+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OMG Healing OP! Nerf Heals Srsly!

Telaran

Default OMG Healing OP! Nerf Heals Srsly!

Wow guys, im sick of all you whiners. We aren't playing counterstrike anymore where you can run in and shoot the shiet out of everyone and kill them with your uber damage or reaction time etc etc. This is a MMORPG Team Warfront. Its one full fledged team against another full fledged team! Get that into your thick skulls. In a party setting and your doing T1's etc, why doesn't your wipe over and over again? Because you have the good old faithful Cleric or healer healing everyone. What happens when your healer dies? Thats right, then the whole team is taking damage and WIPES! Also in dungeons, what is the NPC always attacking and never fails to kill? The tank. So who do you not attack? You guessed it, you dont attack those speced as tanks!

Now with that in mind how do you win Warfronts? That's when you get creative. There are lots of options, CC the damn healer and kill him. CC healer and leave him alone and kill someone else. Time your massive hits with another and blow up the Cleric. Mana burn the Cleric. Whatever you do, DO NOT ATTACK A TANK. Keep in mind, Clerics can spec like a tank! If you do you are falling into their trap! In a dungeon, the stupid BOSSES keep attacking the Tank cuz of his taunts and threat generating abilities and thats how they fail. Now if a Cleric rolled TANK spec, do not down him! Find the other healer, yes many times people fail to realize that Clerics are only self healing when its cross healing. Down all the others before you down the Tank. Its all a team setting. If you want to go RAMBO and feel like you can just DPS down and kill anyone since you got uber p6 gear, then think again and go back to Counterstrike. If that is the type of game you want, then everyone will just be glass cannons and we would have 20 Pyros in the game, snipe snipe snipe whole team dead.

Now for those who say its not fair, a Cleric can heal, tank and dps and be uber in all three at once! That is not fair! If that is the case, you clearly have little or no idea of the Cleric callings. Study them, keep your friends close but your enemies closer... research the different callings. You should automatically recognize what type of Cleric he is by looking at the buffs he has. If he is just casting without shooting anything, he is healing. If he has certain Mein of Honor he is a DPS/Offhealer like a Chloro, if he has Mein of Leadership he is a Tank! Both of those Meins makes him hard to solo kill, so plan accordingly. But guess what, a Cleric soul is balanced in that they can decide where to put their DPS / Heal abilities. Think of it as a triangle, If he specs more into healing he loses defense and Dps. If he specs into DPS he will lack heals and defense, if he specs defense he lacks good heals and DPS. The reason why people complain so much is because if the Cleric picks either Defense or Heals or some sort of variance of the both, they become hard to kill. Well guess what, they are horrible DPS! The only burst they can possible have then is Soul Drain, which requires him to be in your face with 2 other teammates drinking tea with you as you watch him cast a 3sec spell. Now thats when you guys band together and use one of the strats mention above. PVP is suppose to hard for a reason, if you want it to be hit and kill hit and kill, just go to Zaraths in Stillmore and start going rambo on the mobs there, they dont have healers there, knock yourself out.

Now after reading this and you still can't get this Team perspective in your head, seriously do us all a favor and quit your sub already and go back to your Action Shooters since your IQ can only handle going Rambo mode and kill whatever you see in sight. If Trion really wants to cater to you guys, they could add a new Warfront, a Death Arena so to say, and have all heals and shields debuffed by 100%. Then everyone would go rambo DPS. Hey maybe add health pack pick ups and random buff item drops. Hey maybe they can just call the game unreal tournament.

Alright now that I let myself loose from the tiredness of hearing about all the whining from Rambors complaining about healers. I will give you guys a bone. As I mentioned above, the cleric can spec into Healing and Defense. Think of that soul as a super bard. The reason they are better than bards is because once a Cleric gear is better, the values scales better than Bards. They have good Defense skills and healing skills which is Unique to only Bards and Clerics. A Mage Chloro does not have a Defensive soul and limited CD heals due to less Healing Specs, where Clerics can pick from 3 full healing specs with a different combo of healing potential. So they are unique and I can see why people can get frustrated as a high Combo'ed Defense with Heals is the hardest to kill, add p6 gear makes it even harde and a cross healer thats when they are godlike in the sense that they are hard to kill even with 3 people going rambo. You can complain that thats not fair since Cleric can only go this Godlike defense mode, but guess what all other classes have a special combo making them another Godlike potentness so to speak. A P6 Warrior with a Mix of Defense/ DPS with a cross healer is just as annoying, they may not be able to self heal but they have even higher mitigation and higher DPS. A p6 Pyro with a pocket healer is.. oh yea I dont even need to talk about that combo. A rogue, he'll a good rogue can spec to solo kill a decent Cleric already. So seriously, stop your whining and take PVP more seriously and be friends with a Cleric and actually work as a team and improve your teamwork instead of going balls off the walls rambo DPS and think your the best PVPer cuz you got a killer DPS spec when really, your not all that special and anyone can do that.....

Ascendant

Pulled a gem out of the giant blocks of text...

a Death Arena so to say, and have all heals and shields debuffed by 100%
    Now you're talking.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Pulled a gem out of the giant blocks of text...

Now you're talking.
    You actually read all of that? With the terrible title, & terrible layed out post, i wasn't interested.

Ascendant

Haha no, I happened to just skip through it all and amazingly found that. It sounds like a fun idea lol.

WALL OF TEXT crits you for Over9000 damage.

YOU die.

fin.
    Jharyn - Cleric - Druishamsticar! / Inquisicabanel!
    Member of the Brotherhood of the Dawn
    Faeblight Roleplayer

Ascendant

Insubstantial, check the scouter again!

Soulwalker

wow WALL of text i didnt read anything. Just saw 4 white blocks.

Healers take waaay tooo long to kill. They should not be tanking 7 people and jump around and get away

Xsi

Here's what I do, scroll down a little on the main page. Read the same "we aren't OP" post from yesterday (I think there was 5-6 of them) or hop over to the PvP/General forums.

I could
    1. Spend multiply times explaining in a rational way why the arguments are valid opinions backed by stated facts (and perceptional issues).
    2. The OP refutes saying the same thing in the wall of text in the original post.
    3. I then provide how they put their own foot in their mouth by stating some ludicrous number or some other statement that proves MY point (not their own).
    4. The original poster /trollz post gives up and tries the insult and bait tactic.
    5. I state the insult tactic doesn't work and declare the thread /dead.
    6. OP fails.
    7. OP starts new /trollz thread (and forever be classified as a forum troll).

Or I could just /ignore it ... since nothing new is stated that the rest of the non-cleric community (and a good majority of cleric community - obviously not these posters) already know because we covered this topic dozens of times already.
    Last edited by Xsi; 06-16-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Soulwalker

I have a 48 cleric that i mostly use for pve dungeons but i read this and i can say there is a lot of truth in it. (Incoming wow reference) I played a resto shaman in wotlk and my heals were op. at the start of a bg i would throw up huge crit heals that kept even the squishiest classes alive forever. I myself was quite hard to down even when half the bg was on my tail. when it came down to stopping me from healing a few smart people would silence, cc, stun and anything in between to keep me from crit healing 28+k health on people who only had 24k-32k health. healers are not invincible by any means it just takes some carefully planned silences or stuns and u can stop them for just enough time to down the flag holder or anyone that they were healing. for some of those wf groups this might seem like asking too much but it is possible.

Rift Disciple

The OP is pretty much saying what this is saying:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/2..._hZ5oD-L-2.jpg

Soulwalker

yay more pvp whining.. idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Insubstantial View Post
    WALL OF TEXT crits you for Over9000 damage.

YOU die.

fin.
    Damn it, you just took the words right out of my mouth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by flamelancer View Post
    I have a 48 cleric that i mostly use for pve dungeons but i read this and i can say there is a lot of truth in it. (Incoming wow reference) I played a resto shaman in wotlk and my heals were op. at the start of a bg i would throw up huge crit heals that kept even the squishiest classes alive forever. I myself was quite hard to down even when half the bg was on my tail. when it came down to stopping me from healing a few smart people would silence, cc, stun and anything in between to keep me from crit healing 28+k health on people who only had 24k-32k health. healers are not invincible by any means it just takes some carefully planned silences or stuns and u can stop them for just enough time to down the flag holder or anyone that they were healing. for some of those wf groups this might seem like asking too much but it is possible.
    problem is.. you do a 8 sec silence, they "break free" and now next time any try silence its like 1-2 sec silence max on a high rank healer.. then he is immune..you pretty much cant cc them.

IMO break free is on a to short cd, its allways up and people use it straight away because its up so fast. If it was longer cd people would actually think when to use it.
    Old school llong time mmo player, played more rpgs than id care to admit!

Quote Originally Posted by alshara View Post
    The OP is pretty much saying what this is saying:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/2..._hZ5oD-L-2.jpg
    QFT.
    /10char
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

lol dont think they gonne do something about healing tbh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast