+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player question please

Soulwalker

Default New Player question please

Hello,
    I am a brand new player today coming from that "other" one. I love it so far but trying to find class and need help. I want a class that:

1. Has a pet that helps me level. Like tanks mobs / holds aggro while I dps down mobs.
    2. I want to heal in dungeons and raids.
    3. I want to dps to level.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Thank you

Ascendant

Rogue, Mage, or Cleric can do all of these things. I recommend a mage going necro/lock. There is a lot of people that say the mage in underpowered though. If you want a so called invincible class in PvP go with cleric. If you want to sneak attack people in PvP go with rogue. I just like playing a mage personally.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 07-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Rogue, Mage, or Cleric can do all of these things. I recommend a mage going necro/lock. There is a lot of people that say the mage in underpowered though. If you want a so called invincible class in PvP go with cleric. If you want to sneak attack people in PvP go with rogue. I just like playing a mage personally.
    Thank you for replying.

I have a Cleric lvl 5 I think. Do clerics have pets? I don't seem to have one currently.

Do mages heal in dungeons? I saw a mage with a pet but I didn't they healed in dungeons/ raids.

Ascendant

I believe the druid soul has pets (haven't actually played my cleric in a while.) The mage has the chloromancer soul for healing.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I believe the druid soul has pets (haven't actually played my cleric in a while.) The mage has the chloromancer soul for healing.
    Cleric has been fun so far.

I think I'll try leveling a mage now.

Maybe both a little at a time.

Thank you again for helping.

Ascendant

If you need anything else just send me a message.

I have both a mage and a cleric. The druid has pets, but they are not there to tank for you.
    To get that, my advice would be a necromancer/warlock. Not the highest DPS, but good enough. And with Soul Purge to heal you and the pet, it can stay alive for a while.
    For healing, the mage has the chloromancer spec. And for support you can tap in the dominator soul.

Clerics have three souls to go for healing. They have no pet to tank for them, but with self heals and chain are a lot tougher than mages. They also have a tank soul (justicar). If you want versatility, the cleric has most options.

If you really like the pet, then go mage. If not interested in skeleton pets, there is also the elementalist, who has an earth elemental to tank for him.

I like both the cleric and the mage, but prefer the mage for solo play.

+ Reply to Thread