+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: a solution to stunlocking

  1. #1
    pro
    pro is offline
    Rift Chaser pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default a solution to stunlocking

    implement the same thing used in the dominator tree the cc affect is removed once a percentage of health is taken from the target. like with dom the talent durable control gives dom the abilty to attack a cced target but for how long is limited by 3% of there maximum health and small percentage spent in that tree. this will still give rogues a advantage but not make them OP bc currently with stealth + burst gives them a very obvious adavantage.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Or you could, you know, spec into the pvp tree for break free or one of the other numerous trees with CC breaks.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Lol what the ****...
    You simply cannot be stunlocked once you have aquired even the R2 set of gear, end of story.
    As a rank 6 rogue the only people I can drop inside my 6 seconds of stun are piss poor geared fresh 50s with <4.5k HP.
    However, since I'm feeling especially helpful tonight, and I know you're really terrible, I'll give you a super-duper-****** macro so you can't ever ever ever be stunlocked by those big mean overpowered rogues ever again.
    #show BREAK FREE
    cast BREAK FREE
    cast TRANSMOGRIFY

    There you go, now you just keep on face rolling that 1 button (for maximum efficiency you should put your hurr_durr macro on every single key in case you miss the 1 button), and you'll break that big bad rogues OP 3hr stunlock.

    (Gear)

  4. #4
    pro
    pro is offline
    Rift Chaser pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Lol what the ****...
    You simply cannot be stunlocked once you have aquired even the R2 set of gear, end of story.
    As a rank 6 rogue the only people I can drop inside my 6 seconds of stun are piss poor geared fresh 50s with <4.5k HP.
    However, since I'm feeling especially helpful tonight, and I know you're really terrible, I'll give you a super-duper-****** macro so you can't ever ever ever be stunlocked by those big mean overpowered rogues ever again.
    #show BREAK FREE
    cast BREAK FREE
    cast TRANSMOGRIFY

    There you go, now you just keep on face rolling that 1 button (for maximum efficiency you should put your hurr_durr macro on every single key in case you miss the 1 button), and you'll break that big bad rogues OP 3hr stunlock.
    Uhmm then you suck horribly end of story many rogues in my guild along with the rest of my shard(s) have perfected stunlocking. And break free is on a 2min cool so its not a reliable. and no one spec to the right side of the tree for it bc you come out even worse bc of your gimped damage.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Uhmm then you suck horribly end of story many rogues in my guild along with the rest of my shard(s) have perfected stunlocking. And break free is on a 2min cool so its not a reliable. and no one spec to the right side of the tree for it bc you come out even worse bc of your gimped damage.
    There is nothing to perfect with stunlocking. There is one shared DR for everything and the absolute longest you can stunlock anyone for EVER is 6 seconds while putting out damage. If you are so poorly geared that you are dying in 6 seconds to a rogue then you need to be speccing into the right side of your tree for stealth detection, stun breaks, and general survival, and not trying to hang out with r6 rogues as a r1 mage.

    (Gear)

  6. #6
    pro
    pro is offline
    Rift Chaser pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    There is nothing to perfect with stunlocking. There is one shared DR for everything and the absolute longest you can stunlock anyone for EVER is 6 seconds while putting out damage. If you are so poorly geared that you are dying in 6 seconds to a rogue then you need to be speccing into the right side of your tree for stealth detection, stun breaks, and general survival, and not trying to hang out with r6 rogues as a r1 mage.
    im a r5 mage and 6second is a long time to be stunned. please stop trying to defend a OP imbalance. and the right side of the pvp mage tree is forgotten its usefulness has been nerfed to crap.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    A Rogue has to forgo dps in order to maneuver a 6 sec stun streak it's not just built into their normal dps.
    If you are dying to a Rogue who isn't using a damage opener at r5 I don't know what to say.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  8. #8
    pro
    pro is offline
    Rift Chaser pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    A Rogue has to forgo dps in order to maneuver a 6 sec stun streak it's not just built into their normal dps.
    If you are dying to a Rogue who isn't using a damage opener at r5 I don't know what to say.
    Wow this is amazing rogues defending stun locking. Btw im not saying it happenes everytime i get stunned my a rogue but it does happen just like one shotting did. Just search stunlocking and look at all the complaints. All 3 of the other callings cant be wrong.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Wow this is amazing rogues defending stun locking. Btw im not saying it happenes everytime i get stunned my a rogue but it does happen just like one shotting did. Just search stunlocking and look at all the complaints. All 3 of the other callings cant be wrong.
    All 4 callings can be in poor gear vs well geared players without a break free skill, which is the only scenario in which a stunlock is successful.
    PVP is all about survival. it is the single most important aspect you should consider with any spec. If you are having trouble with rogues, sit down, have a look at your trees, and work out what you can do to reduce the dmg they burst down on you and the amount of time you need to be locked down. The talents are there you just don't want to take them because they aren't cool this patch.

    (Gear)

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I don't even use breakfree vs only 1 rogue in world pvp these days. I save it for 1v2 or 1v3 and just last out the stun. That's with 1k+ valour and 6.4k hps though.

    I did lose my first equal 1v1 vs a rogue doing that the other day though. I'm so used to being jumped by bad rogues where I actually wil type something like 'good luck mate - lol' before even instant sheeping and then killing them, that I forogt that there are 1 or 2 really good p6 rogues out there that you need to use cds to beat. And, yeah, one took me out the other day because I didn't use break free or cds when I should have.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    It is misleading to say that rogues can stunlock for 6 seconds. That is true, but no one (should) do that.

    What you usually see happening is :
    -amage opener : be it dot or direct. Rogues gcd is one second, so you have one second to realize what just it you, turne back, and incapacitate the rogue. That is not humanly possible unless you strongly saw that coming.
    -: 4 second stun : Rogues use a gcd to deal no damage, but efficiently putting you off combat for 5 seconds because of the "one second reaction time".
    -: usual dps

    I play a rogue (R5) and I am totally in favor of stuns breaking on damage. 20-25% health with no restriction regarding current health (you can stun to death if you do it under 25%) would be fine I think.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    I surely agree with stuns breaking on damage. Oh and what about no ability to go invis when engaged in combat? Why are rogues getting all the traditional mage tools anyways.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  13. #13
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    What is it with mages and complaining about damage? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SQUISHY CLASS. IF YOUW ANT TO LIVE ROLL A WARRIOR OR CLERIC. Thank you. (I PvP with a mage too ya know. And a warrior, and aa Cleric, and a rogue)
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  14. #14
    Champion Stratacaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    504

    Default

    There is a problem with break free right now. It takes about 2-3 seconds to work, and the following CC immunity of break free is not working right. I'm R6 full gear and die in less than 5s to a geared rogue. 2-3 seconds is a life time compared to 5 seconds to live. Break free will not end the stun lock.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 07-06-2011 at 05:47 AM.

  15. #15
    pro
    pro is offline
    Rift Chaser pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    What is it with mages and complaining about damage? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SQUISHY CLASS. IF YOUW ANT TO LIVE ROLL A WARRIOR OR CLERIC. Thank you. (I PvP with a mage too ya know. And a warrior, and aa Cleric, and a rogue)
    Mages are squishy and thats about it we have no damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts