+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clothie healers dead versus survivable Clerics?

Shadowlander

Default Clothie healers dead versus survivable Clerics?

From what I've seen, what's the point in playing a squishy healer when you could be a Cleric in chain mail which is much more durable than cloth? I think anyone who wants to heal in PvP would rather choose a Cleric, which has more healing souls, over a squishy Mage, which has minimal healing-dedicated souls.
    In my experience outside of Rift, clothie healers are hard enough to kill due to their constant self healing and HoTs. I haven't played end-game PvP yet, but it seems like Clerics would dominate over a clothie, or can become so.

armor type matters?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

There are Tank Souls and there are all the others. Armor type makes no difference - Spoon.

Yeah armor type doesn't matter at all. You pretty much never see Paragon, Assassin, or Marksman in Warfronts.
    That aside, the problem is more how chloro and the various cleric specs work. Chloro has to move in to damage targets, whereas the cleric only has to be in range of the friendly target.

Chain comes with wisdom, which is what Clerics want. Why would they hold out for the rare crappy cloth that has more wisdom?
    Mage Class Lead of <Arisen> - Wolfsbane
    Imriel 50 Mage | Aurelenath 50 Cleric
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS

Quote Originally Posted by Ysandre View Post
    Chain comes with wisdom, which is what Clerics want. Why would they hold out for the rare crappy cloth that has more wisdom?
    Unless it looks awesome!
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

You're right. Chloro doesn't quite have the survivability and healing options of a Cleric. But you can mix is with warlock (for survivability and damage), archon (for group buffs), dominator (for cc).

If you just want to heal, and you want to stand at the front lines taking a beating while healing, Cleric is probably a better choice. But Chloro is a lot of fun. And there's a lot of other things you can do with a mage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    You're right. Chloro doesn't quite have the survivability and healing options of a Cleric. But you can mix is with warlock (for survivability and damage), archon (for group buffs), dominator (for cc).

If you just want to heal, and you want to stand at the front lines taking a beating while healing, Cleric is probably a better choice. But Chloro is a lot of fun. And there's a lot of other things you can do with a mage.
    With my experience people will go for healers despite if they are on the front lines or not. I know armor doesn't play the biggest factor, but it does seem like the Cleric is more suited for healing than a Mage, which surprised me due to the chain mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysandre View Post
    Almost all indication I've read into shows that PvP Clerics want crit.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Biggest problem are peoples Valor pools,hard to get some proper healing going on 900+Valor pimped heal anchor.

+ Reply to Thread