+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Much Needed Changes - All classes.

Default Much Needed Changes - All classes.

First off let me say the game is looking better then it was, its a lot of hard work, but i feel that the class issues will not change until they are "reworked" completely.

This being said, I feel the primary issue that needs to be started upon is that the Requirements for the "end talents" need to go from 51 points, to being something like 38 or even 36. This is primarily to give the VIABLILITY of adding point into the 3rd tree that is bare, if not ever used. Other wise DELETE THE DAM 3rd soul per spec. Utterly useless, and a mass of stupidity.

Mage Changes.

Chlor Aoe healing needs a beef Again.
    the new direct heal spell, need to be changed from 2.5 sec cast, to 1.5, and reduced slighly in healing points.
    Change Spores to a DOT/HOT instant cast - Make it castable on allies, to heal or damage when on enemies (8 second cd)
    make Withering vines instant cast Make it castable on allies, to heal or damage when on enemies
    (no cd)

Warlock is not viable for raids (as a primary)
    The talent that refreshes lifeleech should refresh ALL DOTS by the mage.
    the 51 talent ability for warlock, is useless (or near to) change it to a passive Damage increase per point, and give the loc's another dot. Tihs is so the mage's dps is more stable.
    After this you will probly need to nerf dots alittle.

Pyro
    needs a dot, change flamebolt to dots (its a waste of dps to cast flamebolt).

Archon
    Fix the spells in this tree, to be more fluid. (mostly by removing the CDs).
    Make lava field heal for the dmg done over 5 seconds) And slightly increase its damage (20%)
    Make the healing and dmg buffs effect all spells (not just archon spells)
    beef the duration of archon buffs to 10m

Stormcaller
    Change lightning storm (channeled) to cast time (2.5sec) to slightly increase aoe dmg

Rogues
    To much freaking burst they can 2 shot mages, they need to have their (burst) back stabbed nerfed, and their substain damage increased.

Warriors

Riftblade (range spec) needs to be beefed so range warriors are viable. I recommend you add a new range weapon type (spear) and give them some new spells, and make it so they can spear better.
    change the mechs of the spears so 1 does aoe dmg and play with it.
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/69145/Israafil.jpg

Soulwalker

Default Archon

I can't speak for many of the other soul trees out there but I agree with archon changes. They are not very in line with bard casting. The CD's do need to be removed (especially lava field). I actually think lava field needs reworked from an AoE to just a single target that give something like 5% healing bonus for 15 seconds on a 15 sec CD. This would bring in a good healing buff since all dps get a 5% increase in dmg allready. All the CD's should be more in line with the duration of the buff that they bring. I honestly don't care for any AoE as it is really not that crucial to the archon soul. We allready do 0 AoE since Lava Field is on a huge CD of 1 min 30 sec.

I do wish they would look at Riftblade and make them more ranged again

Quote Originally Posted by Shalhemforesh View Post
    I can't speak for many of the other soul trees out there but I agree with archon changes. They are not very in line with bard casting. The CD's do need to be removed (especially lava field). I actually think lava field needs reworked from an AoE to just a single target that give something like 5% healing bonus for 15 seconds on a 15 sec CD. This would bring in a good healing buff since all dps get a 5% increase in dmg allready. All the CD's should be more in line with the duration of the buff that they bring. I honestly don't care for any AoE as it is really not that crucial to the archon soul. We allready do 0 AoE since Lava Field is on a huge CD of 1 min 30 sec.
    Lava field is a fire and forget AoE. That makes it infinitely more useful than a regular AoE because you can STACK it with others.

Rift Master

I don't agree with the 36 point end point for the souls, however the 51 point abilities should be the best skill the soul offers that ensures that the soul is the best of that soul type.

Like 31 point feels like a necromatic Lich, and 51 points feels like a necromatic Arch Lich.

Splashing into 3 trees is viable some of the time, but is more viable than heading into 51 points at the moment, which is sad.

Your view of reducing the max points only comes about because the skills are stacked heavily together towards the 31 point mark.

Core skills should exist at 16 points, 31 points and at 51 points. This is the problem we have with the trees at the moment, they are all created very differently and some skills were created without thinking about the effects of hybridising or even dependance, which has been corrected now.

Also the design of the trees did not encompass the 51 point souls correctly, having hybrids much more powerful, but it seems there wasnt much time for a full redesign and it was deemed better to have progressive talents at 36 points added as such in the cleric trees.

And theres the problem of where to put skills... Warriors and rogues have bottom heavy on utility skills, and clerics cannot have utility at the bottom as they have self sustaining heals, so they are top heavy with utility skills to restrict mobility and overpoweredness of enabling them to gain a strong repertoire of movement/self buffs and defensives as well as self heals.

I have no idea how they will go about fixing these issues, but I'm sure it will take a while.

Sez

Biased thread is full of opinions.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

Using psychic powers I have determined this guy plays a mage and has a warrior alt.

Much needed changes - all classes, rogues need a nerf

type about making mages better...
    discuss how rogues are OP...
    Oh yea, I forgot to add something about another class that will be useful, so I'll throw some garbage in about warriors
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 06-29-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Prophet of Telara

You forgot to QQ about Clerics!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Izrahfil View Post
    First off let me say the game is looking better then it was, its a lot of hard work, but i feel that the class issues will not change until they are "reworked" completely.

This being said, I feel the primary issue that needs to be started upon is that the Requirements for the "end talents" need to go from 51 points, to being something like 38 or even 36. This is primarily to give the VIABLILITY of adding point into the 3rd tree that is bare, if not ever used. Other wise DELETE THE DAM 3rd soul per spec. Utterly useless, and a mass of stupidity.

Mage Changes.

the new direct heal spell, need to be changed from 2.5 sec cast, to 1.5, and reduced slighly in healing points.
    Change Spores to a DOT/HOT instant cast - Make it castable on allies, to heal or damage when on enemies (8 second cd)
    make Withering vines instant cast Make it castable on allies, to heal or damage when on enemies
    (no cd)

the 51 talent ability for warlock, is useless (or near to) change it to a passive Damage increase per point, and give the loc's another dot. Tihs is so the mage's dps is more stable.

Pyro

Archon
    Make lava field heal for the dmg done over 5 seconds) And slightly increase its damage (20%)

Stormcaller
    Change lightning storm (channeled) to cast time (2.5sec) to slightly increase aoe dmg

Rogues
    To much freaking burst they can 2 shot mages, they need to have their (burst) back stabbed nerfed, and their substain damage increased.

Warriors

Riftblade (range spec) needs to be beefed so range warriors are viable. I recommend you add a new range weapon type (spear) and give them some new spells, and make it so they can spear better.
    Chloro AoE healing is fine. My chloro is an alt and I know this, how is Mage your main haha?
    Candy

Riftblade is not a ranged spec. It's a melee spec with some ranged abilities.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    I do wish they would look at Riftblade and make them more ranged again
    Yeah, I would like Riftblade to be more viable at range as well as improved dps overall.

Cleric

Inquisitor

Remove the 10 second cd on L&D, adjust proc rate, add another dot. Bring dps in line with pet classes.

Cabalist

Buff single target damage, bring dps in line with pet classes.

Rift Disciple

Rogues

Riftstalker
    By specing in to the Riftstalker soul, rogues sacrafice quite a bit of dmg output. I see no reason to further penalize the rogue by reducing dmg by 30% while in Guardian Phase. The prerequisite of Phase Shift for the 10s worth of 15% increased dmg should be reevaluated as well. Defer Death (38) is useless 99.9% of the time and Scatter the Shadows (51) should get a 10 sec timer instead of 3.

Survivability in PvP needs to be increased.

Assassin
    For the most part, 51 Sin is where it needs to be in PvP. The changes to Backstab and Seperents Strike are what was needed for the class. If you have a problem living through it... Equip some Valor gear and get more than 4k hps (which is easily accomplished if you dont go max dmg).

Ranger
    Terrible soul in PvP and there is no synergy with the pet. On top of that, pet dmg is terrible even with the 51pt ability up.

Marksman
    Improved Hit and Run is borderline OP for burst; however, the soul offers little else once its on cooldown.

Nightblade
    Twilight Force and Dusk Strike should have their Damge Bonus from Attack Power increased from 50% to 100% similar to changes mde to Assassin in 1.2. Fire Chains and Weapon Flare should build combo point to the target.

Bladedancer
    The soul is terribly designed. Having all of the defensive and offensive abilities share a single cooldown simply doesn't work and take any fun out of the class which means most only spec 13-21 pts. Dancing Steel is broken and seldom grants immunity as stated in the description.

BDer as a primary spec only becomes viable if you were to take every single Offensive Rythmic ability off a shared exhaustion timer and simply made it so that 2 abilities couldn't be up at the same time. Leave the cooldowns but remove the exhaustion timer... simple fix.
    Last edited by Nfrad; 06-29-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

Ok really getting feed up with this now ppl creating threads about classes

Ok lisern you have no right to make views on this. but if you do make views on this you really should announce your progress in RIFT, your dps your hps or your tps

This is because your view will get liserned to also if you have achieved end game content you proberly do know your stuff or if your achieving top dps/hps or tps your getting the most out of your class and you can see where new stuff needs implementing or needs nerfing

basically what im trying to say give your credentials before you post a view or at least make a sig with it in

Quote Originally Posted by Izrahfil View Post

Mage Changes.

(no cd)

Pyro

Archon

Stormcaller

Rogues

Warriors

You obvously play a mage... soo i guess if trion were to take into consideration what you want "done" about your class... It would be the most OP class in the game? Ohh wait... it already is..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast