+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastmaster ?

Default Beastmaster ?

In a recent interview with Curse Scott talks about using soul points and seems to suggest with out saying that Beast Master might be under the warrior class.

Maybe I missed this but its not listed on the game's main site yet so see what you think?

http://www.curse.com/articles/rift-news/799723.aspx

It sure looks like it. Beastmaster will be under Warrior calling since you only choose three souls under the same calling.

Hrm, so warrior calling and not rogue... a lot of people gonna piss and moan they can't be a ranger-style pet class, probably.

I like the idea of a beastmaster under the warrior calling, but worry tanking will suck due to splitting power with a pet. Maybe that means there will be some decent dps builds for warriors though, which is a good idea.

I just hope it allows for taming, even if it's just the 'skin' of the pet and doesn't affect power, I still like hunting around for cool (or ridiculous) pets to show off.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post
    Hrm, so warrior calling and not rogue... a lot of people gonna piss and moan they can't be a ranger-style pet class, probably.

I like the idea of a beastmaster under the warrior calling, but worry tanking will suck due to splitting power with a pet. Maybe that means there will be some decent dps builds for warriors though, which is a good idea.

I just hope it allows for taming, even if it's just the 'skin' of the pet and doesn't affect power, I still like hunting around for cool (or ridiculous) pets to show off.
    Yeah I see this as good solo spec or true avoidance tanking.

Or maybe the pets will wear heavy armor and actually do the tanking.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
    Or maybe the pets will wear heavy armor and actually do the tanking.

That'd be cool.

I could see a system where instead of power being split across the board, the pet could get the majority of tanking power, the warrior getting the majority of dps/utility power. It would still 'balance', but just be a different distribution from most games with pet classes.

I'd love a class where my pet was the star... I'm weird though, so not sure if it would have widespread appeal.

Up until i saw beastmaster would fall under the warrior role i wasnt particularly interested and was completely sure i would roll a scout of the stabby/bard (if there is a Bard soul!) pursuasion, however they certainly got my interest now.

I quite like the idea of being heavily armoured and able to get in and melee dps whilst using a pet, rather than the usual squishy that pet classes tend to be. thats the one thing that usually puts me off the pet classes, i prefer to get in and hit things than stand at range either nuking or using a bow/gun.

Will definately be checking the beastmaster out now.

Kodo and Podo are so not warrior.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Or maybe pets might actually be able to do some damage!

Who says they're a tank class? Warrior != tank.

That said, it appears they're shooting for 1 pet class per calling. Beastmaster, elementalist, ranger, and then whatever the cleric one would be. It would be cool to have a healing pet.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Shadowlander

If anything i would guess the player holds all the tanking and the pet holds all the DPS for the beastmaster. Only because it sounds like its the opposite for the ranger, meaning the player themselves are in command of the main role while the pet is responsible for the secondary role. Ranger=DPs ranger pet=defense, beastmaster=defense beastmaster pet=DPS. Following this line of logic if healers get a pet class I would guess the pet is responsible for utility or DPS while the player is responsible for actual healing, the main role.

Could just be wishful thinking too. When a class has a main role and a large portion of the ability to do it lies with the pet, it quickly becomes easy mode. DPS classes that are also pet classes in other MMO's tend to work 'well enough' in casual situations if they just send in the pet and just flip on auto attack or throw a few DoTs. Very boring, even if your not the one playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    and then whatever the cleric one would be. It would be cool to have a healing pet.
    Page with bandaids?
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

purifier kinda hinted at having pets as a healing class, which sounded interesting

also, rangers have pets already (to the person who mentioned them wanting the ranger/pet combo)

Who said the beastmaster woud have pets? I immagine the beastmaster as a zerker . A wolf of the steppes , a barbarian in true form . Rough and tough , lord of horse riding and master of dual wield damage . It has to be big and mean looking , elf zerkers just look stupid
    Deceneu - Xanadu
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/1898430
    eat good-look good;look good-play good;play good-paid good;paid good-eat good

Quote Originally Posted by DeceneU View Post
    Who said the beastmaster woud have pets? I immagine the beastmaster as a zerker . A wolf of the steppes , a barbarian in true form . Rough and tough , lord of horse riding and master of dual wield damage . It has to be big and mean looking , elf zerkers just look stupid
    Hrm, so the beastmaster would BE the beast, and also master of himself... thus the beastmaster.... sounds philosophical enough to just be called a monk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast