+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rolling First Toon

Question Rolling First Toon

I'm installing the game now and excited to jump into Rift.

I'm most comfortable with a ranged class, primarily BM Hunters. Where should I start?

Any advice or tips for a noob?

Soulwalker

Go ranger, primarily the same as BM from wow, just preset pets

Soulwalker

Oh, its in rogue btw

That exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

Just to expand on what doom said: If you're going for the "BM" of rift he's right on but I'd like to add that Marksman and A'sin are awesome 2nd and 3rd souls. (A'sin just for the 0 point poison typicaly). I went all Ranger till Greater Razorbeast and then dropped all my other points into Marksman. Works great for me. Leveled till 44 that way and it'll work all the way to 50.

As a note,some go bard instead of marks for the self healing (which is nice) but the pet usually cant keep aggro from me when I went that way. Plus it feels a lot slower.

I have to disagree. I liked rogue in wow, made one here and was not too happy. The class was fine but I felt like I was trying to make RIFT my WoW2. I tried the other classes and even talents I wouldnt normally pick and really started to like the game for what it was.

My advice, try all 4 classes up to level 15 (you get all talents by then). Try some builds you wouldnt normally try (such as healer mage or reaver warrior (worlock warrior). RIFT offers some nice changes to other games like wow.

If by the end you find ranged rogue is what you want, go for it. But for me, I ended up with a class I thought id hate the most: warrior. Weird.

Server: Now at Laethys (Was: Estrael)
    Toon: FrozenBlood
    Class: warrior - Raid Tank - (G)
    Guild: --

Quote Originally Posted by OoieGooie View Post
    I have to disagree. I liked rogue in wow, made one here and was not too happy. The class was fine but I felt like I was trying to make RIFT my WoW2. I tried the other classes and even talents I wouldnt normally pick and really started to like the game for what it was.

My advice, try all 4 classes up to level 15 (you get all talents by then). Try some builds you wouldnt normally try (such as healer mage or reaver warrior (worlock warrior). RIFT offers some nice changes to other games like wow.

If by the end you find ranged rogue is what you want, go for it. But for me, I ended up with a class I thought id hate the most: warrior. Weird.
    The OP was looking for a BM type class specificaly. Thats a Ranger. She didn't ask our opinions on any other or our favorite

All advice is welcomed. I will be trying other classes as well. I just figured I'd roll something that I'm somewhat familiar with while I get the hang of the game and then start different classes from there.

Thank you all.

+ Reply to Thread