+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healer, Mage vs Cleric?

Soulwalker

Default Healer, Mage vs Cleric?

Ok i wana endgame heal for 20 man Raids and do PvP healing and small 5 man instances, so for all that would a Mage or a Cleric be better off in the long term scale of Healing?

Mage : 1 healing soul, 2 support souls that are good backups. can heal through dps. Reported slight struggles at low level, but they fix up nicely in endgame.

Cleric : 3 healing souls, 1 good healing support soul (Justicar). Can switch between wards, hots, and aoe heals with the 3 souls. Reportedly easier at low level (just from forums, not sure myself. mage and cleric are both 30...)

Really up to you. If you want more freedom to spec, go Cleric. If you like having a good pet/utility/making people into squirrels, go mage.

I'm levelling 1 of each... but I kinda like the mage more.

If you know you want to heal, you should probably be a Cleric. No matter what they buff and nerf, Cleric heallers will always be needed.

I have both at 50. I love the Mage Chloro. I'm still trying to figure it out again because the spec was radically altered for 1.3. It's very different from playing healers in most games because you're about 80% focused on the enemy as opposed to mostly watching bars.

Clerics are really strong healers. You pretty much have all the tools.

Soulwalker

Alright thanx il prob just stick with my cleric for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidorous View Post
    Alright thanx il prob just stick with my cleric for now.
    I have a lvl 45 Cleric right now and if you want to heal, Cleric is the way.

They have 3 souls specifically for healing and an off healer in Justicar.

Anyway, I find a ton of diversity with healing Clerics with the three souls. You can really mix and match to meet any situation. One for PvE, PvP, Raid, etc. etc.

I also have a Chloro Mage right now that I find interesting and excels at certain things.

But for pure healing, Cleric all the way.

+ Reply to Thread