+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob Question: Can Souls Be Adjusted?

Soulwalker

Default Noob Question: Can Souls Be Adjusted?

I've seen so many differing comments. I've seen people say up to 7 different souls can be used, 4, and of course that you can only ever get 3 souls.
    By level 5, I'm required to pick my 3rd soul. Will there ever be an opportunity to change my souls?
    Example: I chose a BM for my 3rd at level 5 for the pet. But at level 30 or whatever I have learned that a warlord would be a better 3rd soul. Can I switch or do I have to reroll?

Thanks in advance!

Telaran

First off, you should definitely play the game for more then an hour and explore the world to learn these things for yourself.

At level 13 you can train all 8 of your souls and you can buy up to 5 roles. Each role can have 3 souls equipped.

You can reset your souls at a trainer anytime allowing you to pick new souls (that you have unlocked) and respend your points. You can change any soul at anytime that has zero points spent in it.
    Last edited by Double Whammy; 06-16-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you much.

Ascendant

Default Souls...

OK, I see this question all the time. I should copy+paste this but anyway...

Soul: This is a 'class'. For warriors there are 9 souls, including Beastmaster, Warlord, Paladin, Reaver, Void Knight, Paragon, Riftblade, Champion and Vindicator (PvP Soul). Your first soul is gained at level 1 before you leave the first section and before you see your first attackable enemy. Your second soul will be gained after a few quests around level 3. Your third soul will be gained sometime around level 5-6 depending on how many extra mobs you kill getting there. After this point you cannot gain any more souls until level 13. Once you reach level 13, you may gain souls by completing quests in the main town for your allignment (Meridian or Sanctum). These quests involve closing a rift and then defeating the corrupted original character for that soul. You may only have one soul quest at a time.

Note: Mage soul quests are offered in Argent Glade, not Sanctum. All Defiant soul quests are in Meridian.

Role: This is a combination of 3 souls, also commonly refered to as a 'build'. You start the game with 1 role and may purchase up to 4 more (maximum of 5 roles). If you press the 'N' key (default) you will see the Soul Trees for your current role, and down the bottom of that window will be a set of 5 buttons. These are your role buttons. They can be hotkeyed or toggled on this screen with the activate button (or type: /role# in chat). Role is another way of saying 'what is this set of souls goof for?' As a warrior you would have a Role for soloing. Perhaps you would have a PvP role, a DPS role, and a tanking role. You may purchase additional roles from your class trainers and I would encourage everyone to purchase atleast 2 additional roles as soon as you can afford them.

Role 2 costs 30g
    Role 3 costs 3p 95g
    Role 4 costs 21p 95g
    Role 5 costs 100p

You may change your role setup at any time by visiting a class trainer and selecting the 'Reset my souls' option This will take all points out of all your souls in your current active role. You may then swap souls in that particular role by clicking on the little square in the centre of each tree.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

+ Reply to Thread