+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roll Mage or Warrior?

Default Roll Mage or Warrior?

Currently have a 50 Rogue and 50 Cleric. I don't have time to Raid atm but will in like a month since both my toons are pretty much T2 geared out I want to roll a 3rd toon. Post what you like about your class if you play a Mage or Warrior.

PS: I don't care about PvP, keep out your 1.3 QQ hers plz.
    Last edited by Puandro; 06-20-2011 at 11:42 AM.

If you don't care about pvp, go mage. Besides, Trion hates melee in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    If you don't care about pvp, go mage. Besides, Trion hates melee in PVE.
    If you don't care about PVP, it's been proven that a warrior can pull 15% more dps than a mage via dummy testing with end game gear and raid buffs. Take that and do as you like. As you're already aware of how melee works with rogue, you can be assured that the experience with a warrior will be similiar in a raid environment.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    If you don't care about PVP, it's been proven that a warrior can pull 15% more dps than a mage via dummy testing with end game gear and raid buffs. Take that and do as you like. As you're already aware of how melee works with rogue, you can be assured that the experience with a warrior will be similiar in a raid environment.
    8% more, and that's full T2 Raid gear for both with the warrior using Leather instead of plate too.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    8% more, and that's full T2 Raid gear for both with the warrior using Leather instead of plate too.
    2553 vs 2147 is ~12% unless my math is off.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Under perfect conditions, it might be so but bosses have the habbit of doing cleaves or the melee having to move. Dead melee do no dps. Ranged classes have more uptime on bosses in most cases.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-20-2011 at 02:13 PM.

2553 vs 2147 is ~12% unless my math is off.
    There was a parse of a necro/lock doing 2300
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

O.o

I'm normally up to speed on this stuff. Any idea where it's posted?

O.o

I'm normally up to speed on this stuff. Any idea where it's posted?
    That same big long thread "More 1.3 PTS DPS" or w/e
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Go mage. You have more variety and, if you do ever pvp, are the best class in the game beyond any doubt.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdomite View Post
    Go mage. You have more variety and, if you do ever pvp, are the best class in the game beyond any doubt.
    Beside the obvious (you do not play a mage in high end premades in pvp or even in a PUG with barely any heal). I agree with the more variety on mage, but best class in pvp? If OP didn't have a cleric, it would be no brainer heh.

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Beside the obvious (you do not play a mage in high end premades in pvp or even in a PUG with barely any heal). I agree with the more variety on mage, but best class in pvp? If OP didn't have a cleric, it would be no brainer heh.
    Clerics are great heal bots. Mages actually kill things. A lot of them. Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Under perfect conditions, it might be so but bosses have the habbit of doing cleaves or the melee having to move. Dead melee do no dps. Ranged classes have more uptime on bosses in most cases.
    This is true.
    In PvE, melee has high risk but low gain. That why many warrior like to do rift/para in raid.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Holy cow I suck.

Plane Walker

Do you want to do damage or tank ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast