+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sub50 Chloro pvp

Shadowlander

Default Sub50 Chloro pvp

Currently level 40, so I'm in the 40-49 bracket. I also had problems in 30-39 though.

It feels like as soon as anything gets on me, particularly rogues and warriors, there's nothing I can do to keep myself alive. If I just sit and dps, they out DPS my heals no problem. If I try to run, they still kill me easy since I'm not able to heal myself past Bloom and Flourish, really. I've tried both Chlorolock(my pve heals spec, 34c/19w) and Chlorodom(28c/20d).

I'm at a loss as what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Shadowlander

Just realized this was posted in the general class forum, not mages. Sorry.

Soulwalker

Do yourself a favor and go 32 Warlock/Rest in Chloro/Archmage for Break Free.

You need the defensive cooldowns. Period. Now from here you can either DOT people up or use some Chloro abilites for extra healing but between Shadow Life, Neddra's something (forgot the name of the skill), Bloom, Flourish, and Mortality, you should have much better survivability.

Hint: A hybrid chloro with less focus on healing is better than a dead chloro.

i would be temped to say forgot choloro in lower brackers focus more on pyro etc

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

The squishiness of the chloro is her Achilles' heel. I like my pyro/chloro which gives Flicker to get away. There is also Burning Shield to soak damage. Those are for 10 points. Chloro/lock is probably better if you want to play mainly defense and healing and you don't care about also being able to deal real damage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Izoh.xx0V0Vqxo

Not sure what level you are going to be by the time you read this, but after the points I listed, but from here I'd fill out the Rift side of the Archmage. No more than 10 (first 2 defensive talents).

After that, maybe fill out the Radiant Spores AOE talent if you find you're in a position to keep spores up a lot.

Shadowlander

The key to shining as a chloro before you get your end-game setup, is supporting other players while you DPS. You don't go one-on-one with a pure DPS class, but you synthesize an ally who can keep the enemies away from you.

That said, with the changes coming in 1.3, it might be viable to play without relying on synthesis too, we'll see next week.
    Last edited by Peledornik; 06-19-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Shadowlander

Didn't really expect to get answers on this post so I didn't bother checking it till today, heh. Sorry~

Quote Originally Posted by McPapples View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go 32 Warlock/Rest in Chloro/Archmage for Break Free.

You need the defensive cooldowns. Period. Now from here you can either DOT people up or use some Chloro abilites for extra healing but between Shadow Life, Neddra's something (forgot the name of the skill), Bloom, Flourish, and Mortality, you should have much better survivability.

Hint: A hybrid chloro with less focus on healing is better than a dead chloro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Izoh.xx0V0Vqxo

Not sure what level you are going to be by the time you read this, but after the points I listed, but from here I'd fill out the Rift side of the Archmage. No more than 10 (first 2 defensive talents).

After that, maybe fill out the Radiant Spores AOE talent if you find you're in a position to keep spores up a lot.
    I don't really like the idea of dropping so many points in Chloro. Level 43 right now though with 26 chloro 26 lock 5 archmage, so I'm just missing imp Warlock Armor and Neddra's Essence. If this doesn't work out, I'll probably try the heavy lock spec instead, next. Patch is tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    The squishiness of the chloro is her Achilles' heel. I like my pyro/chloro which gives Flicker to get away. There is also Burning Shield to soak damage. Those are for 10 points. Chloro/lock is probably better if you want to play mainly defense and healing and you don't care about also being able to deal real damage.
    While the idea of having Flicker might be fun, I kinda feel the investment is a little too much since 7 of the 11 talent points spent would be completely useless to me. I really don't care about doing 'real' damage, otherwise I would just go with my Necrolock spec or a Pyro spec I think =P thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peledornik View Post
    The key to shining as a chloro before you get your end-game setup, is supporting other players while you DPS. You don't go one-on-one with a pure DPS class, but you synthesize an ally who can keep the enemies away from you.

That said, with the changes coming in 1.3, it might be viable to play without relying on synthesis too, we'll see next week.
    Yeah, I try to avoid going 1on1, but if a rogue or warrior jumps on me mid big fight, or even jumps me while going to another point, I feel useless. I'm pretty sure I'll be going heavy chloro with the patch to start with the addition of a (I think) no CD Natural Splendor and additional healing for points spent past 32 in chloro or w/e.

+ Reply to Thread