+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Player: What to make?

Soulwalker

Default New Player: What to make?

Hello all,

Just finished playing through the 7 day trial and picked up the DCE and some gametime, ive tried all the classes (one combination of each) till around 8th level (give or take) and im looking for a class(spec especially) thats easygoing to level up and solo, but when needed can contribute to groups as I level.

I am coming from a hiatus from MMO;s in general, though I have the MOST experience with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexfelis View Post
    Hello all,

Just finished playing through the 7 day trial and picked up the DCE and some gametime, ive tried all the classes (one combination of each) till around 8th level (give or take) and im looking for a class(spec especially) thats easygoing to level up and solo, but when needed can contribute to groups as I level.

I am coming from a hiatus from MMO;s in general, though I have the MOST experience with WoW.
    Well alot depends on what you want to play meaning, range dps (magice or physical) melee dps, tank, heals.......
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathka View Post
    Well alot depends on what you want to play meaning, range dps (magice or physical) melee dps, tank, heals.......
    Fair enough, I suppose I could have been more specific, I think I am looking for something along the magical lines, if I had to choose a class based on what ive experienced thus far Id choose Cleric. Is it relatively easy to level a cleric (ranged) or (melee) in this game? In WoW, It was pulling teeth for years until the revamp changes.

Plane Touched

Cleric:
    - easygoing lvl up and solo-checked (self-heal, good dmg in both range and melee aspect, can tank too)
    - contribute to group-checked (who doesnt like a healing cleric)
    In fact, there are builds for every single classes to make them useful in different situations. You should play the class that you feel most comfortable.
    - Rogue = stealth (harashing enemies, squishy), good for tanking too.
    - Mage = heavy range dmg, character controls, healing (squishy and just got pulled off from the god-like throne),
    - Warrior = heavy melee dps, best tank for most of situations
    - Cleric = as i said above, they can do everything that a MMO requires. If stealth trinket is more popular in game, i think they should just remove rogue class from the game. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rexfelis View Post
    Fair enough, I suppose I could have been more specific, I think I am looking for something along the magical lines, if I had to choose a class based on what ive experienced thus far Id choose Cleric. Is it relatively easy to level a cleric (ranged) or (melee) in this game? In WoW, It was pulling teeth for years until the revamp changes.
    Cleric is very easy to level.....
    If you start a cleric i suggest to paths to level up in....
    1. inquistor/justicar/sent- only need 11 in Justicar...high in inquistor and rest in sentinel. Decent range dps for lvling and later levels Fantastic AOE lvling for massive killing.

2. Sham/druid/just or sham/druid/sent- more melee dps but good for lvling as well. You could also just try Sham/just/sent but something along those lines.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

+ Reply to Thread