagger .. aside from the awesome stats...

  11. #11
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duffmek View Post
    easy fix but late, make daggers not usable by warriors - seriously what hulking meat cleaving warrior would use a tiny little poker dagger .. aside from the awesome stats...
    That doesn't fix anything. A 1h dps weapon is a 1h dps weapon, disallowing a dps class who uses 1 handers from using daggers is just dumb.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Gnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinge View Post
    Yeah this is the most annoying part of all of this.

    Personally I can understand warriors taking 1h weapons now, as they are currently the best dps for them. But you just know that come 1.4 or something, Trion will change things so that actually 2h weapons are best for warriors again, and all those nice 1hers that the warriors took will be banked.

    They're just all over the place from patch to patch!
    So the fix is to break a dual wield soul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    As much as it sucks, some rogue gear is better than actual warrior gear for warriors. Don't blame the warriors, blame Trion for the poor itemization.
    You are right Trion messed this up and they need to fix this, blizzard had the same problem and they fixed it.
    I know it sucks for wariors and they are not the ones to blame. But the situation is really not acceptable, warriors and rogues are fighting over the same loot, rogues dont have alternatives and warriors dont use the armorclass and weapons their class is designed for.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    From my experience in game and with people in general I have come to this conclusion on the topic. The only rogues who get really angry about this 'cross class looting' are a specific group of people who would have been angry if they hadn't gotten the loot anyway, even if it was to another rogue. The fact that a warrior looted the item first is, in the aggrieved rogues mind, further salt in the wound. This is in subconscious reference to other MMO's where the lines between classes is less blurred. The reality is that this is actually a socially legitimate reason to get upset at someone else for looting 'their' item. It's okay to get angry at them because you wont get seen as a selfish magpie but someone angry at lucidity of the class system.

    Think about why you are actually angry and tell me that at the route of it, it isnt just a selfish desire for pixels.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironearth View Post
    From my experience in game and with people in general I have come to this conclusion on the topic. The only rogues who get really angry about this 'cross class looting' are a specific group of people who would have been angry if they hadn't gotten the loot anyway, even if it was to another rogue. The fact that a warrior looted the item first is, in the aggrieved rogues mind, further salt in the wound. This is in subconscious reference to other MMO's where the lines between classes is less blurred. The reality is that this is actually a socially legitimate reason to get upset at someone else for looting 'their' item. It's okay to get angry at them because you wont get seen as a selfish magpie but someone angry at lucidity of the class system.

    Think about why you are actually angry and tell me that at the route of it, it isnt just a selfish desire for pixels.
    So why dont you warriors wear your plate armor and use your big 2 handers then if it doesnt matter in the end?
    I dont have a problem with other rogues taking the loot because leather and 1handers are the gear they are DESIGNT to use,
    but Warriors are DESIGNT to use Plate and 2Handers its even class defining, them using leather armor and 1 handers is a mistake and not what the was designt for, it needs a fix simple as that.
    Last edited by tetsuo11; 07-08-2011 at 01:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts