+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rift Soul Builder Version 1.0

Default Rift Soul Builder Version 1.0

LotD Rift Soul Builder Version 1.0

We've been hard at work on this, and we'll revise it as time moves on. Please leave any comments here for our team to see. In the future we'll build in more functionality.

I know this would take more time, but this is confusing <3.

Soul Skills should only be 'Lighted' if you have enough points to get that soul skill.

Otherwise make them grayed, I don't know when I can put a point into something =(

Apart from that, very nice even PvP soul's , PvP souls sometimes glitch and you can't add any more points in a skill =(

You can delete points in a Soul Skill, if you click on it after it has reached it's maximum x/x amount

Otherwise Good Luck and I will follow you closely.
    Last edited by Skrallz; 01-07-2011 at 03:12 PM.

great, slick-looking interface. a couple issues:

roots aren't working
    clicking past the maximum resets the point investment to zero (i.e.: if i go 5/5 in a box, then click again, it resets to 0/5)
    boxes become available before they actually should (i.e.: 20 pts invested in justicar)
    no obvious way to reset trees, refund points, or switch out souls
    Alyxandar-- Champion/Warlord/Paladin
    Nastassja- Justicar/Sentinel/Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Altruist View Post
    great, slick-looking interface. a couple issues:

roots aren't working
    clicking past the maximum resets the point investment to zero (i.e.: if i go 5/5 in a box, then click again, it resets to 0/5)
    boxes become available before they actually should (i.e.: 20 pts invested in justicar) This is already listen on the website ^^
    no obvious way to reset trees, refund points, or switch out soulsYou just answered yourself. . . You click past the maximum .
    Re-read what I wrote in bwold.
    Last edited by Skrallz; 01-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Indeed, we don't have the art files from Trion so having greyed out vs active skills in not possible without alpha info- and that's under NDA and ain't happening. For the moment, think of this as a way to check out souls and see what things are in a fancy, colorful fashion with mouseovers.

Exporting builds is around the corner
    Right click point reduction would also be nice

Typically if you can't add points to a skill (like PvP souls), it's because you're already at the max number of points in that tree, ie 21 for PvP souls.

If we had art files (backgrounds and icons), oh how much nicer this would be

Please post other suggestions or issues you discover and we'll try to address them ASAP!
    Gaunsaku
    Elder, Lords of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Skrallz View Post
    I know this would take more time, but this is confusing <3.

Soul Skills should only be 'Lighted' if you have enough points to get that soul skill.

Otherwise make them grayed, I don't know when I can put a point into something =(

Apart from that, very nice even PvP soul's , PvP souls sometimes glitch and you can't add any more points in a skill =(

You can delete points in a Soul Skill, if you click on it after it has reached it's maximum x/x amount

Otherwise Good Luck and I will follow you closely.
    Programing-wise to do the "extra" like lighting and dimming icons adds a lot of code work to be sure. It can be added later but the basic functionality is in place.

I kind of like how they handled the "subtraction" of points, by simply letting the number roll-over if you click one extra. This is because obviously you cannot program for a right-click in PHP or javascript on a web page..

Good job guys. From a php professional.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-07-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Why can you only put 21 points in a PvP soul <3

There is more than 21 points to get to the max, or is it only 21 for your build builder ^^ ?

Otherwise like I said, good luck, have fun.

Skrallz

Why can you only put 21 points in a PvP soul <3
    Theoretical limit based off speculation in this thread - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...7987-PvP-Souls

And it does make sense if Trion wanted to limit users to one top-level ability.
    Last edited by Gaunsaku; 01-07-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Gaunsaku
    Elder, Lords of the Dead

I understand but with 21 points you cant get to one top level abilty

Or can you ?
    Last edited by Skrallz; 01-07-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

I understand but with 21 points you cant get to one top level abilty

Or can you ?
    Yeah you can need 21 pionts to get to any top skill.

i do hope they raise the 21 piont cap the top skills are on long cooldowns from 2 to 5min adding to that what i see for my class i would not even bother with the top skills.

If they really keep the 21 pionts as max i will not even use the pvp soull for pvp seeing i can get better combinations with out the pvp soul. it would jsut be better if they remove the arrows and just make it piont driven so you can pick what you want but that might OP the soul.

might pick up the pvp soul in a month into release when people are max lvl and have pvp gear but dont think its needed.

nice one man , keep it up

Not sure if we can get a mod to sticky this or not, but we have links to it in our guild's public rift forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades-LotD View Post
    LotD Rift Soul Builder Version 1.0

We've been hard at work on this, and we'll revise it as time moves on. Please leave any comments here for our team to see. In the future we'll build in more functionality.
    Bugs:

-No way (that I've found) to reset the points in a tree besides clicking everything off. Please make a 'reset' button!
    -If you have points in a Soul tree and you switch that tree for a new one, the points you had in the original tree stay there and subtract from your total. Please make it so switching out a soul tree returns the points you spent to your total. (EDIT: Seems this only happens when you switch the same soul tree for the current one.. ex: switch Paragon to Paragon. I was trying this as a 'fix' to no reset button)
    Last edited by horsepepsi; 01-08-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Here is a builder I found here on the forums.....
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/

Cen the use of your post ?

The quality of riftrolebuilder is horrible, yeah it may be functional

but I like this builder much more and why you you come to this post and talk about the other builder ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast