+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dont listen to mages they were most OP since release

Shield of Telara

Default Dont listen to mages they were most OP since release

when lowbie mages were crying how bad mages were at the release the high level pros were using OP pyro to destroy warfronts

mages were using nec/warlock to ez everyone in 1v1

chloro's were aoe healing kings that made a cleric a worthless healer, chloro and bard beats cleric for healling untill now

now they are finally toned down and mages are crying for losing their ez mode

if you had any brains you would understand, mages cry untill they can tank dps and heal all at the same time, dont be stupid Trion and start looking into issues that need attention like cleric dps and warrior solo builds, its time to stop listening to the whiners and start fixing your broken game

With your delightful tone and respectful choice of wording I can see no reason why Trion wouldn't take your post completely serious.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    when lowbie mages were crying how bad mages were at the release the high level pros were using OP pyro to destroy warfronts

chloro's were aoe healing kings that made a cleric a worthless healer, chloro and bard beats cleric for healling untill now

if you had any brains you would understand, mages cry untill they can tank dps and heal all at the same time, dont be stupid Trion and start looking into issues that need attention like cleric dps and warrior solo builds, its time to stop listening to the whiners and start fixing your broken game
    Trion will definately consider your request. At some stage in future cleric will get fixed aswell, like no more tanking for clerics and rogue, only warriors were meant to tank.

And this is how Twitter killed a generation of youth.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

pro

Lightbulb

Lollolollollolllolol stop posting and level a mage.

Plane Touched

I think its the PvE mages that are crying and, looking at the dps charts, for good reason.

PvP-wise mages got a buff as at last patch. Dom is now awesome as is lock.

Pyro was fun but got boring pretty fast and, I think, most mages have welcomed the changes that see other specs being viable. Pyro is still actually viable - the only thing they did was nerf the burst of 2 abilities a little and tbh, I barely notice it (occasionally go pyro for some single target burst with a group).

5 things.

OP is a rogue

doesn't understand that pyro was nerfed to death

doesn't understand that everything except warriors was OP back then

doesn't understand we are **** unless we go chloro/dom wich is insanely boring to play

doesn't understand that mages are **** pve dps right now

Trion w/e you are planing for 1.4, it better be ****ing good, or many subs will be gone. hell the game is already dieing less than 6 months in

As the final boss in the water rift is wont to say; "I don't even ..."
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Maybe it's just the mages in my guild that do crappy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    Maybe it's just the mages in my guild that do crappy damage.
    Probably. I know our raid members are all T2 geared at the moment, we just started raiding, our 4 top DPS all pull around 1100 dps on single target bosses (we are downing Oracle and up to Hylas in GSB and all 3 Foci in RoS (haven't tried any of the actual bosses yet) and those top 4 are 2 warriors, a rogue (me) and a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    And this is how Twitter killed a generation of youth.
    AIM and text messaging (phone), killed that off long before Twitter was on the scene.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

He does somewhat have a point. Mages were very OP before, now I'm not sure exactly where they stand.

Hell, some warriors think they're underpowered right now, so I tend to ignore forum chatter. Which reminds me, why am I feeding this thread?

Normally i also oppose all these QQers that want to buff a mage, but since its utter honkeydonk that you wrote...

Mages got both buffed and nerfed in 1.3, Pyromancer leading in nerf, short after coming the Chloromancer (tankheal useless, aoeheal about the same) and far behind the Stormcaller (aoe nerf, singletarget is nearly the same)

Dominator got insanely buffed from being useless to be one of the top choices and i am not sure if they didnīt overdo it a little too much. And lastly a push for Necro and Lock in pet and dotdamage.

Overall i see with these changes that they are trying to lvl the field, not only withing the magesouls themself, but also with clerics in terms of healing, because lets face it... prior 1.3, if chloros could stack synthesis, most clerics wouldnīt have much to do.

yeah f***ing mage ez mode... with our 1-2 macrobuttoning... oh wait, thats the other callings :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    With your delightful tone and respectful choice of wording I can see no reason why Trion wouldn't take your post completely serious.
    funny you say this, cause everything the OP said is pretty accurate. And good mages are still owning warfronts and doing top dps in raids, it's the 99.9% bad ones that are crying... trion should tweak them some more as now they are very limited in their options, but they def are more balanced now than before oddly enough.

but ill never care about pvp, but i think sc and pryo both need pve dps boosts tho.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Poor mages miss the days when they could solo heal raids by pressing one button.

NO MAOR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast