+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTS 1.3 testing recent

Soulwalker

Default PTS 1.3 testing recent

So I was doing some PvE and PvP testing of the most recent changes to the PTS, looked at Pyro, Warlock and Necromancer.

Pyro gains an extra 30.6% fire damage (51pt spec), seems solid in PvE and the PvP nerfs will make alot of people happy.

Warlock receives an extra 35.7% damage (51 pt spec) to their DoTs which is kinda noticeable in PvE but doesn't do much of anything for PvP.

Necromancer receives an extra 51% bonus to pet damage (51 pt spec), again it's kinda noticeable in PvE but really isn't noticable in PvP.

From what I found, if you use pets or DoTs (specifically in 1.3) don't expect to be useful.

Soulwalker

Hmmmm, I actually worded the pyro one wrong, they only gain that bonus damage in PvE

Plane Touched

hmmmm

Just wait for the new weapons to come out. It's only a matter of time before the Pyro once again start 1shotting the primitive bystandards of the Rift populus that pretends they have the ability to defend themselves. Until then, enjoy your extra second of survivability. In the long run, nothing will change & you will return to the boards begging the great Gersh for your pitiful lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    hmmmm

Just wait for the new weapons to come out. It's only a matter of time before the Pyro once again start 1shotting the primitive bystandards of the Rift populus that pretends they have the ability to defend themselves. Until then, enjoy your extra second of survivability. In the long run, nothing will change & you will return to the boards begging the great Gersh for your pitiful lives.
    Sins and MM put out just as much burst while not having to be totally stationary yet people keep crying. Pyros are being neutered yet Sin and MM are untouched. Dueled a Pyro on PTS Fulm and Cinder hit for pitiful damage now.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Sins and MM put out just as much burst while not having to be totally stationary yet people keep crying. Pyros are being neutered yet Sin and MM are untouched. Dueled a Pyro on PTS Fulm and Cinder hit for pitiful damage now.
    Mages have been getting systematically taken apart bit by bit every patch. 1.3 is seeing some of the biggest nerfs laid into the class while actually buffing warrior damage beyond 1.2 levels (2.5k dummy parse by a warrior taken today) and leaving rogues and clerics more or less where they are already.

I can't imagine how Trion expects anyone who knows better to want to play a mage with what's going on right now. IF all three of the other callings are working as intended then that's fine with me but what they're doing to mages is a joke. Every single time we scream at them to get an adjustment put in, they do it with a backhanded nerf that counteracts any semblence of a buff. They clearly don't want mages playing. Numbers and proof be damned, Trion is ensuring mages are going to get the shaft every patch.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-17-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Mages have been getting systematically taken apart bit by bit every patch. 1.3 is seeing some of the biggest nerfs laid into the class while actually buffing warrior damage beyond 1.2 levels (2.5k dummy parse by a warrior taken today) and leaving rogues and clerics more or less where they are already.

I can't imagine how Trion expects anyone who knows better to want to play a mage with what's going on right now. IF all three of the other callings are working as intended then that's fine with me but what they're doing to mages is a joke. Every single time we scream at them to get an adjustment put in, they do it with a backhanded nerf that counteracts any semblence of a buff. They clearly don't want mages playing. Numbers and proof be damned, Trion is ensuring mages are going to get the shaft every patch.
    First of all, you guys knew that one shotting people was not at all balanced. When warriors were doing it in 1.0 mages were the biggest criers on these boards for burst nerfs. Everyone knew that this was coming. If you truly thought pyro was balanced then you were living in dream world. Now we all know pyro sucks in PvE but without PvP nerfs there is no way to fix pyro in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    I can Fulminate for 5k against max Valor? Nice! I should go train!

If you consider 800 Empowered Shots and 2k Deadeye Shots against zero Valor the same burst as Pyros, you're delusional.
    Last edited by Festo; 06-18-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post

If you consider 800 Empowered Shots and 2k Deadeye Shots against zero Valor the same burst as Pyros, you're delusional.
    5k? why not 10k? or 100k?
    you are the one delusional, pyro damage has been nerfed to ground from 1.1 onward.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    First of all, you guys knew that one shotting people was not at all balanced. When warriors were doing it in 1.0 mages were the biggest criers on these boards for burst nerfs. Everyone knew that this was coming. If you truly thought pyro was balanced then you were living in dream world. Now we all know pyro sucks in PvE but without PvP nerfs there is no way to fix pyro in PvE.
    gah that's such a tired argument..that horse is D E A D..."but they're one shotting people bla bla bla"..Ive seen 5-10 screenies of ppl being one shotted by fulminate(5-10 out of how many pyros????)..so..by all means shave 20% damage off everything..hell take our weapons away too for all I care.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    5k? why not 10k? or 100k?
    you are the one delusional, pyro damage has been nerfed to ground from 1.1 onward.
    I dont have a problem with pyro and pyro mages.
    I dont think they need a damage nurf for PvP
    People calling for it are pissed that after ignoring the pyro mage as they beat on some other poor sucker, they got blown up

However...
    A well geared pyro using his class to max effect can still in 1.2 crit you for 4.5k with cynder even with 850 valor.
    Saying they cant just lowers your credibility

The old saboteurs, riftblades and justicars can no longer one shot, why should pyro's?
    The whole game is borked right now because of knee jerk reactions to the screaming minority, while the majority suffer in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    The old saboteurs, riftblades and justicars can no longer one shot, why should pyro's?
    The whole game is borked right now because of knee jerk reactions to the screaming minority, while the majority suffer in silence.
    0o On what planet / reality / darksideofthemoon, did you ever see a justicar one shot something ...

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post

I've been hit for 3k+ fulminate crits in R6 pvp gear without redball.

It's not the fulminate but the fireball + fulminate + inferno combo that kills people in one GCD.

The mage changes were over the top. Remove Inferno from the GCD was all that was needed.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by sanjiro View Post
    I dont have a problem with pyro and pyro mages.
    I dont think they need a damage nurf for PvP
    People calling for it are pissed that after ignoring the pyro mage as they beat on some other poor sucker, they got blown up

However...
    A well geared pyro using his class to max effect can still in 1.2 crit you for 4.5k with cynder even with 850 valor.
    Saying they cant just lowers your credibility
    You don't have a problem with pyro's because you know what your doing. You kill my rank 6 all the time. You know how our class works so you know how to beat it.

I think a lot of people find it easier to have Trion deal with their problems rather than do any homework themselves.

I will attest to 4.5k It happens, I don't know their valor but I still see it. Before anyone starts a 4.5k pyro post, I have seen rogue's hit 4k too.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    I've been hit for 3k+ fulminate crits in R6 pvp gear without redball.

It's not the fulminate but the fireball + fulminate + inferno combo that kills people in one GCD.

The mage changes were over the top. Remove Inferno from the GCD was all that was needed.
    I love you xD

Actually met ya quite sometimes on WF now that we r on same WF group, it gives one a reliable smile when he knows there is a well played no-paper dps on field.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast