+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger ability - Taming

Default Ranger ability - Taming

Coulda sworn there was a suggestions thread unless it got removed or i missed it but here it goes. Taming for rangers. It would give us a wide variety of pets to chose from. Each with there own unique abilities. Some pets for tanking some for dps instead of just having the 3 to pick from. I was a little disappointed when i put all these points into ranger to get to the top to have the raptor and it was a dps pet....was hoping it would be a tank or a combo of tank/dps since it is at the very top of the tree.

Telaran

You're not in Azeroth anymore.

yeah I know...I'm missing my hunter badly...lol

The last thing this game needs is to be more like WoW. Unless we're talking about flying mounts. *ducks*

Soulwalker

WOW be damned...

It would be awesome to have personalized pets in a number of ways. Even if it was just cosmetic. Maybe each tamable/trapable pet type just does the same thing as a summonable pet but it'd be nice to have and see more variation. I think pets should be dyable with fairly natural colors (brown, grey, black, maybe dark red, etc...).

I have a Cler with a Satyr and I think there should be a few types of trapable/tamable humanoid type mobs for them too.

Variety is good whether it's "like Wow" or not. WOW didn't have EVERYTHING wrong...

Rift Disciple

I wish we could at least have a stealth pet. I always loved being stealthed alongisde my pet back in World of Warcraft.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Rift Disciple

i wouldnt mind this, would have to use somewhat similar creatures though, and theres very little to pick from beast wise.

from the top of my head rift has: wolves/worgs, rams, crocodiles, boars, cats, birds, bats, raptors, and hounds

thats not a lot to choose from, bats and birds wont match any category, crocs.. maybe go with the raptor, rams with boars, hounds with wolves, cat with either wolf / raptor

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alabuck64 View Post
    I was a little disappointed when i put all these points into ranger to get to the top to have the raptor and it was a dps pet....was hoping it would be a tank or a combo of tank/dps since it is at the very top of the tree.
    Why did you hope it was a tank pet? You already have a tank pet, the pig, the wolf is sort of a debuff pet (but no real role imho). Having a pure DPS pet is exactly what you were lacking in the rest of the tree.

+ Reply to Thread