Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best class for solo pve leveling?

Soulwalker

Default Best class for solo pve leveling?

I like classes that can put out some damage but are very survivable. I'm just curious what classes in Rift are able to solo almost any quests or rifts. Thinking cleric as tank spec right now but not sure thats best for what I want.

I also like to be useful in groups if possible to have both great soloing and group utility.

Sez

It's a four-way tie between Rogue, Cleric, Mage, and Warrior.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

As far as efficiency: Cleric > Mage/Rogue > Warrior
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Rekzar View Post
    I like classes that can put out some damage but are very survivable. I'm just curious what classes in Rift are able to solo almost any quests or rifts. Thinking cleric as tank spec right now but not sure thats best for what I want.

I also like to be useful in groups if possible to have both great soloing and group utility.
    Duracell Cleric.
    Damaged - Hailol: Daermoon, Berillion (both 60)
    Fire and Ice - Hailol: Proclus Lycaeus, Wolframm, Ephrus, Shvaai (all 60)
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal) - Hailol: Ennal, Eldr, Yamule (all 60), Benderis (55),
    Mirahsha (26), Ariarlos (1) - Unguilded on Brutwacht (EU) - Siebenundvierzig (23)
    4/4 IDH | 4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 2/4 GA | 1/5 PB | 1/3 IG | 1277 PA

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    As far as efficiency: Cleric > Mage/Rogue > Warrior
    Thanks that helps out. Mainly curious which class/soul setup can solo multi mobs, elites, and rifts. So who does that best?

Thanks that helps out. Mainly curious which class/soul setup can solo multi mobs, elites, and rifts. So who does that best?
    Duracell Cleric

Solo Multi-Mobs? Check. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRY_fgGZtSo
    Elites? Check. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN2OVBWrhuw
    Rifts? Check. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFj0PfY2R5s
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 07-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Damaged - Hailol: Daermoon, Berillion (both 60)
    Fire and Ice - Hailol: Proclus Lycaeus, Wolframm, Ephrus, Shvaai (all 60)
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal) - Hailol: Ennal, Eldr, Yamule (all 60), Benderis (55),
    Mirahsha (26), Ariarlos (1) - Unguilded on Brutwacht (EU) - Siebenundvierzig (23)
    4/4 IDH | 4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 2/4 GA | 1/5 PB | 1/3 IG | 1277 PA

Soulwalker

reaver tank, just pull like 10 mobs and spam out all your spells and kill. repeat xD

Cleric by far and duracell is really only fast after you can put a good amount of points till then Inq/just is faster and actually for straight aoe leveling Inq/just is still faster in the 40's I've tested both pretty extensivley

Quote Originally Posted by clottbott View Post
    reaver tank, just pull like 10 mobs and spam out all your spells and kill. repeat xD
    I have a 50 warrior and 48 cleric and cleric is def faster. I even leveled my warrior before the reaver nerfs and cleric is still faster for pure aoe leveling

You can't go wrong with Cleric. For some decent aoe and range, get Justicar to 11 or 12, and then put the rest into Inquisitor. You could put a few into Inquisitor earlier, for Sanction Heretic and maybe the 6 point shields, but you really want Doctrine of Bliss and full Salvation as soon as possible. Start with 0 Purifier, the shield is pretty awesome for giving you room to get off a cast like Soul Drain. Doctrine of Bliss will pick you up when Salvation and Vex's Contempt are falling behind. Use Mien of Honor, not Leadership. At some point you might want to switch that 0 to Sentinel for Healing Breath, but that's a free change. Going 4 into Purifier for Healing Flame is an option too. Reparation and Doctrine of Loyalty give you some group utility for public groups and the like. Sanction Heretic and Vex are some nice early damage and just get better with points.

For dungeons after some point in your 20s you probably want more specialized roles. Those Justicar points could be spent boosting your damage for DPS. Consider a full Healing and/or Tank role as well. As far as a dungeon damage role goes, I'm using 51 Inquisitor / 10 Sentinel / 5 Warden, which leaves me with Vex/Contempt and 4 heals, for reasonable survival on a touchy pull until the tank secures aggro, or just to top myself off and save the healer some trouble. I've even kept a tank alive (well, me and their cooldowns) through a trash pull when the healer went down for some reason.

Plane Touched

I wouldn't say cleric tank to level, I've had a much easier time using an elementalist to solo elites & rifts, for example.
    Also when switching to group you can pop air elem instead of earth, works nicely imo.

"Duracell cleric" or some variation of justicar aoe dps is nice to level through multiple non elites, but not as good vs elites imo.

I had fun and success with my cleric (Druid/Justicar/Shaman). Also my Necrolock. I'd say something with a pet helps a lots solo PvE.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 60/88 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 60/77 Kelari Magician; Gitana GM Apothecary/Outfitter/Artificer
    Carmelita 57/53 Eth Rogue; Hija 35 Kelari Rogue; Estancia GM Runes/Weapons/Armor; Chula 60/78 Kelari Rogue

Cleric is superior for leveling, but once you get to 50, you will be worst at most everything else except for healing (though Chloromancer changes may still make this true), and PvP stubbornness.

Cleric Tanking is the worst of the 3 Callings that can tank.
    Cleric DPS is the worst of the 4 Callings.
    Cleric Support is often not necessary with Bards and Archons, and you end up just being a Warden or -icar build for Raid heals.

Unless you develope your niche early, expect to end your Clerical career as a Healer first and back up dps second.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
    Cleric is superior for leveling, but once you get to 50, you will be worst at most everything else except for healing (though Chloromancer changes may still make this true), and PvP stubbornness.

Cleric Tanking is the worst of the 3 Callings that can tank.
    Cleric DPS is the worst of the 4 Callings.
    Cleric Support is often not necessary with Bards and Archons, and you end up just being a Warden or -icar build for Raid heals.

Unless you develope your niche early, expect to end your Clerical career as a Healer first and back up dps second.
    So what would you say is a good PVE soloing for 1-50 + really good end game soloing and farming that is NOT caster/range
    My Gaming Community!
    CherryBelle@Hailol

IMO clerics don't get good for aoe leveling until 20+ mages/rangers with pets can kill stuff fast at level 1 by the time clerics get going with good aoe the mage will be higher level.
    Last edited by rglaredo; 08-03-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast