+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Archtypes? That would be nice.

Default More Archtypes? That would be nice.

I don't have a clue on ideas for Trion. I do know that we are down to having the need of only 4 characters to play all the specs you want to play. For a person with Altholicism like me, the game is lacking the fix I miss from a game like EQ2. So many classes to try that I stayed busy for a very long time.

I got bored of raiding...leveled something else. I got bored of playing my main...I had many characters to play between expansions to content. It kept me entertained.

I hope we do get some new Archtype ..It would revitalize my interests to resub as I have turned it off for July now. I am willing to bet many other players would like to see more Archtype varieties put in.

yes this game is different and having multi soul option is cool and all...but it does also limit me down to 4 characters to play.

Losing it for the first time in this game has made me realize how nice it was to have so many classes to play in the past MMO's. Like Dark Age of Camelot, EQ series, City of Villains/Heroes...etc etc. Having this down to a limitation by design kinda sucks to me in Rift.

what? you got 9 souls in each archtype! Giving you over 30 different play styles... what else do you want?

have you perfected at least one? whats your raid dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Sez

What would it be? All the classes are already covered.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    what? you got 9 souls in each archtype! Giving you over 30 different play styles... what else do you want?

have you perfected at least one? whats your raid dps?
    What does this have to do with missing and desiring a wider variety of arch types using the current soul systems in place?

If you can't relate to my desires due to not having altaholicism , there is nothing else I can say or do to explain it to you.

And my Cleric is T2/T3 in every slot. My Rogue is T2. Warrior and Mage didn't sustain my interests.

Like I said we have 4 characters to level. By design I am only leveling 4 arch types vs individual soul builds. This limits me to 4.

Yet other games by design... eq2 has roughly 12 classes I can pick from to level up. Yes that is a total of 12 alts I can try.

I don't have a issue with the soul system in Rift.. I only miss having such a wider variety of alt leveling choices.

Telaran

I don't think you'll see more archetypes anytime soon. I'd expect one to be released either with the first or second expansion. Trion could surprise me though by releasing more souls instead.

As a poster above touched on: a role (set of 2-3 souls) is the equivalent of other games' classes. The only difference is that they are lacking different class mechanics but I'd rather see clerics get an actual class mechanic before adding another archetype with one (mana isn't a class mechanic).
    Last edited by Kassa; 07-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    What would it be? All the classes are already covered.
    That's the million dollar question I can't answer. Leaving to imagination... lets see...

How about Demonspawn (made it up)... where you are a corrupted soul that is free from Regulos ...and create class souls specific to this theme.

Like transforming into a demon soul and give it melee/mage skills combo
    create a form that is supportive or ranged... we can run with it with some imagination.

Sure this probably sounds pretty dumb.. I am only going off the top of my head to answer your question. In reality I have no idea what to suggest. All I know is I wish we had more choices.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Warfangs View Post
    Yet other games by design... eq2 has roughly 12 classes I can pick from to level up. Yes that is a total of 12 alts I can try.

I don't have a issue with the soul system in Rift.. I only miss having such a wider variety of alt leveling choices.
    Ummm... I don't think you're going to get much support if your issue is that you want to be forced to level and gear new alts every time you want to change roles. I think that's what drew a lot of people to this game.

If you want a new leveling experience in that manner, you could always reroll a 2nd cleric and level as inquisitor instead of shamicar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassa View Post
    Ummm... I don't think you're going to get much support if your issue is that you want to be forced to level and gear new alts every time you want to change roles. I think that's what drew a lot of people to this game.

If you want a new leveling experience in that manner, you could always reroll a 2nd cleric and level as inquisitor instead of shamicar.
    I appreciate the suggestion but it defeats the purpose to level the same thing twice. By design I don't have a reason to. My one cleric can be a caster, melee, healer, pvp, and extra in one.

Oh and I have another one that came to mind borrowed frorm other games.

Monk Arch type..(eq2) Vampire (Daoc) ....
    Last edited by Warfangs; 07-05-2011 at 11:08 AM.

That's the million dollar question I can't answer. Leaving to imagination... lets see...

How about Demonspawn (made it up)... where you are a corrupted soul that is free from Regulos ...and create class souls specific to this theme.

Like transforming into a demon soul and give it melee/mage skills combo
    create a form that is supportive or ranged... we can run with it with some imagination.

Sure this probably sounds pretty dumb.. I am only going off the top of my head to answer your question. In reality I have no idea what to suggest. All I know is I wish we had more choices.
    What you are describing is actually a HoX from Age of Conan. Which in fact just went F2P and got its population is back.

So it could be the best time to try your imaginary char and a total of 12 chars to level.

As for rift.... TRION is having problems balancing PvP around the 4 archetypes they have... i dont think it would be a good idea to add anymore even if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Telaran

I appreciate the suggestion but it defeats the purpose to level the same thing twice. By design I don't have a reason to. My one cleric can be a caster, melee, healer, pvp, and extra in one.
    I know but my point was more along the lines of a lot of people love this game because they aren't forced to do what you want to do (but only if you 'have to'). You're basically saying her that you want to level as different souls/classes but refuse to waste the time to do so if it's not essential to playing as those roles. I sort of understand this and everyone has their strange personality quirks. I just don't think Trion was targeting the 'people who love to level a character experiencing multiple roles but won't do it voluntarily' demographic all that heavily. I think you might be the polar opposite of the market they were shooting for ;)

+ Reply to Thread