+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible, unkillable, high damage spec.

Soulwalker

Default Incredible, unkillable, high damage spec.

On Tearfall I witnessed the most imbalanced thing I have ever seen. 2 50 clerics, I'm told they are "Inquisitars" (justicar+inquisitor). They just attacked Kains Embrace, myself on my 50 cleric was there. Well first it started with ONE of them, I fought him and he was unkillable, and was still doing hardcore dps. I called in an epic rogue in my guild. He came, and we both engaged this single guy, and couldn't get him under half, yet his DPS was extreme. (mind you a 50 cleric(full epic) + 50 Rogue (full epic)

So then another one using identical build came. So that's 2 using the cheater build. We retreated to Kains Embrace. The Epic 52 guard, and 10 or so guards/vendors all aggroed. These 2 fought myself, my rogue pal, 52 guard, and 10 30+ guards, and they still wouldn't die. Finally, they aggroed the portal guards, and guess what? They DEFEATED the portal guards. Finally, 6 50's on our side came, and defeated them when they pulled the guards. But it gets better.. Apparently half this guild is using the cheater build. So a full group of them show up. They destroy our 6 epic 50's, portal guards, 52 Skull guard, and all vendors/guards in Kains.

I mentioned this in 50's chat, and was told it's a new 'cheater build' everyone is using called "Injusticar" or something. Apparently Inquisitor+Justicar, and a good healthy PVP rank and they are almost unkillable, and can outheal almost anything while doing astounding damage. Trion, you on crack. Never seen anything so imbalanced ever. These guys could invade sanctum and defeat it, with that many people using this build, it would be quite easy unless there is some magical level 200 "Lord" in sanctum. Portal Guards and 52 skull guards aren't a walk in the park, especially with another 6 50's hitting you. I got some screenshots of this action, of course. Along with names. I LOVE pvp, I really do, but this kind of thing is pretty much cheater-mode, and really soils the experience.
    Last edited by Gill; 06-16-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: edited the title

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Inquisicar isn't cheating. I play one for soloing, and it's fun and all, but it's not necessarily that much better than other builds.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

It's severely imbalanced.

As a cleric, I admit this. But what happens when someone ranks up higher in PVP, it becomes astoundingly imbalanced for PVP. Hitting mage level damage, but warrior like unkillable.

Not fun at all. Good thing my 3 month sub expires in a couple weeks. I assume this spec will be the 'rage' before too long, and before you know it, a bunch of unkillables ruling the server.

Uh.

Maybe you should watch some ordinary mobs, because they can kill an inquisicar (if there's enough of 'em)... It's not as durable, at least PvE, as a justicar-focused build.

Also... Are you seriously quitting over a temporary balance issue? This build has been around since beta, and it's nothing super-special. It'll get nerfed, it'll get buffed, it'll probably be FOTM for a while at some point... who cares? This stuff comes and goes.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I can see it now. These unkillables will rule the world with their brute force. There will be hordes and hordes of them everywhere. You won't be able to move without finding one behind a tree. No tear will be shed for you because the only players will be Inquisicars.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Uh.

Maybe you should watch some ordinary mobs, because they can kill an inquisicar (if there's enough of 'em)... It's not as durable, at least PvE, as a justicar-focused build.

Also... Are you seriously quitting over a temporary balance issue? This build has been around since beta, and it's nothing super-special. It'll get nerfed, it'll get buffed, it'll probably be FOTM for a while at some point... who cares? This stuff comes and goes.
    Talking PVP here bud..

2 of them could own the portal guards, and several 50's hitting em. Insane. First time I have run into them.. I broadcasted asking about it, and someone said "Yeah, new virtually unkillable high dps spec, fun eh?".. Was news to me until tonight..

Yeah, been around since beta. As a friend of mine points out: If a cleric build has warrior levels of unkillability, that spec's survivability is heavily nerfed.

Seriously, it's not unkillable, it's not cheating. We've known about it for months and it has not become the only spec in use because it has some weak points. Ask around.

Soulwalker

I mis-posted the first post, and I cannot edit it.

The name of this spec is "Injusticar".. InJUSTICAR..

It's an amalgam of Justicar and Inquisitor, yielding extreme survivability, and mage-like DPS. As I said, I haven't run into them until tonight, and they are COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK on my server.. Word is getting out.

Rift Master

Please tell me this is the technical term for these new overlords.
    <shock> mage like DPS say it isn't so, we can't have more of them running around - i think the witch trials aren't over yet brother - get me thine mallet we shall test them - OP did you check for the witchs mark, next time you can trip them with a wire and quickly raise their shirt to find out if they are really a mage in disguise - if they are there will be an
    O and a P in bright red on their person
    Last edited by Fernt; 06-15-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    Please tell me this is the technical term for these new overlords.
    InJUSTICAR

You can find the builds on various exploit sites, or some of the hardcore pvp guilds are rolling up these toons like candy, and posting about it.

I find it hard to believe a 50 cleric doesnt know about the >Inquisicar< (get it right or dont say it at all). Makes me thing you were the pve geared rogue and was fighting a cleric by yourself and got yoru *** handed to you.

I also dont take pvp complaints from people in pve/crafted gear seriously.

Huh. Maybe that's different; I thought you were talking about inquisicar, which is pretty different. Typical build would be 14-16 justicar, 30-40 inquisitor, some Sentinel. Maybe someone found a better mix of them. Whatever. If it's a problem it'll get fixed. MMOs are like that.

Soulwalker

Purge their buffs. Once reparation, salvation and cavalier are purged, they are pretty much useless since they can't generate conviction for DoL or DoB and no healing from Salvation and reparation.

Soul Drain > idiots who cluster a cleric.
    Rosette
    Warrior Tank & DPS
    <I III III VII>
    Guardians, Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by Rosette View Post
    Soul Drain > idiots who cluster a cleric.
    Especially if they stand there after the cleric has clicked Fanaticism.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast