+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question nobody else has asked (that i have seen)

Default A question nobody else has asked (that i have seen)

IF we can bind 3 souls, and if my understanding of the system is accurate you only choose your archetype on creation and then bind 3 souls which give your abilities ( as you gain them)

when you do whatever serves as a /who how will it display classes since nobody is really one class?

will it display whichever class you have the most points in, or will combinations create new class titles?

my understanding could be off on the system though...

It will most likely show the calling and not our combination of classes which would be pointless since we can change it quite often.

that would be kinda boring wouldnt it? equal parts "cleric" fighter" "rogue" "mage"

not really alot of flavor or flare there is there?

Telaran

I could imagine it (/who) showing something like:

Pyromancer 75% Warlock 25% Elementalist 0%

Just "Mage" would be pointless imo and I also noticed Scott saying in the Curse interview he was 75% Paladin 25% Beastmaster.

a percentage title system seems a little clunky i mean would you really wanna type " 40% inquisitor, 30% purifier, 30% (other priest type) LFG" day after day?

Well, the community has already been naming most of the hybrid classes, so I imagine that when LFG you can just call yourself the community given name or if close to it, just say what you're similar as. (i.e. Beastmaster, Pyromancer, Paladin)

As for the /who I imagine it to be the percentage system.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Spiteful View Post
    a percentage title system seems a little clunky i mean would you really wanna type " 40% inquisitor, 30% purifier, 30% (other priest type) LFG" day after day?
    Probably something like "Pyro/War lfg". In that situation role is more important than exact percentages.

on the /who page, every1's class is the Archetype, upon clicking an individual , you can see the souls he chose (eg. Pyromancer/Warlock/Elementalist)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

I dont get why it would be plain to just say Warrior.

If u say lvl 40 Pal lfg.. ( if 1 group need an off tank.. they gonna ask u to switch to offtank mode ... ) they dont care your 12% beast. 9 % reaver. 33 % champ.... They want an off tank.. its ur role to fit the best off tank u can with what u know so far.. and voila!

/w all warrior is fine.. because u can switch all the time.. so u adjust to what you need anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

/who showing levels and callings isn't really that much of a problem IMO. I think instead of individual players saying what they are currently. It puts it more in the hands of the group that is forming and what they want. Since there are so many combination's, and because it is fairly easy to switch things around. Group composition can be quite fun while still keeping the basic roles covered.

I think, personally - your title would be whatever your main calling is - and then you would have the option to change it to what you feel best suits you.

So - if your main calling is Paladin - and then you gather another soul - and then you split the points evenly - it would still show you as a paladin - but - you would then have the option of switching your calling from paladin to champion.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

If you've played enough MMOs after a while LFG turns into types... range dps, melee dps, cc, tank, and healer... everything else is irrelevant, they're looking for a role, not a specific spec. if they want a specific spec they won't worry about quick abreviations, they'll talk to you or request said spec.

as for what shows up with who, callings is enough, if you desperately want to know specifics... ask them, inspect them, or look up their armory, as I'm sure Trion will develop a player database.
    Don't try to save yourself, the circle is complete.

Perhaps it would simply display the class you have more points in.

Soulwalker

I guess it won't matter how many percent of which class you have skilled. In normal groups youl will just look for a Tank / Healer ... whatever soul he/she skilled. When it comes down to raiding I think pure souls will be prefered.
    But we'll what the difference is when the game is released.

ok I misunderstood something so withdrew my comment after rereading the post again.
    Last edited by Sylvrin; 08-16-2010 at 02:22 AM.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

+ Reply to Thread