+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift...What class to play?

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift...What class to play?

I am a newly defected WoW player and i am currently installing the game as i type so i was hoping to get some help with which class would be best for me. I had spent the last 6 years playing a holy paladin in dungeons and raids and retribution for leveling up and doing dailies and such. What class trees in Rift would be close to what i played in WoW?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lsjreadingpa View Post
    I am a newly defected WoW player and i am currently installing the game as i type so i was hoping to get some help with which class would be best for me. I had spent the last 6 years playing a holy paladin in dungeons and raids and retribution for leveling up and doing dailies and such. What class trees in Rift would be close to what i played in WoW?
    Cleric

Soulwalker

Sounds like a Cleric is right up your path, you can tank, heal and dps, right now they are a solid all around class and very closely resemble a pally

Soulwalker

So im doomed to be in cloth if i wanna heal in dungeons? While leveling up ill be super squishy as well correct?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sallazane View Post
    Sounds like a Cleric is right up your path, you can tank, heal and dps, right now they are a solid all around class and very closely resemble a pally
    This gives me hope, what gear can a cleric use?

This gives me hope, what gear can a cleric use?
    All of it except plate.

Only warriors use plate.

As for your trees: I'd use a maxed Sentinel as healing, with the rest placed in Warden and Purifier. As for DPS, I like the Shaman/Inq/Sent Spec, which can be found in the Cleric Sub-forum.

I made a Cleric as my first character even though I played a rogue in WoW, and I still loved it either way.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

So im doomed to be in cloth if i wanna heal in dungeons? While leveling up ill be super squishy as well correct?
    Clerics wear chainmail, not cloth.

Play a mage, they are so Op currently.

Pyromancer for PvP and DOminator for PvE.

Soulwalker

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Carondimonio View Post
    Play a mage, they are so Op currently.

Pyromancer for PvP and DOminator for PvE.
    Haven't logged on since 1.3?
    Cleric is a great choice if u liked pally in WoW

Soulwalker

What im looking for is a good dps build to solo with and when i get into dungeons i will be going main healer. Can anyone help me out with some build ideas?

What im looking for is a good dps build to solo with and when i get into dungeons i will be going main healer. Can anyone help me out with some build ideas?
    Good start here read through these to help with your choice/play style. Good luck.

Soulwalker

I have looked through the stickies already. I was hoping to get opinions not just "read sticky" comments or is that the default response of the forums?

Cleric's a good choice, it's a great all-around class while leveling, and it's the only class that fulfills all 4 roles. Tank, main heal, DPS, and support. Warriors can only DPS and Tank, Rogues can DPS\Tank\Support, Mages can DPS\Support\MH on Chloromancer when necessary.

The build I used while leveling my Cleric to cap was heavy into Inquisitor, some into Sentinel and some into Purifier. Some will disagree as I've heard "THE" leveling spec for Cleric is Shammy\Druid\Justicar, but I've never used any of those aforementioned souls, so I'm not an informed source on that build.

As for MH's, max points into Warden (at least in my experience) is always very good. Put 4 Soothing Streams and a Healing Current on your tank and you're ready for the pull, just keep using Deluge when it's off CD, refreshing the Stream stack when necessary and keeping Current up and you should be in good shape.

34 Sentinel \ 32 Purifier is also very good at level 50, but very mana-intensive and leaves room for your tank to die if you don't chain your heals\off-GCD skills properly.

Ultimately, learning through experience is the best way to go.
    Last edited by Karny; 07-06-2011 at 07:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread