+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Being Melee dps is......

Shadowlander

Default Being Melee dps is......

not fun at all, it seems like you made almost every boss with only ranged dps in mind. For example the last boss in T1 Latern Hook, thats the worst fight for melee evar!, fire crap drops on the ground, cleaves from front to back, jumps around to ranged makign us run around with our thumn up our ***. Trion, you would have to redo a load of boss fights so i came to the conclusion that you wont. So i guess to all you warriors out there, just reroll a ranged, this game isnt meant to for warrior dps. Only place for melee is being the tank.
    Last edited by Demigod Protogeno; 06-18-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

mmm.. yummy tears..

I love being a melee rogue.

Sez

T1 experts are pretty tough, huh?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

go ranged. it's too change it up, some fights are just easier ranged you should have more than one spec anyway and if you dont have a ranged set-up then your a real crutch to a party
    Harrow - RPpvp

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Austin23 View Post
    if you dont have a ranged set-up then your a real crutch to a party
    Which is a flaw and should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick827 View Post
    Which is a flaw and should be addressed.
    I don't think it's a flaw, I think it's intended. One of the shining achievements of this game is that they support multiple play-styles so that a character is less likely to be excluded based on class alone.

Rift Disciple

Just lol @ op....

ive been melee'ing since long before they nerfed the instances aand no its not hard, not then and certainly not now.

lol I love my melee cleric spec. Usually topping the charts in dps or close too it. If you can't avoid the cleave...then stay range.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Prophet of Telara

as with all mmos , range > melee

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    Lol...not.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    This.

Anyone who disagrees, please explain how the permanent advantage of being able to deal damage at any point within 30 meters of your target is not innately better than having to be right next to your target at all times to deal damage.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kelfi View Post
    I don't think it's a flaw, I think it's intended. One of the shining achievements of this game is that they support multiple play-styles so that a character is less likely to be excluded based on class alone.
    I find it strange that you say the game supports multiple play styles, then say you have to use ranged on bosses.

Seems counter intuitive.

Soulwalker

Actually there are quite a few bosses where i stick everyone in melee range so that the group moves as a pack. When there are aoe areas spawned on our feet we all move away from it together rather than the aoe spawning randomly around the boss area. This is just one example where melee are favored.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod Protogeno View Post
    not fun at all, it seems like you made almost every boss with only ranged dps in mind. For example the last boss in T1 Latern Hook, thats the worst fight for melee evar!, fire crap drops on the ground, cleaves from front to back, jumps around to ranged makign us run around with our thumn up our ***. Trion, you would have to redo a load of boss fights so i came to the conclusion that you wont. So i guess to all you warriors out there, just reroll a ranged, this game isnt meant to for warrior dps. Only place for melee is being the tank.
    ADAPT!!

Yes, being a mage or rogue is much easier, but back when I was doing T1 I made a ranged warrior spec that did about 100 less dps than my melee counterpart. Thats why we can have more than one soul at the ready.

God.......enjoy the challege dont be a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    I find it strange that you say the game supports multiple play styles, then say you have to use ranged on bosses.

Seems counter intuitive.
    You don't have to used ranged on all bosses, but because we have ranged options it means that bosses that give a strong advantage to range don't exclude any one class.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast