+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: There is still hope for Trion after all

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    But at least a player has a CHANCE to react. Be it LOS, retreat to healer, switch targets, or whatever.
    By chance of react you mean gaurantee that you can gap close on him and instagib him right?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    By chance of react you mean gaurantee that you can gap close on him and instagib him right?
    Since I play a rogue, no that's not what I meant at all. You're starting to jump at hallucinations Leviathan. Relax, I'm sure your mage will survive in the end.
    Last edited by Morituri; 06-18-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Those are idiots, not trolls.
    Trolling is a beautiful art form.

Unfortunately there are so few actual trolls, it's usually just the *******es who spout memes in order to try and win internet arguments.
    Yes and no. Anyone can be an artist but most of us are crap. It's the same with trolls. Posting an inflamatory post on a high traffic area and getting 8 responses is not skilled trolling. On the other hand, Maddox, Sasha Baron Cohen, David Thorne and many more both hugely entertaining, skilled and usually have something to say, which they say using other people's reactions. Almost anyone can troll, it's not hard.

I like this start. I'm hoping we'll see more changes like it as well as more buffs for the mage souls so that they end up with a bunch of viable souls instead of just one which was too good at everything (aoe, mobility, single target etc) to remain un nerfed but instead ended up bleh at all of it.

Rift Disciple

Donīt worry, Iīm pretty sure marksmann and assasins will have the privilage of of having different stats in PVP and PVE next pacth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    But at least a player has a CHANCE to react. Be it LOS, retreat to healer, switch targets, or whatever.
    As opposed to the R6 Warrior with a pocket Healer who has just as much potential to kill you in seconds, but can also keep you from running, reduce incoming heals and fear any attempts at peeling?

Where's a Mage supposed to get their chance to react?

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

Having just subscribed, I find it very encouraging that attempts are being made to make balance changes that have abilities work differently in pvp and pve. Too many MMOs screw up perfectly viable skills by just nerfing the heck out of it, which makes things less fun for all, sez I.

Thumbs up to Trion for thinking outside the box a bit, keep it up, step outta that box and keep the fun in the game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Qixie View Post
    Thumbs up to Trion for thinking outside the box a bit, keep it up, step outta that box and keep the fun in the game.
    Is it still thinking outside the box if it's been done before? Grats on copying a previous game that isn't WoW I guess.

Still a good feature.

Shadowlander

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Is it still thinking outside the box if it's been done before? Grats on copying a previous game that isn't WoW I guess.

Still a good feature.

True enough it's been done elsewhere, but WoW is "the box" right now, I think, alot of games seem to have a hard time stepping out of their formula. They do something different, and then it goes by the wayside as they swerve back into the same old, same old. The fun left that game for me, so I left it, trialed a bunch of games recently and settled into this one.

So it makes me happy to see something different from "the box"(read: WoW) coming out this far from release and makes me think that this game will be fun for me for quite some time into the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3