+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would you bring a mage to a raid anymore?

Default Why would you bring a mage to a raid anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Travqt View Post
    Warmaster is a fight with an add (wisp). If I could go back and rename this post to 1900+ spec I would but unfortunately it's too late for that. Rogues\Warriors\Clerics in my guild with BiS gear are all doing over 1900 dps and no mages can break 1800 Single Target. I've yet to see ANY mage in game do 1800 single target on pluto and even on warmaster with an add other mages struggle to break 1700.

Mages Do not have a combo that can do 1900+ in a real encounter. I did 1670 on pluto tonight with SC\Ele and what I would really like to see for the mage class is the devs to just let use play Sc\ele for Single target as well as AoE. The reason I want that to happen is because I think SC\Ele is one of the most challenging, and most rewarding classes I've ever played. I use something like 11-12 spells and toggle my charge on and off like an insane person. I use charge on every other Lightning Strike as well as my AB\RS etc.

http://www.bxy.us/fohparse/1.html

Blitzberg = Warrior 1981dps
    Kythik = Rogue 1948dps
    Noah = Cleric 1931dps
    Travqt = Mage 1670dps - 7th over all dps; why even bring mage DPS?
    For the uninitiated ones, Travqt has BiS gear in all slots. Why the hell would you ever bring more than 2 mages per raid now (1 archon and MAYBE 1 chloro)? To avoid sharding cloth? Oh, and I'd like to mention that mages don't have the 1-2 button macro builds that allow 1900dps. Don't even bring movement into this, there are no fights where movement is a greater inconvenience for melee as compared to the casters.
    Patiently awaiting either a) this post getting locked or b) relocating this post to the mage forum where it gets ignored into the ground.

aux

Oh don't worry, they can ignore it from here just fine.
    I'm so BORED

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Indiffference View Post
    For the uninitiated ones, Travqt has BiS gear in all slots. Why the hell would you ever bring more than 2 mages per raid now (1 archon and MAYBE 1 chloro)? To avoid sharding cloth? Oh, and I'd like to mention that mages don't have the 1-2 button macro builds that allow 1900dps. Don't even bring movement into this, there are no fights where movement is a greater inconvenience for melee as compared to the casters.
    Patiently awaiting either a) this post getting locked or b) relocating this post to the mage forum where it gets ignored into the ground.
    top guilds shouldnt i guess but there are like 5% top guilds and like 95% normal, once a week raiders and to them the mages are fine, in fact they are just happy to have a full raid. In other words if your really ellite you would have all 4 callings maxed by now and play what your guild needs at this time.
    Last edited by Zen Nashton; 06-29-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

They are getting used to ignoring mages by now..

By all means.... do what i did: Roll another class to play until StarWars comes out. In 3weeks i have a raid ready Cleric, its both easyer to play, and alot more fun in raids.

Just a shame that they have utterly destroyed the mage class. No point bringing a chloro btw, a hybrid Cleric will both heal, and do more dps than a Chloro + survive more dmg.

Well...we are at a point where u actually might put another warrior or rogue at that spot as a pure dps, because the dmg boost from archon might be outweighted by another 1900+ dps warrior/rogue.

Precisely! Why bother when you can have a rogue copy/paste Hoko's 1-macro wonder and beat a BiS-geared mage with gear straight out of T2's?

Plane Touched

mages are now the healers
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    mages are now the healers
    Not really. The only reason to have a chloro is to provide Living Energy on fights where the bard has to provide something other than Fervor. Similarly geared clerics heal circles around chloros.

Chloro raid heals are actually quite good post patch. Very competitive with cleric heals. It's perfectly ok to bring multiple chloros to the raid.

Mage dps...yeah. Not so much.

You people do realize mages were doing ****** high dps prior to patch 1.3 right?
    Weak geared mage doing almost 1,8k on pluto when rogues were doing 1,4k max so pls, shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    You people do realize mages were doing ****** high dps prior to patch 1.3 right?
    Weak geared mage doing almost 1,8k on pluto when rogues were doing 1,4k max so pls, shut the **** up.
    Parses proving your point please? I've provided one from a fellow mage.

Telaran

to the OP.. i don't know, why would you ever shard a piece of cloth when the new DRs on wisdom mean clerics will be going for mage cloth beyond t3 due to the superiority of int?
    Please be silent. I am dictator of.. krankor.. HAA..Haa..haa~

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Ohh...i will go with the good old "pics or it dint happend and ****"

U do know that there was ONE spec out of all the mage specs that could do "raid dmg", witch was ele/sc. This ONLY spec was nerfed to lower the aoe dmg that mages had. In the process they also ended up nerfing mages single target dmg. They wanted to awoid this by buffing warlock, as this is "supposed" to be a more movement friendly/sinlge target option for dps. This was not even close to enough.

Sure we have the bastard spec that is called "the zoomancer", but this is really not a spec that i think was intended for raids. And its really not movementfriendly at all tbh.

Problem is that ppl like you only think as far as their own spec/class goes. Sure, i agree that pyro needed a nerf. 1shotting ppl in pvp isnt fun for the one's getting 1shotted. On the other hand, i get "3shotted" by warriors all the time now with my dominator, or murdered while still stunned by rogues, but dont complain. This is the way of mmo's really.

I have gamed mmo's for almost 15 years now, witch seems like youre entire age tbh. This game had potential, but seems like they have dropped the ball. This fumble was warned/cried about on the test server for a long time before it went live, but nothing was done.
    I usually hate when ppl say "if this/that/me isnt nerfed/buffed im gonna quit this game", but this is getting rather lame at this point.
    I will quit this game. Not now, but when StarWars comes out i will try that game. Im a part of a gaming community that have been active in all mmo's since AO. We still are active in alot of games, and really had high hopes for RIFT. Most of the "oldtimers" are already gone, waiting for SW.

Mages are currently around 200 dps short on single target and are competative in aoe.

Is that realy worth throwing your toys out of the pushchair?

This is a MMO, the balance is never going to be perfect.
    Last edited by Arcanas; 06-30-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

lgw

You know what's worse ?

As raidlead, as long as I don't have Clerics coming out of my ears, Clerics won't go full DPS (complete one-button spec).
    They'll instead get a very complicated two-button spec, where they ain't go 11 Inq with their 3rd, but go Justi and push out amazing raid-AOE-healing to counter some of these silly AOE spikes, while still trivially meating any requirements for DPS check encounters. Now let's talk about those Flourish nerfs...

By all means, i know all about mmo balance. I totally understand that balance will never be perfect. Problem is when the balance is so far off as it is now. With a "perfect" and kinda complicated rotation ele/sc might be "200" lower (and that is with GOOD geared mage) compared to a warrior. That warrior mostly just have to press a max 3 button's, and just think about positioning.
    And when there are absolutly no feedback from the devs about this, its getting on the brink of damn bad community support. They could atleast say: "we are thinking about other ways to get mages up to a higher dmg output", or "no, u have to suck it up, you are where you should be, now shut up you puny mage". As it is now, i use my avaliable playing time to gear up my Cleric alt, instead of keep gearing up my mage. My Cleric are soon raid ready as a hybrid, and are already ready as a pure healer. This is to keep helping my guild in raids. As it looks now my mage will be standing with 1100sp until SW comes out.
    Last edited by Highrider; 06-30-2011 at 02:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast