+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New classes for each callng?

Soulwalker

Default New classes for each callng?

When you guys make expansions to the game, are you guys also going to make more soul trees for each of the callings?

Oh and by the way great job on Rift, Rift is the only MMO that lets you take basically full control of your gameplay, its so versatile for each and every gamer because they can build based on what they want. Keep up the great work guys it seems as if you are pleasing everyone!!

Will you close the rifts?

i wish i could have your enthusiasm, and i wonder if your lvl 50, because right now so many things are wrong.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    i wish i could have your enthusiasm, and i wonder if your lvl 50, because right now so many things are wrong.
    Yeah i know there is, but you must figure that this game is like 4 months old, give them time, like in WoW it took them a year to get everything situated in the first expansion
    Will you close the rifts?

Shadowlander

Thumbs up OMG yes

a blood knight for warrior . and a some sort of dark gladiator i know we have reaver but ahhh reaver is no evil to a be a dark kight or anything like it and give a warrior a healing soul with out the use of mana
    Last edited by Divineflamingo; 07-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dend View Post
    Yeah i know there is, but you must figure that this game is like 4 months old, give them time, like in WoW it took them a year to get everything situated in the first expansion
    Actually, it took WoW alot longer...

But yeah I want more souls, shapeshifting, geomancer, debuffer/utility class for clerics, Potential ranged class for warriors (that doesnt turn into a broken OP mess), and maybe a druid buff before the expansion pls

Rift Chaser

A few more utility classes would be nice, and most definitely a ranged class for warriors. I would just like to see support as an actual role type (like healer or tank) instead of an afterthought.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Divineflamingo View Post
    i know we have reaver but ahhh reaver is no evil to a be a dark kight or anything like it and give a warrior a healing soul with out the use of mana
    Well, with that said the thread is pretty much over now.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Oh God this is the last thing I want. Once they get all the current souls balanced, this would be nice, but ONLY IF.

Two words:

Mage Tank

But, if I were to make another soul I would do something like a celestial mage. I think it would be cool to use universe objects like stars, galaxies, quasars, and black holes to either deal damage, heal, tank (lol), or another support soul.

I would love an ability that looks like the beams from a quasar, so I can say, "Imma firin' my lazors!"

EDIT: Just thought of this, the quasar ability can have beams shoot out like a cone, but from the back and front of the mage.
    Last edited by Sarathor; 07-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Shield of Telara

It sure would be nice to see some less vanilla souls and I would love to see for example:

a cloth wearing meele dps (similar to valewalker in daoc) for mages
    a leather only wearing warrior soul (barbarian) with totems (similar to d&d ua variant totem barbarian)
    a monk class that uses fists or staffs as weapons + some self buffs (maybe for rogues?)
    a shapeshifter class for clerics
    Last edited by Balduran; 07-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    It sure would be nice to see some less vanilla souls and I would love to see for example:

a cloth wearing meele dps (similar to valewalker in daoc) for mages
    a leather only wearing warrior soul (barbarian) with totems (similar to d&d ua variant totem barbarian)
    a monk class that uses fists or staffs as weapons + some self buffs (maybe for rogues?)
    a shapeshifter class for clerics
    I like these, however I have no idea why everyone loves monks and want them to be a soul/classs/whatever. Maybe I missed something since my gaming career isn't that long.

Also, I think mages should get the shapeshifter :P

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Shield of Telara

well many people have very font memories of their eq monk (I think never played that one)
    or later on vanguard monk (loved that class)... and before even both those games there is d&d where somehow the monk class (despite being not very strong at all) has a huge number of fans.

So there there seems to be something appealing about fighting with your bare fists against giant monsters of doom :-)

I for one would play the valewalker over a shapechanger any day, running around in cloth with a huge 2h scythe was just very cool ;-)

ps.: Oh and for the newer generation there are animes I suppose which make them like monk like characters

+ Reply to Thread