+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shapeshifters

Rift Master

Default Shapeshifters

Anyone interested in them implementing shapeshifting?

I can see mage tanks available and Ranged Warriors and maybe Warrior support classes available for such beings.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post

I can see mage tanks available and Ranged Warriors and maybe Warrior support classes available for such beings.

I think you watch too much "supernatural" ....

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    I think you watch too much "supernatural" ....
    oi, i like that program XD

Just wondering if people are still interested in the idea for future expansions

Why would a mage want to shapeshift in order to tank? Can he not just enchant his robes? His body? Create some protective shields? Maybe imbue himself with supernatural swiftness and agility? There is no need to assume a lesser form to do the job. It's magic, son. I'd rather have something similiar to eq2 warlock. A traditional mage with some defensive buffs, and maybe some defensive spells that would grant a shield visual. I mean, a real shield, animated and attached to your hand like that of a warrior, not the crapastic 'shield on the back' visual effect that rogue tanks now have.

From a gameplay perspective, any shapeshifted form is likely to look worse then the regular character model and not support item visuals, why would I want that?
    Last edited by Halman; 06-24-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Why would a mage want to shapeshift in order to tank? Can he not just enchant his robes? His body? Create some protective shields? Maybe imbue himself with supernatural swiftness and agility? There is no need to assume a lesser form to do the job. It's magic, son.

From a gameplay perspective, any shapeshifted form is likely to look worse then the regular character model and not support item visuals, why would I want that?
    fair enough, although I like shapshifters when done well. And in all other games I have played the squishy classes have to change form somehow to enable tank mode. I guess I'm just used to it, it also differentiates the caster from the tanker.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Anyone interested in them implementing shapeshifting? Whats everyones thoughts?
    Interested in seeing how many shapeshifting threads are posted in the next couple years.

Thoughts...

The really lackluster druid is a significant reason why I don't play a cleric. Shapeshifting and/or better pets would help.
    Technically, necros can already shapeshift into a lich.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Interested in seeing how many shapeshifting threads are posted in the next couple years.

Thoughts...

The really lackluster druid is a significant reason why I don't play a cleric. Shapeshifting and/or better pets would help.
    Technically, necros can already shapeshift into a lich.
    Yes I agree about the druid, even though I do play it. I feel if shapeshifting is implemented I would like it to synergise well with druid (if it exists in the cleric calling).

Necromancers and Dominators have a temporary shift, I think its pretty fun and would like to see more :P

Only if it's Racial so all elfs must turn into Unicorns.

Sov

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Only if it's Racial so all elfs must turn into Unicorns.
    Chaaaaaaaaaarliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee!!

It's a magical leoplorodon Charlie!
    'This disease you call "Hope" is eating you alive'

Ascendant

I'd be down

As long as you can't shapeshift into a travel form instantly and regain infinite mana while kiting someone around for 45 minutes with roots and cyclones. While healing yourself instantly.

God I miss arena
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 06-24-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Chaaaaaaaaaarliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee!!

It's a magical leoplorodon Charlie!
    Waking up from a unicorn shift you notice that YOU LOST YOUR KIDNEYS!

What about a Geomancer for the mage tank.

Soulwalker

I completely agree with the WANT (not need) of shapeshifting. Whether Wow of DCUO I loved it. But instead of adding a SS soul to every class, why not just add a new class? Give the clerics a run for their money by adding a class that can do it all.

Rift Master

I was just thinking the same thing the other day, except in the context of a new calling rather than plugging into an existing one. I miss my WoW druid sometimes

Rift Master

Hmm a new calling, that is a good idea... I was thinking along the lines of each calling slowly being able to do everything at some point.

I guess making a new calling would bring about new freshness, but im sure poor warriors will still be unhappy.

A shifting calling sounds like it would be radical and inventive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast