+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Please tell me how this is not overpowered:

Default Please tell me how this is not overpowered:

Rogues. I would like you to explain to me why I am wrong, and this is not overpowered...

I kept running into one type of rogue in warfronts, that interrupted EVERY SINGLE CAST. My bloom/flourish turned from instant casts to 1-2 second casts, and even these 1 second casts were interrupted at every attempt. I know the cast times on these will be fixer in 1.3, but I couldn't even cast nature's touch, or any spell that isn't instant for that matter. All I could do was spam my 'oh sh**' buttons, hit him with ruin and the occasional instant from an opportunity proc, only to die shortly after, without being able to deal any damage.

I was playing chlorolock, level 40-49 bracket (49 myself) in warfronts, in standard/above average gear for the bracket. I really do not know how to handle this, and hence feel it is overpowered.

Transmogrify? Immune. Stun? Immune. Heal? Can't heal, they are interrupted. Fight back? All non-instant casts are interrupted. Am I being bad? What am I meant to do here. I have limited knowledge on rogues.

Furthermore, I felt that it was impossible to play any other mage class in warfronts than chlorolock, as everything dies to a rogues stun in seconds. With chlorolock, I can heal it off, turn around, turn on corrosion, and whack them down. They'll usually attempt to run away, so I use whither to help finish them off. I dominated pre-40s with necrolock, but i can't even build up dots/charge to soul purge before I'm dead in this bracket.

I realise it will get far worse when I hit level 50, but this is a gear issue, rather than a rogue issue. and perhaps erradicate, though that's being patched somewhat too.

rogues are pretty ****, like any other game they are the best at locking someone down

as for only playing chloro/lock, i feel ya man... pyro has gone to **** and the only build u dont get WTFONESHOTLOCKEDDOWNCANTDOANYTHING is chloro/lock.

personally tho i usually play SC/Lock and providing i dont get killed by rogues i love my aoe

necro / lock is meh, it was really only good for leveling/questing

trying running away as soon as you're able. think about killing once at a safe distance to do so.
    though, to be fair, mage vs rogue is quite simply a case of rock vs paper. try rolling scissors.

Rift Disciple

And what kind of rogue did you run into? There are rogues which are good, and rogues that suck. There are classes which can interrupt spell casts, and those that can not. There are R6 rogues, and then there are level 50 rogues. A little more information would be helpful.

I'll tell you something about rogue. It is a highly situational class. Good rogues, will swap classes at the blink of how they guage the WF to be. A good rogue will never use the same class over and over again.

It's possible you found a pro rogue who knew exactly what he needed for a healer class. Random luck or kill, I don't know. Every spec has it's weakness and advantages, and your encounter looked to be a weakness to you, advantage to him. What did you encounter, and we can help identify the situation.
    Last edited by Cored; 06-19-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Banned

Immune is not the rogue, immune is the cc timer. Post 50 as people learn to play they spam cc less- or they should if they l2p.

Increased cast times = cloudy poison (correct name? - don't use it myself) from the infiltrator pvp tree. Believe this is available on other classes too.

Working as intended. Spam less cc, cleanse debuffs more.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Working as intended.
    Yeah the problem is not the implementation, it's the intent. Which needs to be changed.
    I'm so BORED

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cored View Post
    And what kind of rogue did you run into? There are rogues which are good, and rogues that suck. There are classes which can interrupt spell casts, and those that can not. There are R6 rogues, and then there are level 50 rogues. A little more information would be helpful.

I'll tell you something about rogue. It is a highly situational class. Good rogues, will swap classes at the blink of how they guage the WF to be. A good rogue will never use the same class over and over again.

It's possible you found a pro rogue who knew exactly what he needed for a healer class. Random luck or kill, I don't know. Every spec has it's weakness and advantages, and your encounter looked to be a weakness to you, advantage to him. What did you encounter, and we can help identify the situation.
    You really are an idiot some times..

You ask him/her for more information and go on about 50 and rank 6 rogues.. Read his/her post. He said 40-49 bracket warfront and he was level 49.

Still trying to defend Rogues the best you can with your complete and utter dribble.

Rogues are just messed up, people ( Rogues ) keep saying that they are now on "par" with all other classes. This is complete nonsense.

Their versatility in all souls and combinations, there 1 second GCD and damage increase is practically ******ed. GG Trion.

People keep saying Rogues were gimped prioer to 1.2 except I NEVER had any issue both damage wise and survivability wise with mine. Now it just seems over the top, especially ranged Rogues *Coughs* MM's.

The main reason you got beat isn't because the person playing the Rogue was "pro" or "bad", it's because Rogues have a huge amount of control in fights, they have survivability and they have damn insane damage, either sustained or burst.

But hey, keep defending them Rogues guys, doing a great job.

Duh.

EDIT - As for the immunity part. I still find it amusing that CC from Mages or any other class can be immuned so easily and not be as effective as Rogue Stun locks.. I mean, stun a person once, then twice and they will be immuned.. Maybe.. But by that time they are dead. CC from other classes like Transmogrify and others won't benefit you anywhere near like a stun lock. Whether Rogues stun lock or not. The DR should of been more aimed at stun locks and crown controlling like that and not so much on other CC..
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Rift Master

You probably need more practice, as chloro/lock you should never die to 1 melee...ever. Either you actually stood still and tried to cast -which is madness against any melee DPS- or he had a help from a ranged class.

Rogue interrupt is only available deep in the Bladedancer soul on a 10sec CD. He also has an in combat stun. So if you stand still you gonna hurt. If you keep ruining and only using instants like your supposed to you kill him.

And don;t run in a straight line, half circles all the way while bunny hopping.
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-20-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    And don;t run in a straight line, half circles all the way while bunny hopping.
    The above was a good reply and helpful, but this quote.. Pfft.. Another bunny hopper to exploit the X-Y axis bug..

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Yeah the problem is not the implementation, it's the intent. Which needs to be changed.
    God I love your sig.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Rogues. I would like you to explain to me why I am wrong, and this is not overpowered...

I kept running into one type of rogue in warfronts, that interrupted EVERY SINGLE CAST. My bloom/flourish turned from instant casts to 1-2 second casts, and even these 1 second casts were interrupted at every attempt. I know the cast times on these will be fixer in 1.3, but I couldn't even cast nature's touch, or any spell that isn't instant for that matter. All I could do was spam my 'oh sh**' buttons, hit him with ruin and the occasional instant from an opportunity proc, only to die shortly after, without being able to deal any damage.

I was playing chlorolock, level 40-49 bracket (49 myself) in warfronts, in standard/above average gear for the bracket. I really do not know how to handle this, and hence feel it is overpowered.

Transmogrify? Immune. Stun? Immune. Heal? Can't heal, they are interrupted. Fight back? All non-instant casts are interrupted. Am I being bad? What am I meant to do here. I have limited knowledge on rogues.

Furthermore, I felt that it was impossible to play any other mage class in warfronts than chlorolock, as everything dies to a rogues stun in seconds. With chlorolock, I can heal it off, turn around, turn on corrosion, and whack them down. They'll usually attempt to run away, so I use whither to help finish them off. I dominated pre-40s with necrolock, but i can't even build up dots/charge to soul purge before I'm dead in this bracket.

I realise it will get far worse when I hit level 50, but this is a gear issue, rather than a rogue issue. and perhaps erradicate, though that's being patched somewhat too.
    Sin/BD hard counters Chloro/Lock. Film at 11. In other news, water is wet.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

pro-tip: Spec your pvp soul when you pvp. Detaunt goes a long way to increasing your survival chances against 1 calling

/thread
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-20-2011 at 01:46 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Chaser

It's not just Rogues friend.

I play a warlock myself and find that in some WFS i come across a warrior spec that stuns me. takes me about 75% down then silences me and finishes me off!......this will usually happen 3 or 4 times as that warrior looks out for me knowing he can finish me with ease...untill i hit one of my cooldown skills before he gets to me, then it's a different story and he looks for another target.

And yes the same with rogues for me..sometimes i am dead before stun wears of.

I dont think this is OP though, it's just that rogue/warrior is set up to deal with my setup. If i then change my setup or tactics i can usually change the outcome too

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    People keep saying Rogues were gimped prioer to 1.2 except I NEVER had any issue both damage wise and survivability wise with mine. Now it just seems over the top, especially ranged Rogues *Coughs* MM's.

EDIT - As for the immunity part. I still find it amusing that CC from Mages or any other class can be immuned so easily and not be as effective as Rogue Stun locks.. I mean, stun a person once, then twice and they will be immuned.. Maybe.. But by that time they are dead. CC from other classes like Transmogrify and others won't benefit you anywhere near like a stun lock. Whether Rogues stun lock or not. The DR should of been more aimed at stun locks and crown controlling like that and not so much on other CC..

theres so much more wrong with what you said, but these to statements are rediculous... first off, ya MM can put out some damage and is a nusance to the other team, however anyone gets somewhat close and yer ****ed as high mm, or atleast 44mm for eradicate...

as to the stunlock crap, ok, so a 51pt sin has 1 4 sec stun from stealth, 1 sec to pop 1sec gcd. then they can pop Foul Play, another 4 second stun, which with the gcd and time it takes to go off, another 2 sec stun, theres 4 sec of stun time there, throw in slip away and stun from stealth again, assuming no one else has used some sort of cc on the person in which case they would be immune to the stun after slip away, also, if the rogue saps you b4 all this, the 3rd stun is not possible... as far as that goes theres no more stuns they can do to you

you really gunna cry over a total of 6 - 8 sec of stunned time out of what should be 12.... also not taking into account you popin break free or something similar, how bout you getta pvp spec and quit crying when some 51sin comes to **** yer face... cuz it aint the stuns killing you, its the dots and serpent strike crittin on you for 2200,

Shield of Telara

rogues dont have more stuns than you have breakers if you are any good. taking out a rogue is pretty easy considering you are immune after 2 apps of CC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast