+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The realality of 1.3

pro

Default The realality of 1.3

I think everyone agrees and has valid points that 1.3 did all of the below...

Mages-
    Stoped all the qq about pyros to point where they arent played in any aspect of the game, in pve only and thats only by those who dislike necro/lock.

Left mages with only one spot in raids and that is archon.

Made dominator the most played by all who enter a warfront with any grain on sense.

Warriors-
    Basically gave them more speccs to top dps charts with. And most players have found the top speccs and some way recieved a buff while other less bright players think they were nerfed.

There surrvivabilty is still very poor but oh well they are one of the top dps classes.

Cleric-
    Kinda left them unchanged except they are now killable by any dom that is given enough time.

They now share the spotlight with rogues

Rogues-
    Im not sure if 1.3 gave them abilty to kill in 1 stun but i dont remmber it happening before patch. I strongly sense a nerf coming in there damage or cc capabilities. Because even though they arent one shotting they are killing b4 someone can react which will lead to QQing.

Dps wise they run circles around mages even in ranged speccs!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post

Mages-
    Stoped all the qq about pyros to point where they arent played in any aspect of the game, in pve only and thats only by those who dislike necro/lock.

Made dominator the most played by all who enter a warfront with any grain on sense.

Warriors-
    Basically gave them more speccs to top dps charts with. And most players have found the top speccs and some way recieved a buff while other less bright players think they were nerfed.

There surrvivabilty is still very poor but oh well they are one of the top dps classes.

Cleric-
    Kinda left them unchanged except they are now killable by any dom that is given enough time.

Rogues-
    Im not sure if 1.3 gave them abilty to kill in 1 stun but i dont remmber it happening before patch. I strongly sense a nerf coming in there damage or cc capabilities. Because even though they arent one shotting they are killing b4 someone can react which will lead to QQing.

cue rogues "we are not op its l2p issues"

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Synjyn View Post
    cue rogues "we are not op its l2p issues"
    Its dumbfounding how things slip past trion like this you would think stun locking wouldnt even make it to test shards much less the live game!

Plane Touched

Rogue (51 sin) cannot 1 shot anything, its just because they hit too fast. Jagged Strike, back stab, serpent strike, impale, etc are the things they always use for opener, and those are freaking hurt if you are not warrior. However, after those opener skills and with a slip away on cd, they are pretty much useless. The tip is always put ur back to something, stay with the pack, use recon pot and absorb dmg runes from rifts. People always cry about rogue's dps but seem to forget the fact that warrriors are able to faceroll all other calling faster, they last way longer than rogues, and almost unkillable with a pocket healer.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SlientShadow View Post
    The tip is always put ur back to something, stay with the pack, use recon pot and absorb dmg runes from rifts
    Oh is that all? Staying with the pack should be easy, but putting your back to something can LoS you from teammates or your enemies. Recon pot? I never even knew that existed (how many know that it exist? and how expensive is it in a game where gold doesn't exactly flow like water?), and sure, let's just farm up some damage absorbs runes from Rifts.

Sounds real easy like something any person could do. Just spend 3 hours farming and you can do a warfront against rogues guys!

Plane Touched

Recon pot is from the new pvp vendor, Unseen friendly rep ( it takes 1-2 days to do it dailies for friendly rep), 500 favor for lesser one(kind of expensive but there is greater one lasts even if you got killed), it shows stealth enemies near by on your mini map. Buy one and experience the change of your life.

Rift Chaser

Mages-

Warriors-

Cleric-

Rogues-

I have a few question for you Pro.
    Do mages have any spec that offers a stealth detection buf one way or another?
    Do mages have any souls or talents that offer increased survivability?
    Do mages have any souls or talents that give them some form of damage absorbtion shield?
    Can mages spec in any form of break free skill?

pro

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    I have a few question for you Pro.
    Do mages have any spec that offers a stealth detection buf one way or another?
    Do mages have any souls or talents that offer increased survivability?
    Do mages have any souls or talents that give them some form of damage absorbtion shield?
    Can mages spec in any form of break free skill?
    And all these have ridiculously long cds making them unrealistic and reliable. If you going to go that deep into defence your damage will be so laughable it will be ridiculous and you will still die more most likely just slower.

Prophet of Telara

Your name doesn't suit you very well.

Its dumbfounding how things slip past trion like this you would think stun locking wouldnt even make it to test shards much less the live game!
    Yeah, because obviously, Warriors can't kill you in a single stun lock ethier.....seriously?

I've been leading the healers by 200-600 hps on anything requiring raid-wide healing, depending on the amount required, as a 51/15/0 Chloro/Dom/Archon.

We desperately need a decent dps spec, though. Zoomancer's our best, but it's too burst-heavy and pet-reliant, and more importantly can't come close to a Rogue or Warrior.

It would also be nice to have our tank healing back. Synthesis needs at least 100% more healing bonus.
    Last edited by Zarokima; 07-02-2011 at 03:28 AM.

See if this sounds familiar:

FOTM specs
    Nerfing popular specs due to imba issues/ lack of l2p counters and/or QQ.
    CONSTANT soul, ability, and talent changes.

Now does this describe Trion or Blizzard? Yea you can't tell the difference.

Prophet of Telara

It describes just about every mmo ever made.

Plane Touched

Mages-
    I still see plenty of Pyros in PvP.

Chloros are actually better in a raid environment since 1.3 than before and are used. They are just worse in a 5 man environment.

This is opinion not fact.

Warriors-

I can not comment on this I have no first hand experience so everything is just rumor to me.

Cleric-

Rogues-

So I just want to make sure I get this right. So, Run circles around in dps = 10-15%+ dps(10-20% on the extreme)? I guess that is one opinion on it. To me "Run circles around" would be something like to 50%+ more dps, but like I said that is opinion, definitely not reality, you should really learn the difference between fact and opinion.

none the less I can only conclude that one of 3 things is true. 1) You have no clue and are just a lemming relying on what other people say. 2) Are purposely trying to distort things to further an agenda. 3) Are on drugs.

Did mages take a dps hit and are low man of the totem pole right now:

Yes

Is it a lot harder for Chloros to solo heal T2s:

Yes, but not impossible.

Will some other class be the red headed stepchild soon and mages be doing higher dps again:

Most likely, but time will tell.

Does misrepresenting the facts help our case to get things fixed:

HELL NO.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    See if this sounds familiar:

Now does this describe Trion or Blizzard? Yea you can't tell the difference.
    or EQ or AC or DAOC or CoH or LoTRO or AO or UO or CO or AoC or just about every freakin MMO ever. This is what MMOs do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast