+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Training your spells - we need a "train all" button

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default Training your spells - we need a "train all" button

    Could you pls add a button to train all spells that has an upgrade pls !

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Nibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    191

    Default

    go one step further and just remove ranks period.


    train it once and it grows with you as you gain levels

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    go one step further and just remove ranks period.


    train it once and it grows with you as you gain levels
    Even though I have only lvled a cleric I agree with this. I may lvl my mage I dunno. The other 2 classes I cannot see playing =(

  4. #4
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Next think you know, will be a dialing wand for your keyboard.

  5. #5
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    go one step further and just remove ranks period.


    train it once and it grows with you as you gain levels
    Agreed. Blizzard got it right when they got rid of the stupid "pay to upgrade abilities" system. It makes no sense as you should be getting stronger as you level up. How does the process of trainers magically upgrading your abilities even work?

  6. #6
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    i would rather a one-button click for crafting...

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    I suggested this in Beta... 'Spells to have a single rank', changing roles every time you want to level your spells is abit weird. They would have to replace the platinum sink to somewhere else tho.

    However with the rate of leveling and just playing at max level, it no longer is an issue after that.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    I suggested this in Beta... 'Spells to have a single rank', changing roles every time you want to level your spells is abit weird. They would have to replace the platinum sink to somewhere else tho.
    However with the rate of leveling and just playing at max level, it no longer is an issue after that.
    they found that... mount collecting, guild banks, etc

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    This is just a change for the perpetually lazy. So I'm in full agreement.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple katebot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    add an "accept all mail attachments" button too while you're at it please
    When you're an adult, or at least over 21 in the states, you can walk into a store and as long as you have about $10, pick up what I like to call "video game fun enhancement serum" also known as "tomorrow I'm going to throw up in bed but holy **** I finally beat that boss last night. I think. **** I don't remember" occasionally also known as "I think I deleted my Oblivion save game." -Homebrew

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I support this. Training is really annoying.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Could you pls add a button to train all spells that has an upgrade pls !
    Honestly, this kind of bs sense of entitlement is stupid. If you can't click your mouse 1 button quickly, then you fail. Who cares if you don't have a "train all" button?

    The more valid q_q is scaling the abiilties. I still don't care about the fact that I have to spend money to upgrade my skills because I make enough money doing dailies. Honestly, just play the game and q_q less about this trivial crap. Its this kind of stuff that ruined parts of WoW for me.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Honestly, this kind of bs sense of entitlement is stupid. If you can't click your mouse 1 button quickly, then you fail. Who cares if you don't have a "train all" button?

    The more valid q_q is scaling the abiilties. I still don't care about the fact that I have to spend money to upgrade my skills because I make enough money doing dailies. Honestly, just play the game and q_q less about this trivial crap. Its this kind of stuff that ruined parts of WoW for me.
    Unranking of WoW ruined the game for you? When people were abusing the mechanics in ways Blizzard did not think of nor want?

    WoW did get easier etc, but not because of some common sense changes...

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I can see the point the original poster is making. The way it is now, training seems like an unnecessary step. I have never been in a situation where I could not afford to train every skill. I have never been forced to pick and choose what I want to train.

    However, I would hate to see training deemphasized. I would like to see this concept expanded upon. Make it possible to train as much as you want for a skill. As you advance in your training, the expense increases as well as the chance of failure. If you attempt to train past your level, then the expense and chance of failure should go up dramatically. If you want to train well past your level it should really cost you.

    In addition, I think special weapons and devices should require special training to get the full benefit. If you are of a low level, and you come across a high level weapon, it should be difficult and expensive to master.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    How does the process of trainers magically upgrading your abilities even work?
    Magic.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts