+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My take on warriors from a new player.

Plane Touched

Default My take on warriors from a new player.

I always pick a melee class, preferably that which carries something big in unison of both hands and goes to town. In rift ever since I started stacking off the GCD damage attacks in macro's, which is as soon as I got them, I have been rocking peoples faces.

Sometimes I burst so much damage as a champion it would be un-healable even without lingering wounds; wtf 3ptBladefury+propertiming > frenzied strike+ bash OMGWTFBBQ burst damage. This far outweighs any other tactic I've come up with in other souls, like getting the ability to remove buffs; not hots or bubbles etc.

So now that I do a **** ton of damage, what else can I do? I can disarm every 15seconds, not bad/not great, I can FEAR BOMB every 30 seconds, you have no idea how powerful this is in the correct situation, this totally puts a group into panic at the start of the Black Garden when they group up outside the fang and I Bull Rush in and F-Bomb them.

So then you're thinking: great damage, decent utility in group play, well what are your weaknesses? For a while I only had 1 ranged attack that needed weapon swapping, but then I went 10pts into Warlord and every 8 god damned seconds I can make all your running or hiding absolutely worthless, this totally fracks with ranged at codex when they're up on their cliff and then BAM! GET OVER HERE!!! The rest don't even realize how short the CD is so they think they're all safe but no BAM! GET OVER HERE! Again and again and again! They look so lost after being pulled off that cliff.

I'm level 34 and enjoying how OP'd I feel, even if our damage got nerfed to &*^% I could still F-Bomb and pull people anywhere I like, certifies a lot of kills.

However, I think it would be better if Mages were brought up instead of bringing everyone else down. Clerics atm I think are in a good place, it is possible to solo them, but if your burst doesn't go so well it can take a while, in a group situation their survival goes through the roof, but only because of team play and that's how it should be, they shouldn't be arbitrarily impossible to kill at certain thresholds of gear.

I fight a lot of mages where I feel that the deal was sealed when I hit proper timing watching the crits fly. I have seen ranged/melee rogues do pretty well against myself, but it's mainly because they're immune to all of my utility and simply I can't do anything anyway 1v1 which doesn't bother me that much for some odd reason.

I'd propose that mages get a proper timing of their own, except this one when talented allows any spell to be instant cast; without tweaking numbers their damage and utility just became that much more dangerous every 30 seconds.

Must not have read the mage PvP tree.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Must not have read the mage PvP tree.
    Haven't played them very extensively yet, but so far I haven't come up against any fearsome mages.

Ascendant

Come back when you're 50 :P
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by prsc View Post
    I'm level 34 and enjoying how OP'd I feel
    Get back to us when PvP doesn't involve you killing someone up to 9 levels lower than you who isn't running with 40% damage reduction from PvP gear.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Mages get Nenvin's Lament in Archmage (equivalent to Proper Timing)... though truthfully with the right gear, they don't need it.

Things change once you hit 50... better gear, better physical mitigation.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Plane Touched

Get back to us when you hit 50 and unload your burst on a P6-geared cleric and his health doesn't move.

Rift Chaser

a lvl 34 warrior saying warriors are OP? where does all these rats come from?

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    Get back to us when you hit 50 and unload your burst on a P6-geared cleric and his health doesn't move.
    This is misleading.

A cleric doesn't have to be R6 to be invulnerable.

+ Reply to Thread