+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 PvP.... Is Sad!

pro

Default 1.3 PvP.... Is Sad!

In warfronts i see all the callings which is good but of course there are alot more of some than others.

Warriors are currently the least by far most warfronts only have 3 at most! There damage is good because i get hit for 800 constantly but they die fairly easily leaving the first couple attacks crucial for them. Because once what ever there fighting starts fighting back its game over. I would love for them to get some mitigation but lower there damage slightly because currently they are the glass cannons of the game!

Clerics lol by far the most played but with dom they are fairly easy to shut down so there is some balance with them.

Mage numbers have decreased by far and the ones i do see normally about 4 or 5 in a warfront except Scion where there is about 5-7 including myself. NO ONE is running pyro anymore which is really sad they really over nerfed it for no reason. i saw a grand total out of at lease 14 Warfronts i saw 1! all the mages that stuck with this calling are Dom and chloro which are going to get boring after awhile.

Rogues a little less than clerics in number from parses they look fine but im not a rogue so i dont know how they feel about changes. All the ones on my shard are just happy they made it out of patch alive.

So basically over all the patch gave everyone a spec(s) that allows them to be successful but clearly some callings are a better choice than others. But over the next few weeks will see what the FoTM is aka the forum QQ.

Trion would you just please hotfix things this time that are unbelievable imbalanced like purges removing class defining buffs! there is no need to wait a month for things like that.
    Last edited by pro; 06-23-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Clerics lol by far the most played but with dom they are fairly easy to shut down so there is some balance with them.
    Actually -anyone- with a mana bar.

12 seconds to drain a full bar ..... 3 minutes of doing nothing to regen it.

Seems balanced in PvP.
    Irony - Pathiss

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post

Seems balanced in PvP.
    i really dont bother draining mana i drain it regen mine tho i just find it easier to interupt/silence casters. But it might be possible with update not sure..

Ascendant

i really dont bother draining mana i drain it regen mine tho i just find it easier to interupt/silence casters. But it might be possible with update not sure..
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Anyways, with the new patch ...it is extremely easy to take full mana bars now -and- they already dismal mana regen in PvP was nerfed due to PvE concerns.
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Disciple

Seems balanced in PvP.
    Umm... I'm SURE I'm missing something as I haven't had an opportunity to get on longer than doing a single daily for black garden last night.

But, I always thought (on my cleric and fledgling mage) that mana regen sssssucked to begin with. However, as long as I've got some drink with me, it's NOTHING to get myself out of combat for the whole 3-4 seconds it takes to fully regen my mana with a single drink.

It's been that way for me on any class since I started, though. I mean sure, there are a few mana regen abilities but they're just in-combat stopgaps. They never really did enough to sustain anyone anyway.

Are you really saying that it takes 3 minutes to get your mana back? I would like to assume drinks still work in WFs... right?

Rift Disciple

In warfronts i see all the callings which is good but of course there are alot more of some than others.

Warriors are currently the least by far most warfronts only have 3 at most! There damage is good because i get hit for 800 constantly but they die fairly easily leaving the first couple attacks crucial for them. Because once what ever there fighting starts fighting back its game over. I would love for them to get some mitigation but lower there damage slightly because currently they are the glass cannons of the game!

Mage numbers have decreased by far and the ones i do see normally about 4 or 5 in a warfront except Scion where there is about 5-7 including myself. NO ONE is running pyro anymore which is really sad they really over nerfed it for no reason. i saw a grand total out of at lease 14 Warfronts i saw 1! all the mages that stuck with this calling are Dom and chloro which are going to get boring after awhile.

Rogues a little less than clerics in number from parses they look fine but im not a rogue so i dont know how they feel about changes. All the ones on my shard are just happy they made it out of patch alive.

So basically over all the patch gave everyone a spec(s) that allows them to be successful but clearly some callings are a better choice than others. But over the next few weeks will see what the FoTM is aka the forum QQ.

Trion would you just please hotfix things this time that are unbelievable imbalanced like purges removing class defining buffs! there is no need to wait a month for things like that.
    Am I further mistaken here: isn't 1.3 really less than 48 hours old on live servers?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    However, as long as I've got some drink with me, it's NOTHING to get myself out of combat for the whole 3-4 seconds it takes to fully regen my mana with a single drink.

It's been that way for me on any class since I started, though. I mean sure, there are a few mana regen abilities but they're just in-combat stopgaps. They never really did enough to sustain anyone anyway.

Are you really saying that it takes 3 minutes to get your mana back? I would like to assume drinks still work in WFs... right?
    What I am saying is that it takes 3 minutes to REGEN mana and 10-12 seconds to drain it.

Drinks still work in WFs ....the difference is you will be breaking combat constantly every time you want to get a couple of heals off when working against a competent Dom (or doms).

I am not saying it isnt viable ...I am just saying that it is making already boring and stagnant PvP and adding in a severe frsutration level. The last thing I want to do is be forced out of action that much more.
    Irony - Pathiss

What I am saying is that it takes 3 minutes to REGEN mana and 10-12 seconds to drain it.

Drinks still work in WFs ....the difference is you will be breaking combat constantly every time you want to get a couple of heals off when working against a competent Dom (or doms).

I am not saying it isnt viable ...I am just saying that it is making already boring and stagnant PvP and adding in a severe frsutration level. The last thing I want to do is be forced out of action that much more.
    Well they gutted our burst (SC and Pyro), neutered Chloro due to PvE clerics crying, so all we really have left is Dom and yet again cleric tears are pouring. Better build an ark to survive the constant crying from Clerics yet somehow they constantly avoid nerfing.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

i think its all right actually amazing now. to tell you the truth. ya pryos fulminate hit me for 1.8k crit yesterday but thats still pretty good for a range crit you know i think its close to being in line maybe more acceptable. mana regen like someone else stated is easily fixed by getting out of combat to drink and if i remember right the things that make them drain so fast someone stated was a CD ability so that seems fair. it reduces healing while keeping it viable in a wf.

personally had no problems with this system
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

just patched 1.3 haven't gotten to pvp yet but lately:

heh warriors certainly seem to be the least played but damn they are annoying. 50% heal debuf, a nice amount of damage, and people freak out and attack them only way they easily die is if they go zerging into the enemy pack and get away from their own healers, but if they keep in range of friendly healing it takes a lot to take em down.

clerics yep, I see a lot of them, too many in fact, too many damn healers not enough damage, and they can't do a damn thing when the other team decides to burst one guy.

mage changes seem craptacular, maybe pyros could have used a little reduction but not as much as they got.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raika25 View Post
    Sawdomite, quit playing mmos. You are obviously a horrible player to QQ as much as you do. The wars in my guild are tearing up pvp so well right now. They were already killing ppl in seconds before but now my good premade buddy kills rogues and clothies in 1-3 gcds easy. I was just sitting back at times and laughing and watching him down people in stillmoor last night. It was so funny as they had no chance against him and I didn't even need to assist him against 2-3 ppl.

You QQ about mages so much. YOU ARE A BAD PLAYER. Spend your spare time away from qq'n and try to learn. I have a rogue and a war too and I love them. I top charts on my mage, I top charts on my war, I top charts on my rogue. My good pvp friends are the same way. Sure there are times where your team is so bad that you can't do that well on the chart no matter what and there are games where you just suck for some unknown reason, but a good player will do well the majority of the time in group based pvp.

Good players play all classes well in group based pvp! Now when fights are 1 on 1 etc. a good player in a worse 1 on 1 class or spec may lose to a player not as skilled, however pvp is about teambased play and not 1 on 1. Even my gutted pyro was destroying people last night as since I was nerfed they finally started focusing the war over me and I was free to destroy them.
    Lol you obviously no clue what your talking about im a p5 mage. Please actually read what i said and if you have something to say dont post it bc idc!

Rift Disciple

Pro...if you are also Sawdomite then wow lol. Sawdomite has constantly qq'd that mages are so great and that melee sucks, while Pro has whined about mages being weak. If so then please get some help for your split personality disorder.

mana regen in pvp?

gosh, yeah i can see that, just like my health gets severely drained by that pesky warrior and it takes like 10 minutes to regen my health...oh garsh, wat's this drink doin in my bags??

srsly, rely on mana regen in pvp? wat am i missing here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Well they gutted our burst (SC and Pyro), neutered Chloro due to PvE clerics crying, so all we really have left is Dom and yet again cleric tears are pouring. Better build an ark to survive the constant crying from Clerics yet somehow they constantly avoid nerfing.
    Why would you nerf the most underpowered calling in the game? Needless to say, we still got nerfed.

Nobody can stop you from DPSing in WFs. Almost everyone can stop you from healing, though. And your LGV is no longer purge-able. All of our buffs still are.

Why are you complaining again? You're playing what is arguably still FOTM and has been since launch. Go play a cleric and then try to make a single argument for why clerics aren't, by far, underpowered at everything they do outside of PvE. Go ahead. You can't, trust me.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mocotriste View Post
    mana regen in pvp?

gosh, yeah i can see that, just like my health gets severely drained by that pesky warrior and it takes like 10 minutes to regen my health...oh garsh, wat's this drink doin in my bags??

srsly, rely on mana regen in pvp? wat am i missing here?
    Not necessarily relying on it, but it was there. If we were low and couldn't get OOC right away and the mana pot is on cd, it especially combined with planar items would either be enough for emergencies heals, especially running away, or emergency cc's

Now it's completely a waste.

If that's good or bad is up for debate but I won't lie that it isnt incredibly annoying, especially when people realize you are oom and don't bother kill you, just aa you enough to keep you IC.
    Personally I'd rather be blown up than drained.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast