+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Class Imbalances

Soulwalker

Default Class Imbalances

1. Get the dang instant cast, no cooldown heals out of the game. Or make Warrior DPS so strong that a cleric cant out heal their DPS.
    1b. There needs to be some kind of interrupt chance when attacking a caster with melee. That's the whole job of melee is to get in there and disrupt the casters. but most warriors have 1 or 2 interrupts and are screwed after that.

2. Riftblade is the only spec that is feasible for PvP right now if you plan on contributing to killing any casters/healers. The other specs have nice abilities but its laughable compared to the heals that Mages/Healers get.

3. A Warrior is made to kill casters/healers. If they can stay in close range with enough health, game over. Its that simple.

4. DPS clerics should get perma bans.

That is all. This game's class imbalances are 10x worse than Warhammer Online. That game died quickly because of it. Take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Frytaniac View Post
    1. Get the dang instant cast, no cooldown heals out of the game. Or make Warrior DPS so strong that a cleric cant out heal their DPS.
    1b. There needs to be some kind of interrupt chance when attacking a caster with melee. That's the whole job of melee is to get in there and disrupt the casters. but most warriors have 1 or 2 interrupts and are screwed after that.

2. Riftblade is the only spec that is feasible for PvP right now if you plan on contributing to killing any casters/healers. The other specs have nice abilities but its laughable compared to the heals that Mages/Healers get.

3. A Warrior is made to kill casters/healers. If they can stay in close range with enough health, game over. Its that simple.

That is all. This game's class imbalances are 10x worse than Warhammer Online. That game died quickly because of it. Take note.
    Answers to 1, 1b, 2,3,4,5:

L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Answers to 1, 1b, 2,3,4,5:

L2P
    completely agree.. quit trying to play halo in an MMO and you will find out that the balance is there.. this isnt a 1v1 game and was never intended to be.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Shadowlander

@2 reaver/paly pretty much unkillable by itself, and does enough damage to offset most healing to groups, get a burst class to roll with so they get the killing blows and Ur unstoppable.

What class has these instant cast no cooldown heals you're referring to?

All melee has interrupt skills. Learn them, live them.

So the way I see it, you can either play a Riftblade and handle healers, or not play a riftblade, and let someone else handle healers. Like anyone who knows how to play as a team, use CC, stuns, silences, healing debuff...

That doesn't mean any scrub with a macro should be able to roll his face on his keyboard and win because his class is a direct counter.

lol.

*takes notes* Is this going to be on the test?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Plane Touched

Code:
    lol.
    Yes. Its funny.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

I don't really agree with the OP much, but the number of Cleric rerolls is incredibly high, as it really should be.

Most of the WFs I do now are a full of clerics or rogues.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I don't really agree with the OP much, but the number of Cleric rerolls is incredibly high, as it really should be.

Most of the WFs I do now are a full of clerics or rogues.
    Far more rogue re-rolls than clerics. I have seen a lot of warrior-mage-rogue switching between patches, but the number of clerics has stayed pretty stable. Its always been a popular class (mainly because of the versatility) but not the FoTM class like mage (pyro) or rogue has been. Proof of that is that many clerics you do see dont play what most posters claim are the most powerful specs.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    Far more rogue re-rolls than clerics. I have seen a lot of warrior-mage-rogue switching between patches, but the number of clerics has stayed pretty stable. Its always been a popular class (mainly because of the versatility) but not the FoTM class like mage (pyro) or rogue has been. Proof of that is that many clerics you do see dont play what most posters claim are the most powerful specs.
    True dat, apparently I've been owning face with "the weakest spec" and never realized it. Go under appreciated cabalist!
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I'd like to find these mystery heals as well. You can spend a lot of gcds "instantly" putting up a stack of HoTs, then weaving in damage shield with a cooldown and a heal with a cooldown if you're not spec'd into the pvp spec.

Regardless, lingering wounds owns all if this. So the highly popular Para/Champ and Champ/Para/VK will melt these Clerics if they try to tank them. VK also gives you a purge and several mana drains.

Oh Noes! Seems like my tush should be banned...

How dare I try and dps...
    Last edited by Liandral; 06-20-2011 at 06:05 PM.

I still remember the time when Warrior Priest use their double detaunt and tank 24 destro before they eat their nerf bloody 1 yr later(with half the servers closed). The best part is destro's mirror is not even half as good.
    No game win Warhammer in the art of imbalance.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Champion of Telara

It must suck to be you. l2p

make Warrior DPS so strong that a cleric cant out heal their DPS
    Wow, that's genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Oh Noes! Seems like my tush should be banned...

How dare I try and dps...
    Trion ban him he dps's as a cleric!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast