+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I say I'm Nightblade, Cleric says kill Void Knight or you won't be healed.

Default I say I'm Nightblade, Cleric says kill Void Knight or you won't be healed.

el.............oh...............el

So kill the void knight. Then pee on the clerics holy symbol.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

you missed the point.

Nightblade = Non-physical melee.

Void Knight = Anti non-physical anti melee.

I do negative damage to them.

Which is funny because I recall a specific patch note i believe from beta that cause any attacks to do negative damage to just read as 0.

Ignore the cleric and do what you want.

Change specs or don't get healed.

When the cleric said you won't be healed it wasn't a threat. They can't heal you with no mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

why are you playing nightblade

Quote Originally Posted by retteb View Post
    why are you playing nightblade
    Maybe because he likes the class? A good Nightblade can **** someones world up if played right. And also, Fell Blades + Anathema. What isn't to love?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Maybe because he likes the class? A good Nightblade can **** someones world up if played right. And also, Fell Blades + Anathema. What isn't to love?
    nightblade sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    Change specs or don't get healed.

When the cleric said you won't be healed it wasn't a threat. They can't heal you with no mana.
    This.

The situation in the OP is the reason for us having multiple souls to swap out too. Heals heal, until a Void Knight comes along and saps their mana. Then the Nightblade sees this and respecs to physical damage to kill said Void Knight. Healer gains mana back by any one of a number of different means, resumes healing, and Nightblade can swap back to his preferred gimp spec.

Or, of course, the Nightblade could come on to the forums and complain because he only knows his class and the class that always kills him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Prophet of Telara

Void Knight's magic mitigation is barely above their physical. You're as well equipped as anyone.

General of Telara

^ this. VK mitigate both physical and magic extremely well, and with proper spec/gear combo can even reach some decent self heal numbers. My PvE spec VK gets 70% physical reduction just from armor values, to give you an idea.

Play assassin. There is 0 reason to play other specs if they don't offer a unique pkaystyle.

Assassin = melee
    Marksman = ranged
    Bard = support

Don't play other builds that are weaker and also don't bring anything new.

I play VK/Vind/Champ in PVP.

Silly rogues, I love killing you.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    I play VK/Vind/Champ in PVP.

Silly rogues, I love killing you.
    I don't suspect the OP was talking about PvP healing. But on that PvP subject, I hate you! So much. And all your brethren playing any Role! That's why I enjoy my MM/Ranger/Assassin Role so much at 50. I hate you all, lol!!! And so does my Raptor, which keeps getting told to use it's most damaging ability that also gives it heals with almost every use of my own abilities. I so do love macros for that reason. I know you hate me too, that's why your entire team zergs me. Hurts so good!

Back on topic. I agree with the others. We have Roles to fit situations. They're kinda fun, too. Not that I think Healers are group bosses, but that's beside the point.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Play assassin. There is 0 reason to play other specs if they don't offer a unique pkaystyle.
    NB doesn't play exactly like assassin, in my experience, but I think you've missed a key point:

Character concepts are part of how some people play.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast