+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which classes have not been nerfed (yet)??

Rift Disciple

Default Which classes have not been nerfed (yet)??

I really really really enjoy playing tank/melee toons, ever since I got hooked on Diablo. I just enjoy it a lot, and know exactly how it should work in every MMO. So much fun tht I don't even bother rolling alts.

So I was having a hell of a hard time playing my warrior in Rift, which was pretty odd. After several different soul combinations on many different toons on different servers, I gave up on the warrior. I finally learnt in this nice forum that said class was nerfed into oblivion recently. Shame!!! No wonder why I was dying so much, even getting killed my lower level mobs eventually.

So I'm now playing a mage on Wolfsbane (my original warrior was on this server too). I'm enjoying it so far (level 12). It sure is a lot easier to play than the warrior.

I wonder if mages will get nerfed too, or should I find another class to play that won't be nerfed??

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rrajao View Post
    I wonder if mages will get nerfed too
    they just did in the recent patch

I really really really enjoy playing tank/melee toons, ever since I got hooked on Diablo. I just enjoy it a lot, and know exactly how it should work in every MMO. So much fun tht I don't even bother rolling alts.

So I was having a hell of a hard time playing my warrior in Rift, which was pretty odd. After several different soul combinations on many different toons on different servers, I gave up on the warrior. I finally learnt in this nice forum that said class was nerfed into oblivion recently. Shame!!! No wonder why I was dying so much, even getting killed my lower level mobs eventually.

So I'm now playing a mage on Wolfsbane (my original warrior was on this server too). I'm enjoying it so far (level 12). It sure is a lot easier to play than the warrior.

I wonder if mages will get nerfed too, or should I find another class to play that won't be nerfed??
    Assassins have never once been nerfed either no changes or buffs.

Rift Disciple

So basically, you're a FotM player.

Warriors are still great, try leveling in riftblade/reaver. My 1st war I gave up on because I didn't totally understand how the game worked and went champion. I was getting owned any time I had more than one mob, but that's not the case anymore.

Try riftblad/reaver and see how you like it.
    Some Will Seek Forgiveness Others Escape

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    And that makes me sad.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Patch 1.2 would like a word with you (seriously, backstab, AP scaling, there were tons of assassin changes).

@OP: Don't confuse poor soul selection or being new to the class with it being underpowered, or confuse nerfing with balancing. Warriors are doing just fine in every area, and anyone who tells you differently is trolling. "Nerfed into oblivion" is a nice way of saying "fixed SLI to not be (as) ******ed" which had a minimal effect on anyone with half a brain. New specs were built almost instantly and good players are fine - don't listen to the whiners.

If you're specifically referring to warrior leveling (like, before level 40 or so), warriors have always been somewhat difficult to level in the traditional fashion. If you want to plow through mobs at lower levels and not die if you pull more than 2, you need a shield. Pure DPS specs will die, often, and they have since beta.

Prophet of Telara

Warriors were never nerfed into the ground. They had a few overpowered things toned down in 1.1, then other classes were buffed around them. Now warriors are buffed again. Stop listening to reactionary idiots :-P

Rift Disciple

I play 2 mages, Elemental and a Necro/lock and nerfs or no, they both are still good and fun to play, my ranger seems to be just as good as ever too. I don't think that many souls have been nerfed to the point of unplayable.

I wonder if mages will get nerfed too
    Yeah, hopefully in the next patch they will.
    Some people still dare to play mages (we can never get rid of such bad people). A furter nerf should work fine.

P.S.
    If you like PVP try a godwarden
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 06-28-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Telaran

I leveled up as rift blade, with reaver on the side. Works fine.

Poisons and Serrated Blades use to be able to crit and Serrated Blades damage was over doubled until they nerfed it. Wanna stop lying?
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Rift Disciple

Why classes get nerfs:
    Lesson one

Things scale different with gear. Things that are balanced with fresh 50 gear, get a bit messed up with t1/t2 stuff, with full raid gear some abilities really pull ahead on others by a very big margin (LF,FL for single target anyone? ) and with a whole new tier of gear changes are always needed ... they are usually seen as nerfs because developers take the things that have scaled out of control and tune them to be in par when using the new gear.

That always rises unbalance in lower tier of gear (because things used to be balanced around them and now they are not) but it is a tradeoff that must be done to ensure that classes are represented equally in end game content ... and for people that are just wondering 5 man dungeons aren't end game content. Neither is getting from 1 to 50 obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov View Post
    Why classes get nerfs:
    Lesson one

Things scale different with gear. Things that are balanced with fresh 50 gear, get a bit messed up with t1/t2 stuff, with full raid gear some abilities really pull ahead on others by a very big margin (LF,FL for single target anyone? ) and with a whole new tier of gear changes are always needed ... they are usually seen as nerfs because developers take the things that have scaled out of control and tune them to be in par when using the new gear.

That always rises unbalance in lower tier of gear (because things used to be balanced around them and now they are not) but it is a tradeoff that must be done to ensure that classes are represented equally in end game content ... and for people that are just wondering 5 man dungeons aren't end game content. Neither is getting from 1 to 50 obviously...
    How to forum:

Lesson one

Make posts that are in some way related to the thread topic, and not just something you pulled out of your *** that doesn't contribute to the discussion in any way.

rogues and clerics

no reason to roll anything else

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast