+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3 DPS changes?

Default 1.3 DPS changes?

So, I haven't played since patch 1.1

I was wondering which class is the superior class to chose for high DPS so I know which of my 4 characters to play.

Thanks!
    -- Will insert at a later date --

Sez

I do not support the idea of FoTM. You should just play what you've been playing.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I have 4 characters at 45. I want to know who to get to 50 so I can start successfully raiding

Rogues. Warriors are close, but rogues. Rogues have better aoe and ranged options, too.

A min/max raid would fill up every dps spot with a rogue as things presently stand.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    A min/max raid would fill up every dps spot with a rogue as things presently stand.
    I completely disagree.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Sword of Telara

sab/bd's are doing amazing dps
    Theres a new mage build thats domi/necro that has been doing really strong dps, scaling well in raids
    Warrior dps is right about where it was pre-1.3, which is very good, however there are more options
    Druids are putting up good boss numbers, and inq's are putting up decent trash numbers

I've been in raids that have had a top dps'er of each class. On that same note, I ran a t2 with a mage holding a relic staff that couldnt break 650 dps.

So, listen to sez, and play what you like. They're all competitive at this point.

Thanks a bunch. I'll probably go mage then since I enjoy that playstyle more

The necro/dom build is limited to single target fights and the pets have wonky AI. It is also probably not working as intended and may be the subject of a hotfix.

Do not go mage right now. The class has real problems. Rogues are cleaning up the meters on basically any fight right now.

Would I be able to compete at all with a cleric?

Clerics are meh.

It's all warriors and rogues at the top of the meters, assuming equal skill and gear. Rogues get the nod because of better ranged and aoe options, but truthfully warrior dps is very competitive in any kind of fight that is reasonably melee friendly.

The necro/dom build is great for some expert boss fights, but only because it packs massive burst damage. While the burst cd's are off, your dps drops below pyro/ele and sc/ele. For raiding, it's very limiited in it's usefulness. Your best bet as a mage remains to play either sc/ele or necro/lock and accept that you're about 15% DPS behind everyone else. That or reroll.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread