+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: PTS 1.3 testing recent

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default PTS 1.3 testing recent

    So I was doing some PvE and PvP testing of the most recent changes to the PTS, looked at Pyro, Warlock and Necromancer.

    Pyro gains an extra 30.6% fire damage (51pt spec), seems solid in PvE and the PvP nerfs will make alot of people happy.

    Warlock receives an extra 35.7% damage (51 pt spec) to their DoTs which is kinda noticeable in PvE but doesn't do much of anything for PvP.

    Necromancer receives an extra 51% bonus to pet damage (51 pt spec), again it's kinda noticeable in PvE but really isn't noticable in PvP.

    From what I found, if you use pets or DoTs (specifically in 1.3) don't expect to be useful.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Hmmmm, I actually worded the pyro one wrong, they only gain that bonus damage in PvE

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    hmmmm

    Just wait for the new weapons to come out. It's only a matter of time before the Pyro once again start 1shotting the primitive bystandards of the Rift populus that pretends they have the ability to defend themselves. Until then, enjoy your extra second of survivability. In the long run, nothing will change & you will return to the boards begging the great Gersh for your pitiful lives.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Krazybojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    hmmmm

    Just wait for the new weapons to come out. It's only a matter of time before the Pyro once again start 1shotting the primitive bystandards of the Rift populus that pretends they have the ability to defend themselves. Until then, enjoy your extra second of survivability. In the long run, nothing will change & you will return to the boards begging the great Gersh for your pitiful lives.
    Sins and MM put out just as much burst while not having to be totally stationary yet people keep crying. Pyros are being neutered yet Sin and MM are untouched. Dueled a Pyro on PTS Fulm and Cinder hit for pitiful damage now.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

  5. #5
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Sins and MM put out just as much burst while not having to be totally stationary yet people keep crying. Pyros are being neutered yet Sin and MM are untouched. Dueled a Pyro on PTS Fulm and Cinder hit for pitiful damage now.
    Mages have been getting systematically taken apart bit by bit every patch. 1.3 is seeing some of the biggest nerfs laid into the class while actually buffing warrior damage beyond 1.2 levels (2.5k dummy parse by a warrior taken today) and leaving rogues and clerics more or less where they are already.

    I can't imagine how Trion expects anyone who knows better to want to play a mage with what's going on right now. IF all three of the other callings are working as intended then that's fine with me but what they're doing to mages is a joke. Every single time we scream at them to get an adjustment put in, they do it with a backhanded nerf that counteracts any semblence of a buff. They clearly don't want mages playing. Numbers and proof be damned, Trion is ensuring mages are going to get the shaft every patch.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-17-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple ellej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Mages have been getting systematically taken apart bit by bit every patch. 1.3 is seeing some of the biggest nerfs laid into the class while actually buffing warrior damage beyond 1.2 levels (2.5k dummy parse by a warrior taken today) and leaving rogues and clerics more or less where they are already.

    I can't imagine how Trion expects anyone who knows better to want to play a mage with what's going on right now. IF all three of the other callings are working as intended then that's fine with me but what they're doing to mages is a joke. Every single time we scream at them to get an adjustment put in, they do it with a backhanded nerf that counteracts any semblence of a buff. They clearly don't want mages playing. Numbers and proof be damned, Trion is ensuring mages are going to get the shaft every patch.
    First of all, you guys knew that one shotting people was not at all balanced. When warriors were doing it in 1.0 mages were the biggest criers on these boards for burst nerfs. Everyone knew that this was coming. If you truly thought pyro was balanced then you were living in dream world. Now we all know pyro sucks in PvE but without PvP nerfs there is no way to fix pyro in PvE.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Festo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Sins and MM put out just as much burst while not having to be totally stationary yet people keep crying. Pyros are being neutered yet Sin and MM are untouched. Dueled a Pyro on PTS Fulm and Cinder hit for pitiful damage now.
    I can Fulminate for 5k against max Valor? Nice! I should go train!

    If you consider 800 Empowered Shots and 2k Deadeye Shots against zero Valor the same burst as Pyros, you're delusional.
    Last edited by Festo; 06-18-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    I can Fulminate for 5k against max Valor? Nice! I should go train!

    If you consider 800 Empowered Shots and 2k Deadeye Shots against zero Valor the same burst as Pyros, you're delusional.
    5k? why not 10k? or 100k?
    you are the one delusional, pyro damage has been nerfed to ground from 1.1 onward.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    First of all, you guys knew that one shotting people was not at all balanced. When warriors were doing it in 1.0 mages were the biggest criers on these boards for burst nerfs. Everyone knew that this was coming. If you truly thought pyro was balanced then you were living in dream world. Now we all know pyro sucks in PvE but without PvP nerfs there is no way to fix pyro in PvE.
    gah that's such a tired argument..that horse is D E A D..."but they're one shotting people bla bla bla"..Ive seen 5-10 screenies of ppl being one shotted by fulminate(5-10 out of how many pyros????)..so..by all means shave 20% damage off everything..hell take our weapons away too for all I care.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    5k? why not 10k? or 100k?
    you are the one delusional, pyro damage has been nerfed to ground from 1.1 onward.
    I dont have a problem with pyro and pyro mages.
    I dont think they need a damage nurf for PvP
    People calling for it are pissed that after ignoring the pyro mage as they beat on some other poor sucker, they got blown up


    However...
    A well geared pyro using his class to max effect can still in 1.2 crit you for 4.5k with cynder even with 850 valor.
    Saying they cant just lowers your credibility

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Elth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    The old saboteurs, riftblades and justicars can no longer one shot, why should pyro's?
    The whole game is borked right now because of knee jerk reactions to the screaming minority, while the majority suffer in silence.

  12. #12
    Telaran Yunesca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    The old saboteurs, riftblades and justicars can no longer one shot, why should pyro's?
    The whole game is borked right now because of knee jerk reactions to the screaming minority, while the majority suffer in silence.
    0o On what planet / reality / darksideofthemoon, did you ever see a justicar one shot something ...

  13. #13
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    I can Fulminate for 5k against max Valor? Nice! I should go train!

    If you consider 800 Empowered Shots and 2k Deadeye Shots against zero Valor the same burst as Pyros, you're delusional.
    I've been hit for 3k+ fulminate crits in R6 pvp gear without redball.

    It's not the fulminate but the fireball + fulminate + inferno combo that kills people in one GCD.

    The mage changes were over the top. Remove Inferno from the GCD was all that was needed.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  14. #14
    Champion Stratacaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjiro View Post
    I dont have a problem with pyro and pyro mages.
    I dont think they need a damage nurf for PvP
    People calling for it are pissed that after ignoring the pyro mage as they beat on some other poor sucker, they got blown up


    However...
    A well geared pyro using his class to max effect can still in 1.2 crit you for 4.5k with cynder even with 850 valor.
    Saying they cant just lowers your credibility
    You don't have a problem with pyro's because you know what your doing. You kill my rank 6 all the time. You know how our class works so you know how to beat it.

    I think a lot of people find it easier to have Trion deal with their problems rather than do any homework themselves.

    I will attest to 4.5k It happens, I don't know their valor but I still see it. Before anyone starts a 4.5k pyro post, I have seen rogue's hit 4k too.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    I've been hit for 3k+ fulminate crits in R6 pvp gear without redball.

    It's not the fulminate but the fireball + fulminate + inferno combo that kills people in one GCD.

    The mage changes were over the top. Remove Inferno from the GCD was all that was needed.
    I love you xD

    Actually met ya quite sometimes on WF now that we r on same WF group, it gives one a reliable smile when he knows there is a well played no-paper dps on field.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts