+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to rift Wondering what class to pick. PVP ONLY.

Soulwalker

Default New to rift Wondering what class to pick. PVP ONLY.

OK so I've played alot of wow. Several 80s and an 85 mage. I want to give rift a try. I only like to pvp and will level doing pvp if its practical.

So, is there a place I can see finding descriptions. I played lots of different wow characters, and frost mage was my favorite because of the cc, but I really like playing priest too. So can i get a rundown of the different classes and help picking one, for PvP only?

P.S. I don't mind healing, I'm just looking to make an awesome fun toon, that can dominate in pvp.

Soulwalker

Any callng can do good in PVP, its just whether you want to do ranged or melee. I'm a Dps Warrior and I do fairly well my spec is CH/BM/PARA. You should wait until Wednesday when patch 1.3 hits because there will be changes made to most souls.

Mage is easiest/most powerful in pvp for sure, 1.3 is even giving them more pvp viable specs. If you don't mind needing pocket heals and having to go through a harder gear grind, warriors are pretty fun in high-end pvp. Never played rogue or cleric to 50, won't say anything there.

Rogues look fun.

I'd stick with either cleric or rogue.

Based on playstyle.

Rogue: Assassin/Nightblade are 1vs1 classes, MM is very nice from range.
    All in all rogue is best for players without a pocket healer since it is the least healer intensive class.

Mage: Mages are getting nerfed (except the CC master tree, dominator). Also everyone is focusing a mage because they dont like them and they want mages to feel pain because they had the ability to 1 shot every dps class until the middle of 1.2.

Cleric: Clerics are considered the immortal gods. They will die really fast if not rank 6 (you die in 4 seconds from assassins). When they are rank 6, they will need 3-4 high ranked/high geared players focus fire the cleric to bring him down.

Warrior: Warrior is the best DPS class in the game due to his uncleansable heal debuff and for being a melee. Only some kind of DPS clerics and Warrior can push the battle. Rogues die really fast (except NB with all his CDs). Warriors are really really healer intensive. You will need 2 pocket healers to survive.

It doesn't matter.
    They are making tons of changes with each patch.
    I'm sure the FotM will have changed by the time you hit level 50.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Please defined "FUN"
    To Some Ppl: "Fun" is dying 9000 times doing less than 100dmg.
    To Some : It is winning with doing the lowest dmg but highest heal
    To Some: It is losing(they find it not fun it they are winning) with the highest dmg so that they can bash his side from being noobie
    Which type you belong to?
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Banned

Current fotm is cleric - you'll see a lot of them. Played by someone with half a brain who can find more than 2 buttons they're virtually unkillable - plus have soul specs for flag running/capping, tanking and burst dps. pretty much can do everything all the other classes can (except stealth ;p)

Make all 4. It takes like a week to hit max level on one character.

Same as most mmos, every patch brings a new overpowered skill/class.

Plane Touched

You would love the Mage or the Cleric based on what you played in WoW.

The mage in this game is very powerful, just like the frost mage. However, what mage can do with heals in this game compared to what a mage can do with heals in wow is different. In WoW there wasn't really a massive AOE dpsing mage. In warhammer and rift you can spec that way, or still spec like a frost mage from WoW.

The healing cleric in this game is very much like the discipline/holy priest in wow. You have healer's covenant which is like pain suppression. No mana drain though, but you can tank people like a holy paladin while having the different array of heals like a priest. If you spec it right though its like a resto shaman due to the orbs of the stream which act like earth shield, the hots from warden which act like the resto druid, if you are high prestige rank the ability to tank like a holy paladin, with the instants plus all different scenario heals/shields like the priest.

The cleric though is very good support dmg dealer, but I personally have never seen a cleric beat a very good warrior or mage on kbs.

However, as a healing cleric it alone can shift a win, unlike WoW. In WoW the dmg dealers rule and determine the win or loss. In rift it's a bit different in level 50 pvp, you'll see.

Zul
    Telaran

I dare say that the Cleric offers the most versatility and potential.
    Whitefall: Death: Cleric | Ninja: Rogue | The: Warrior

Inquisibomb Videos:
    Teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk0GM0cJjKU&fmt=37
    Final
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCA1Zi4U_1A&fmt=22
    Part I By Miri
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKA6pfuEg8
    Part II By Miri
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjkVB_E_AYg

Telaran

You know. I am a fresh 50 cleric and have been doing a bit of pvp since hitting 50 this week. I keep seeing a lot about the unkillable cleric. I did a bit of wow pvp also where I was a priest and resto shaman.

I like cleric healing, but clerics being completely OP is a total myth until you are rank 5 or even rank 6. There have been other threads here that estimate total playing time to rank 6 is about 200 hours. Thats a ton of time to get there. I can honestly say, at least for rank 1 and 2, I die A LOT. Are there times you get brainless people trying to mash their one button to kill you? Yes, and you can tank them forever. But the site that puts fear in me after one week is a rank 6 warrior running at me. Hopefully, that will change when I get better gear.

+ Reply to Thread