+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Needs fixing] Lost Hope and Incapacitate Interupting even on DR

Default [Needs fixing] Lost Hope and Incapacitate Interupting even on DR

Nothing spectacular but awfully annoying.

Lost Hope and Incapacitate enabling a perma-stealthed rogue to prevent a codex cap for ... ever?

Yes, I expect people to flame and say that I needed AOE, etc, etc. With lost hope being 20m range, that gives you a 40m diameter around the point. Before you find the guy, maybe 1-2 min has been wasted aoeing everywhere (and by that time, the other team's backup showed up on the point and you can't do anything, but it's not the point). If you don't have aoe, then you are screwed even more (force to leave the point, can't do anything else anyways).

Full scenario : a rogue caps vault, people shows up, he pops his perma-stealth. People go onto the point to cap, people get sapped (no problem yet, it's fine). Two saps down, people are on DR, which makes them immune.

However, even though they are immune, they get interupted while capping. Thats the problem.

Please fix?

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post

Lost Hope and Incapacitate enabling a perma-stealthed rogue to prevent a codex cap for ... ever?

Yes, I expect people to flame and say that I needed AOE, etc, etc. With lost hope being 20m range, that gives you a 40m diameter around the point. Before you find the guy, maybe 1-2 min has been wasted aoeing everywhere (and by that time, the other team's backup showed up on the point and you can't do anything, but it's not the point). If you don't have aoe, then you are screwed even more (force to leave the point, can't do anything else anyways).

Full scenario : a rogue caps vault, people shows up, he pops his perma-stealth. People go onto the point to cap, people get sapped (no problem yet, it's fine). Two saps down, people are on DR, which makes them immune.

However, even though they are immune, they get interupted while capping. Thats the problem.

Please fix?

<3
    I will suggest a work around for now until they fix it.

Get 4+ people to stack ontop of each other, all spam click the flag at the same time and keep spamming, eventually someone will get it.

If you can't get 4+ people to help, leave that flag and go concentrate on the others while that Rogue wastes his/her time for minimal Favour gain due to not doing much, if anything, over the entire duration of a Codex.

Any Rogue doing this is only hurting thier Favour gain and wasting thier time.

Plane Touched

I agree. I can understand that they want to prevent people from capping while immune to damage, but you shouldn't be able to have a solo rogue prevent up to 4 people from capping indefinitely just by rotating Lost Hope on them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post

Get 4+ people to stack ontop of each other, all spam click the flag at the same time and keep spamming, eventually someone will get it.

If you can't get 4+ people to help, leave that flag and go concentrate on the others while that Rogue wastes his/her time for minimal Favour gain due to not doing much, if anything, over the entire duration of a Codex.

You do realize you get favor from everyone's kills across the entire map, right? Helping your team win by doing boring things like guarding a node that no one ever comes to does not hurt your favor.

I made a thread in the PvP/Warfront forum and someone linked the patch note part of 1.3 that addressed this.

It appears it was intended. They wanted to kill Immunity-capping (via shields and cd's), and in doing so, made any non-damaging CC ability interrupt a cap even if the person is on DR.

Logic once again escapes them. Instead of just making it so if you had certain buffs active you were blocked from capturing a node/flag/stone, they screwed the whole thing up.

It's unfortunate.
    Last edited by Stigas; 07-03-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

hahah yeah, me and chili tested it out on foraging:
    1x sap - incapacitated (interrupted)
    2x sap - incapacitated (interrupted)
    3x sap - immune (interrupted)
    4x sap - immune (interrupted)

and it went on and on, i didnt hit him, stun him, incapacitate him, but he got interrupted
    we were testing it with foraging, but it also works with capping codex points and ps

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    You do realize you get favor from everyone's kills across the entire map, right? Helping your team win by doing boring things like guarding a node that no one ever comes to does not hurt your favor.
    Yeah, however, you get more contribution if you also assist in the killing.

Ascendant

maybe I fail at math, but woulnt this just means that 4 rogues are enough to completely shut down 16 players just for clicking banners?
    I wouldnt call this wasting my time.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Yeah, however, you get more contribution if you also assist in the killing.
    you get more contribution if you win, stopping players cold means winning so its a net gain.
    too many players see only the "I'm bashing him in the face" and forget about utility.
    that's why healers and support are those wich make you win, not dpsers.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    you get more contribution if you win, stopping players cold means winning so its a net gain.
    too many players see only the "I'm bashing him in the face" and forget about utility.
    that's why healers and support are those wich make you win, not dpsers.
    No you get a flat rate bonus for winning, the Favour you gain over the period of time is based of people killed in your generally area.

Notoriety bonuses for capping points is zone wide. Standing around at a Flag all day while there is no action in your general area will net you far less points then the rest.

Test it, go stand around in the corner of the zone some where and compaire your favour gain to others who were in the action the entire time.

Plane Touched

Umm. Favor is identical for everyone minus those who come in late. You get every stitch of favor. I am one of these rogues, this is the way I contribute. My healers pushes buttons and fills people's health up; my dps bash faces and take health away; my dominators dry up the mana and energy and cripple; I prevent the enemy from capping.

I spend many hours doing this, sometimes never getting one killing blow or death in an entire match. I get the same favor as everyone else. It's old news.

And any type of CC will cancel your "use" on a node when immune, not just incap and lost hope. Rogue hater. XD
    Last edited by Zarak; 07-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Lol, I'm a rogue myself and I say its broken.

Needs fixed ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post

Please fix?

<3
    My problem with those rogues is that even when they are right in your face they are near invisible. You have to basically stack on them to see them. The sapping wouldn't be a problem if you could actually see and tab target them.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    I made a thread in the PvP/Warfront forum and someone linked the patch note part of 1.3 that addressed this.

It appears it was intended. They wanted to kill Immunity-capping (via shields and cd's), and in doing so, made any non-damaging CC ability interrupt a cap even if the person is on DR.

Logic once again escapes them. Instead of just making it so if you had certain buffs active you were blocked from capturing a node/flag/stone, they screwed the whole thing up.

It's unfortunate.
    I believe it was an unintended consequence of them attempting to prevent immune capping (which I honestly don't understand what the problem is, almost all those immune cap attempts had counters anyway - and really all the needed to do was make interrupt abilities work on caps - and have control abilities (like fear) interrupt caps as well).
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast