+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage PVP always INT or sometimes ENDURANCE?

Telaran

Default Mage PVP always INT or sometimes ENDURANCE?

Considering MMs and Rogues other's burst damage,

do you think it would be good to go hard + endurance to let them blow their CD loads/stuns, live through it, and then just burst through them back?

maybe not for pyro who just needs to avoid no matter what, but i mean more for less squishy classes like necro/war.

Soulwalker

Most of the time, your INT/spellpower will prove to be more useful than endurance. PvP gear already has bigger endurance numbers than pve gear, so you're better off not wasting enchants on +HP, but rather boosting your INT/SP. PvP is more about good survivability through carefully executed CC, kiting, etc. Sure, it'd be good to withstand a full-cd opener from a rogue every once in a while, but as said, "The best offense is a good defense."

Quote Originally Posted by Thali0n View Post
    Most of the time, your INT/spellpower will prove to be more useful than endurance. PvP gear already has bigger endurance numbers than pve gear, so you're better off not wasting enchants on +HP, but rather boosting your INT/SP. PvP is more about good survivability through carefully executed CC, kiting, etc. Sure, it'd be good to withstand a full-cd opener from a rogue every once in a while, but as said, "The best offense is a good defense."
    If a marksman popped his CD unless you have a base 7k HP pool + pop shadow life you will not live without heals, if a rogue jumps you, runes will not give you enough life to survive. Don't bother stacking it and take the bows and get a pocket healer.

Not sure, but I think each Endurance is worth about 9 HP. At least it is for me....it may vary by class or spec....not sure.

9 HP doesn't count for much at higher levels.

However, if you have options in the skill tree to boost your endurance by significant amounts, such as Chloromancer, that is definitely worthwhile.

Something like a +8 Endurance runestone is not likely to change any outcomes in PVP.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Since when is there endgame endurance gear for mages? All I know of is that you can try to get a endurance sigil (+120= +1.2k) which doesn't have that much of an impact, you just have to make sure you're not running in first and not becoming a tank.
    Last edited by Avyn; 06-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Depends on your spec. I stack the hell out of HP. I don't get as many KBs as a pyro, but I'm in the game, surviving, getting objectives done.

I (Rank 6) have an endurance sigil for pvp as a mage, are you kidding? I can't count how many times I've been down to 100 hp and kicked the defiant's *** - ironpine time.

I mean how many times do people actually stay together? i.e. 10 people start riding for opponents shard in whitefall, by the time you get there everyone took different routes, went after this or that defiant because they're a moron, died, etc.. you get there and MAYBE there's 1 other person there with you - certainly not a healing cleric.

So, it's rare that I play without full endurance runes and sigil loaded with end essences.

WL/Necro skills have less spell efficiency than Pyro's and SC's. Because of that you will get more out of spell power while playing a pyro than a WL/Necro.

Here is your list of bluedot spell efficiencies.
    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/rift-spell-efficients/

If I remember you get 1 sp per 2 intelligence (please correct me if I got that wrong). If you have 10 Int you have 5 SP, with necrosis at 30% efficiency you get...

(5 SP * 30% efficient) = 1.5dmg added to your dmg when using necrosis.

Looking at the numbers it would appear that endurance will be more valuable for WL/Necro. Contrast 10 intelligence for 1.5dmg to 10 endurance (at 9 HP?) 90Hp. Again from the numbers that's the way it appears, in the whole grand scheme of things no clue, beyond my scope.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrin View Post
    If a marksman popped his CD unless you have a base 7k HP pool + pop shadow life you will not live without heals, if a rogue jumps you, runes will not give you enough life to survive. Don't bother stacking it and take the bows and get a pocket healer.
    Hmm, so its not just me in my Rank1 gear that has no chance to survive any rogue burst at all? All I ever see is Black bar, No HP bar, "Respawn?". Can't really control it by using CC and other tools correctly if your dead before you get a chance.
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 06-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Ah 1 thing, before you leave the math right there at necrosis. Add up all the spells in your rotation before you make your comparison to HP. The 5 SP I quoted for necrosis will also go toward all your spells, so add them up and compare.

Remember your comparing DPS per second so it's ok to add dots up for comparison because they are hitting simultaneously with other dots every second. With cast duration spells it will only be 1 comparison per second.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-22-2011 at 08:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread