+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble choosing a class

Soulwalker

Default Having trouble choosing a class

Im new to the game and having a problem getting started

So i like playing melee classes. I started off with a warrior and got him to level 20, however i found that soloability on warriors was extremely lacking, on many occasions i have died from pulling one or two extra mobs. My spec was Champ/rift/beast

So i then found out that clerics are nearly invincible when it comes to soloing and leveling, i made a shaman/druid/just, loved the ability to solo, got him to level 23, but they seem so weak. at level 23 my attacks are just starting to hit for the damage my warrior was at level 15ish.

Does warrior survivability ever get any better? Do clerics eventually start killing things faster?

and are rogues any better off than these classes in killing speed + survivability?

im suspecting they kill things faster but can they handle more than 2 mobs at a time without having to use pots, burn cooldowns and still come out with 25% health?

edit: oh and on a side note, do the end game armor sets/weapons look different on each faction? and if so can anyone send me a link to some photos? I still have not really decided which faction i want to be more and the looks of the armor will probably be a deciding factor for me.
    Last edited by Xaxxus; 06-23-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    The internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents

If a Canoe falls in your backyard, how many pan cakes does it take to make a dog house???
    - some random guy on the WoW forums

Sword of Telara

warriors can have fantastic survivability. edit: in pve

Go riftblade pally, use a 1h and shield. You are most efficient at 1-3 mobs, but you can handle more with breaks in between. You are also fantastic at pvp while leveling, though power tends to peter off @ 50 with this spec.

Go reaver/RB or reaver/Pally for solo grinding aoe. get 2x heal on block greaters, of different levels, they stack.

Clerics dont do as much damage as warriors until you get soul drain + justicar. At that point, I dont think anything can level as well as a cleric, and they're tough to kill as well.

Rogues are great 1 target grinders, great dps, good offheals, good pvp, and great tanks. They are easy to play 'ok' but tough to play really well. High skill ceiling, just above warriors in my opinion. There are, however, 5 million rogues and 6 million clerics in the game.

Most end game gear looks very similar to gear you get from leveling.
    Last edited by Corebot; 06-24-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Soulwalker

So are clerics and rogues really that overpopulated?

How do the shaman/druid type clerics handle end game?

I have never really enjoyed being a tank or caster much, but the insane survivability i've seen so far with my cleric is really nice, makes me want to just stick with him.

this is my main concern about shamans/druids though:
    am i going to be pigeon holed into healing/tanking as a cleric at end game? or is their dps (melee) good enough to have people desiring them for a dps role in raids/pvp etc...?
    The internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents

If a Canoe falls in your backyard, how many pan cakes does it take to make a dog house???
    - some random guy on the WoW forums

+ Reply to Thread