+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on 1.3

Rift Disciple

Default Thoughts on 1.3

I stopped playing bout a month ago (not enough time in my day), and was wondering if someone could give me a quick, player perspective on what 1.3 to the table. I'm not asking for a patch note description, or an essay on each class, just a little info on how the various classes play

Thanks in advance

Rift Disciple

I also apologize for bad grammar and left out words. Damn 5 min timer

things are looking closer to balance. honestly from the point it was in it looks perfect now. but thats just from a comparasion there are still buggs exploits and junk floating around with a multitude of balancing but thats with every game. I actually look forward to PvP now and find myself logging in on days other than my raid nights.
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

The stuff to do is the same for 95% of the people. Expert dungeons, daily quests (some new ones), solo-queue PvP. People have gotten the message on raid and expert rifts and do more of those now, but they're the same ones. The bigger changes affect minorities (hardcore raiders, PvP groups). A few classes have new "best" builds but they're mostly just variations on the same themes they were using before. People complain about every class, so I guess that's balance?

Plane Touched

People who suck still suck, people who were good are now better. Some people complain that their classes got nerfed, others believe those classes got buffed. Balance is more achievable.

I like it.

I wish they kept a method to get Crafting Plaques though.

I don't PvP, so I can't comment on that aspect of the patch, but from a purely PvE point of view, I think it's a good one.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Plane Touched

TBH

PVE is more grind then on startday.
    Require more raid rift for nonreason

PVP: Is a joke.. More better then start but still need alot of work

Suggest wait alittle

Ps you will not have fun in pvp rank1 vs most rank6

Ascendant

In 1.3:

Warriors are back to killing clothies in the duration of one stun.

Melee clerics are still ridiculously underpowered.

Marksman are almost on par with pre-nerf pyros for burst output.

Healers are still godlike 1 vs 1 even with heal debuffs, and certain builds are godlike solo vs small group.

All of the DR related bugs introduced in 1.2, more specifically, the ones that broke almost all of Riftblade's aoe capability when a target is immune to cc, are still there.

Overall, while some people may be happy with 1.3, I'm tired of the seesaw ride to be honest.

Ascendant

Mages got nerfed in the face. The other callings are in a good place. Tank Clerics got buffed.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Clerics are still staying healing themselves to full with instant casts while they have a healing debuff on them and are getting focus fired.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    Clerics are still staying healing themselves to full with instant casts while they have a healing debuff on them and are getting focus fired.
    Video please, evidence of crap DPS playing or actual cleric Godliness is required.

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    Video please, evidence of crap DPS playing or actual cleric Godliness is required.
    I don't record footage of the game but that's what constantly happens to me. I have to get lucky with off gcd crits to burst a cleric down before they heal to full. I'm sure my dps isn't bad, especially with off gcd abilities up.

Rift Disciple

Default Big Fan

Its been buggy as heck, but shows serious promise into what they might be doing in PVP... specifically, OPVP, With the new PVE/PVP quests, people are attacking each other more and its a blast.

I can't wait to see what more is in store..

So for me, 1.3 is a stepping stone to what Rift probably will be soon... Daoc RVR, keeps, etc... I think its comin!

I like it From a PvE perspective it only took me like 2-3 hours to casually level up to 49, and the new Aussie shard is comfortable, and no RP'ers in my server the last i've seen (Leathys REPRESENT )

Can't wait for the first major patch!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread