+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which classes need....

Default Which classes need....

to be buffed? Right now, I feel that I can roll any of the 4 classes and be competetive in both pvp and pve. I have not felt that way since the game came out. Thank you Trion!

Anyone think that a certain class needs more power?

Plane Touched

I'd say Mages and Clerics need more viable DPS roles (Since Rogues and Warriors appear to have at least 2 builds each that are viable) but thats about it.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

That's it? No one else thinks their class needs a boost?

PvP is a complete zoo so I won't event comment on that.

For PvE... Mages need a few DPS specs that keep up with rogues/warriors other than the NecroDom which is buggy and relies too heavily on Spotter's Order.

Cleric ranged/caster DPS needs to be improved, and I think the various -icar specs need to be looked at. A relic Shamicar can do 1400-1500 single target DPS and also do 1000+ HPS depending on the fight. Clerics would need to have Warden AOE heals improved if -icars get nerfed though. Their melee DPS build is a bit behind warrior/rogue but only slightly.

Warrior 2H dps is lower than DW dps. Adjusting whetstones and weaponstones would take care of that though.

Rogue DPS is pretty good. Lots of viable single target specs. Ranged DPS is too low in comparison though, and there's only one real choice for AOE situations. Bards need some love.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Cleric ranged DPS needs to be buffed, and bard abilities need to be made to scale better with gear.

Telaran

Either assassin needs to pick up a healing debuff, or they need to swap the placements of Cloudy Poison and Fel Blades. So tired of warriors being able to charge and crit and instantly put a healing debuff up thats undispellable when their class doesn't even need to it begin with (charge, 1 attack + 10 non-GCD attacks), but rogues have to spec so far up into only 1 tree (38 points in nightblade), and warriors only have to go 17.

Also think that they need to change the whole LoS breaking channeled effects. Not only rogues have problems with it, but other classes like a chloro for example. The slightest thing in front of you will break channeling, strafing past a light pole in Port of Scion.

Another thing that I would like to see changed is Bard range. 20 yards for a 3 second channel, needing to obtain 5 combo points on that target and maintain 20 yards just to use a heal. Makes it rather annoying to play bard in pvp when it is stacked with the LoS/ranged = broken channel. Other than that, for the people that thing bard needs a buff, they need to L2P. Only thing that needs fixing is making gear useful for us to get, AP scaling with Verse of Vitality & Coda of Restoration.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dMULLz View Post
    E (38 points in nightblade), and warriors only have to go 17.
    My bad, 32 points, but even still almost twice as much as warriors

No class needs a buff. Certain souls needs to make sense however.

Ascendant

Two handed Warriors need a small buff to damage. Just to give them that last little nudge to bring them level with dual wilders.

Bards needs to get more out of equipment than they currently do. Perhaps they could get some sort of "Buff potency increased by xx% of AP" talent similar to Purifiers and their shields.

Many souls (yes there's a few exceptions) could use their 51 point talents improved or have an additional scaling talent added to make them worth going deep into.

(personal wish) I'd like to see the Bladedancer to eventually be examined again with regards to it's usefulness going deep into the roots. Everyone and their dog grabs Deadly Dance now but it's pretty much accepted you'd have to be mad to go 51 into it.

I don't have enough experience with Clerics and Mages to comment on them.

Rift Master

Either Mages need their dmg buffed, or warriors need theirs nerfed, in PvP and PvE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Warriors get the Pyro treatment where certain skills are heavily nerfed in PvP while retaining their PvE capability.

PvE basically it depends where Trion wants to go. If current Mage DPS is the benchmark, nerf warriors and rogues, otherwise, buff mages.

Well if you roll a mage you can deal with long rotations and still pull 100-200 DPS less than a rogue with a one button spec.

Alone the dps isn't bad but when you compare the effort to get that dps to the effort it takes a rogue to get 100-200 more dps... its imba

I have a feeling everything is going to go ape sh!t once hk gear comes into play. Clerics are basically unkillable by some classes or if they outgear the opponent enough. However aganst well geared and skilled players it can be rough.

Once the extra dps comes into play from hk I find it hard to think that clerics will be able to keep people up through hard switches. I think Purifier needs a buff, tbh.
    Last edited by Xeraz; 07-04-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

+ Reply to Thread