+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ahh the "Classes" of Rift

Default Ahh the "Classes" of Rift

I've played since beta 6, I've seen the game change into what it is now and blah blah blah... You don't care about that.

So... I want to start by saying bravo to Rift for coming up with new class ideas! Sabs, Nightblades, and Purifiers (because they heal with fire), these a few of the pretty cool unique classes that I personally have never seen before. I like that Trion tried to think outside of the box when they were developing the 983427601983 classes in this game.

That said I want to address one thing that may be rubbing some people the wrong way. Trion since your main market focus was WoW I think you should have considered two things in advance: class diversity, and a sense of ownership to your class. Now I know I sound like I'm on drugs with that statement but hear me out. Let's think about the Paladin in Rift for a moment. A holy tank, and really nothing more. Now I know that since rift has 2398467 Warrior classes that you could choose any of those other classes if you wanted to DPS or whatnot but I cant be a paladin that way... what if I really want to be a paladin... a holy warrior who smites and junk like that? What if I wanted the persona of a Reaver but as DPS? To bad Reavers are a tank tree as well. If you havent noticed my point yet, picture this. Now your a Paladin in "That other game" You dig the idea of Paladins and here you have a choice of the type of paladin you are going to be...

Please dont misunderstand my intent... I want Rift to succeed so friggin bad I cant stand it! I want Rift to be the new standard but you have to consider all sides. ANd at the same time not all classes feel this way... for the most part the Mage classes all feel cool and have clear expectations. If you play a Pyro you are goin to burn shiz down. A necro is going to summon undead armies and such. The mage calling works.

It would be pretty bueno if those "odd" callings could choose archtypes, like: what kind of paladin are you going to be? Maybe give a similar type of class to Clerics but a DPS soul that deals holy (life or whatever) damage.

Lastly, no matter how many classes Trion puts intot hsi game, people will always min/max the best classes and only want Paladin tanks, etc. Maybe the classes just need some time top make their mark... I cant say for sure, I have been playing for 4-5 months now and the classes still seem awkward to me at times.

This is just a thought so dont put too much into over analyzing this I just wanted to voice my opinion on this; give Trion some food for thought on what their customers think.

Sorry about the typos... I r goodz typrz promize

Plane Touched

You can always combine various souls to get the desired effect, the versatility is here.
    Dont forget that you play a warrior, not a palladin nor a reaver.

I have four tank specs, a pvp spec, and a dps spec. These spread over 8 souls.

Velrath - 5x Warrior - Wolfbane

"You can love me, you can leave me, but before you judge me, get to know me. Then you can love me or either leave me, but know that life ain't easy" - Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr.

"I stay high because the world is so low" - Scott Mescudi

+ Reply to Thread