+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classes with 2 Tx sets

Plane Walker

Default Classes with 2 Tx sets

most classes have 2 Tx sets one for tanking one for dps/healing, the exeption to this is the Mage.

should a 2nd ser of gear for the mage be implemented, becouse as mage you will have gatherd all your T gear faster then the other classes.

and if so what kind of stats should the 2nd gear set have ?

Quote Originally Posted by edwinSu View Post
    most classes have 2 Tx sets one for tanking one for dps/healing, the exeption to this is the Mage.

should a 2nd ser of gear for the mage be implemented, becouse as mage you will have gatherd all your T gear faster then the other classes.

and if so what kind of stats should the 2nd gear set have ?
    Considering (as far as I know) all mage classes use the SAME EXACT STATS, another tier set would just be redundant, and clutter up the loot tables with useless gear. Besides, some people only collect one set anyway. Some people don't tank or heal, and just collect the DPS set. Therefore, mages do not get their sets faster, they just only have one set to choose from.

Working as intended. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
    Last edited by corrin; 06-19-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Next time you meet someone that doesn't talk, just pretend he's 'role playing' a deaf mute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I pretty-much ignore error messages. Treat 'em like bills. You don't have to respond until the ink turns red.

Soulwalker

I'd say that really mages have only dps gear, because thats really how their sets work. The healing set for mages is using damage to create healing.

Telaran

the only difference is your source engine (major essences) and your trinket

Quote Originally Posted by riggaz View Post
    the only difference is your source engine (major essences) and your trinket
    this. mages heal by dps and mages dps by dps so all their gear is dps gear, you get healing trinkets and essence and you are done.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Personally though (disregarding T2s), Mages do need more cloth drops in a raid setting.
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

Champion

Yeah, in loot tables mages lose out but clerics win big. I hope there is some hidden weighting to account for this but anecdotally it doesn't seem so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosette View Post
    Personally though (disregarding T2s), Mages do need more cloth drops in a raid setting.
    Especially in raid and expert rifts. With bi-weekly sessions for like a month, I've only seen 2 Mage drops.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Karlis View Post
    Yeah, in loot tables mages lose out but clerics win big. I hope there is some hidden weighting to account for this but anecdotally it doesn't seem so.
    i think it is balanced by the fact that clerics need 3 sets and mages only 1?

i mean if you are gearing for healing, either it drops a tanking helm or not, you dont really care, its not the item you wanted either for mage or for cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    i think it is balanced by the fact that clerics need 3 sets and mages only 1?

i mean if you are gearing for healing, either it drops a tanking helm or not, you dont really care, its not the item you wanted either for mage or for cleric.
    Wow you're smart! That makes sense!
    Not.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    Wow you're smart! That makes sense!
    Not.
    you obviously dont raid. so dont start. gearing up to t3 for your main role is the same difficulty for everyone.

mages, need the least itmes, because whatever cloth it drops it is good for them, clerics are not so lucky, the not only need chain to drop, but they need specific chain.unless you think that you can somehow heal in tanking chain (which has worse stats for healing than even t1 gear)

aux

I'd like a HP cloth set.
    I'm so BORED

you obviously dont raid. so dont start. gearing up to t3 for your main role is the same difficulty for everyone.

mages, need the least itmes, because whatever cloth it drops it is good for them, clerics are not so lucky, the not only need chain to drop, but they need specific chain.unless you think that you can somehow heal in tanking chain (which has worse stats for healing than even t1 gear)
    Obviously I do raid RoS and GSB and am almost fully t3. Clerics have 2 useful sets since (most) of the "DPS" token items are better than the pure spellpower items. ATM clerics get overlooted by a lot, while rogues and warriors also need 2 sets.

It's not that I care that much since the more healing the better but it gets annoying when all your clerics are almost fully geared up and cleric BiS drops keep dropping while noone needs em.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    Obviously I do raid RoS and GSB and am almost fully t3. Clerics have 2 useful sets since (most) of the "DPS" token items are better than the pure spellpower items. ATM clerics get overlooted by a lot, while rogues and warriors also need 2 sets.

It's not that I care that much since the more healing the better but it gets annoying when all your clerics are almost fully geared up and cleric BiS drops keep dropping while noone needs em.
    that is purely luck for the most part. p.e. in our guild we have 4 relic staffs, 2relic fangs, 1 relic tanking mace, 1relic bow, and no cleric relics.

as far as regular t3 drops (chain, cloth, plate, leather , etc) since we stick to cloth->mage, chain->cleric and etc, even if we have more chain it usually means that the glyphed drops go to rogues/warriors. accessories also seem to favor mages in our guild since most of our mages have full t3 accessories while only 1-2clerics have t3 accessories.

the differance is also because we do many things in a raid. if p.e. it is a healing intensive boss, most clerics go healing, but if it is a easy to heal boss, the same clerics are expected to dps, so yeah, the item sets merge from time to time, but our roles also merge. while the mage doesn't has to have 2 sets, one for healing and one for dps, they do both in the same set.
    Last edited by shroudb; 06-20-2011 at 01:41 AM.

that is purely luck for the most part.
    Seems like pretty consistent "luck" from what I've been hearing from other guilds in our alliance. In the last 6 weeks, with 5 boss kills for the first 5 and 6 this week, we have had ZERO cloth armor drops. ONE staff drop and it was the wisdom one from Duke. Probably 70% of drops have been tank items that have gone for 1 or zero DKP because all 3 tanks got tricked out long ago. The only thing things that seem to go for any points at all are the glyph items. I know it's random, but when you only have 2-3 tanks in a group for any reason, the chance for loot drops needs to be adjusted accordingly. Same thing running guildies through T2s. 50% of drops are for one of the 3 tanking specs. I know the numbers needed to be buffed, but come on.

I'd personally love to have a 2nd set. Give me a tanks spec to start saving for ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast