+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Classes and Models changes with equiped souls

Shadowlander

Default Pet Classes and Models changes with equiped souls

For me the pets classes are a bit of a visual problem/RP problem. I always like to play pet classes and love seeing the synergy between the master and pet. I think there needs to be something in place so that the player can choose from different models to help match what they are trying to build. On their own, the beastmaster using a purple lion or the druid using a fairy works just fine, i have no issues with that. But when you choose a Reaver and pair it with a Beastmaster, or a shaman and pair it with the druid -- it just doesn't look right.
    The Reaver is supposed to be the Heavy Armored, death dotting combatant. A purple lion has no place by his side, it should be something with the Death theme.
    When i made my shaman i pictured an elderly tribe leader that can bring the pain of the storms and elements as well as heal. pairing it with a druid and seeing the fairy really throw me off.

Some ideas for pet models. I dont claim to think any of these are unique, simply something to make a pet class pairing stand out more when matched with the other souls.
    Champion - squire
    Paladin - bringht colored ethereal angel, heavenly looking
    Reaver - necro pet-looking, fleshy construct
    Beastmaster - leave it as is
    Warlord - squire, flag bearer
    Riftblade - small elemental looking something
    Paragon - floating blades
    Voidknight - dark colored, wispy, other dimensionally, from the torso up

Clerics paired with a druid
    inquisitor - floating balls/chains
    purifier - flame/fire looking
    sentinel - floating chalice
    warden - water based
    justicar - floating hammer
    shaman - wolf
    druid - leave it as is
    cabalist - green cloud in a humaniod form

This was just an idea, To give us a Few different Models to choose from then what is offered (Champions-Online has this same option). I did not play the Rogue but i assume the same can be said for them. As far as mages go i have a 51 necro and 51 elementalist buidl so i have no new ideas there.

what exactly do you mean "when you choose a druid on it's own"? everyone has 3 souls equipped.

the pets are designed to be a product of the pet soul that is casting them - druids cast fae critters, beastmasters fae kitties - it wouldn't be right to have a beastmaster/reaver summon an undead creature or something, because a beastmaster's pet comes from the fae. at least, that's what the lore is surrounding it.

personally I like the general idea but I think it should come more in the skins of the creature or the accessories it has. Something small but noticable. Satyrs maybe using different weapons, faeries with different clothes, faecats with different coat patterns etc.

Sez

Yeah. More pets would be a good idea, but all souls should not have a different pet.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

This is a really creative and interesting idea. I don't know about different pets completely, but a normal beastmaster purple thing could change to black and deathly if you paired it with enough points in Reaver. Maybe someday we will see more synergies like this.

I'd rather see them work on improving the current pet classes--more pet skins, more different pets, especially the druid and the beastmaster. The beastmaster isn't even a master of beasts, really.

Rift Master

Its good to see more people interested in pets,

However what you suggest is for a game model that is designed around pets, the post above me has an interesting and less development intensive way of customising the pets.

I agree though that more pet options/skins/uses are needed in this game.

Shadowlander

let me clarify a little. This is mainly for people that would have the "pet" class as their 2ndmost point allocated soul. If you have druid as a primary soul, then everything would stay the same. this is not to create more or change any abilities in the tree. The "PET" souls would have the same abilities talents, etc, this would be simple a model/skin change depeneding on your Primary or most Point allocated soul. For example, An Inquistor primary class and druid secondary class, would really be a person going for the inquisitor with a pet, thus they would want all the pet abilities that the "druid" offers, simply packaged into something more aligned with the idea of what an inquisitor is.

Again the context of this is in that if i'm building a Champion/Beatmaster... My character is about a two handed combatant with some sort of "pet", so a squire or some other junior type entity there to learning from the warrior is what i would be after. Black cats are neat and all, but it has nothing to do with the death theme that they have given the Reaver, Shadowknights/Death knights have undead with them and that woud be a Reaver/BM build...and to that a Paladin/BM build would be a pally with something bases on a holy entity by his side...angels, etc.

So would bards get a groupie?

I wish for the love of god that 1 developer would make a Mage type summoner similar to Everquest 1's Mage where they support their pet with a lot of different, unique abilities. Such as; Summoned armor, summoned unique proc weapons that had a graphic when they were put on their pet, Crazy pet buffs that increased their dmg/size/stats/berserker mode, more so supporting their pet and the pet being the back bone of their arsenal. Right now, the Elementalist is nothing how I envisioned it or thought it would be. The Necromancer in a way is, but still not close to being a pure focus on pet kinda class.

Trion, please for the love of god make a class where they support the hell out of their pet rather than half/half. Right now as an Elementalist or Necro, you focus more on dealing dmg yourself then the pets... It should be the opposite, People should FEAR the hell out of a summoned pet rather than just blowing it off like its nothing cause that how it is right now. In EQ, If I saw someone come at me with a large *** Elemental, Id crap my pants because I knew they were fast so they could run me down and had unique effects such as stuns, roots, backstabs, etc.

3 classes Im still waiting for a dev team to make:
    Monk(EQ1/Vanguard style)
    Enchanter(Eq1 style charms, powerful group buffs, single target mezzes/group mezzes/mana regen buffs)
    True Pet focused class
    Last edited by Bart151; 07-13-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    So would bards get a groupie?
    hell yes!!
    ---------------
    cheers

"Beware, ye, of the dragon's lair,
    for ye are juicy medium rare."

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Honestly i think that the cat from the warrior paet class should have been a wolf it matches better to the strength and power or even a bear. WHere as the cat/tiger tupe of pet matches the ranger alittle bit better. I wwould rather be able to tame or re-skin my pet's then as either a ability or purchasing thru a vendor or item you find from invasions. Maybe like an item that corrupts the ook of the pet in way as you fed it to the.

+ Reply to Thread