+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mage healing: i need help

Default mage healing: i need help

Can anyone plz give me a clue as to what stats I should focus on for healing. I also could use a hand prioritizing rotation of spells even though I've healed know before this is a bit different.

Sez

Intelligence, and Chloromancers are in the middle of a big re-work. So I would wait a couple weeks for proper specs and rotations.

For now, just spam life spells and keep Synthesis on your tank.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Halidranna View Post
    Can anyone plz give me a clue as to what stats I should focus on for healing. I also could use a hand prioritizing rotation of spells even though I've healed know before this is a bit different.
    Dont bother leveling your chloro until the dust settles with this upcoming patch. Because if this patch goes through, I would seriously suggest leveling a Cleric up if u want to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Dont bother leveling your chloro until the dust settles with this upcoming patch. Because if this patch goes through, I would seriously suggest leveling a Cleric up if u want to heal.
    Agreed. Chloro is going to end up being an off heal support spot in raids, one that largley won't be needed.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Don't taint a new player. It doesn't matter what they do 1-50 is still easy.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Don't bother listening to jereome as he thinks you should be able to avoid all fight mechanics while just spamming 2 abilities to keep everyone alive. One wonders why we have so many abilities when only 2 are needed... hrrrrrmmmmmm...... Mind boggling.
    Last edited by Artorous; 06-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question. Just go with your normal dps stats, Int/SP. That's all you need.

Appositely titled.

I haven't managed to take my baby mages into main healing, so will wait and see on the changes. They're only mid 20s but with a main chloro spec I've been sticking to support even when the LFD was been urging me to go heals o.O

I guess it's my inner control freak, not quite coping with trusting that all will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well with just um, splash healing and a 10sec cd direct heal, 20sec cd group heal.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Don't bother listening to jereome as he thinks you should be able to avoid all fight mechanics while just spamming 2 abilities to keep everyone alive. One wonders why we have so many abilities when only 2 are needed... hrrrrrmmmmmm...... Mind boggling.
    Dont bother listening to Artorous because hes a pompous *** that thinks he knows how people play the game, but he has absolutely no clue.

Instead what he does is jump the gun and assume that anyone who has a complaint, clearly needs to L2P. When in reality he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

And yes I know that Chloro's have quite a few tricks up their sleeve and yes I know how to use them, its only your stupidity and pride that assume that your the only one that knows how to play the class... But I got news for you... a Monkey can learn to play the class better than you.
    Last edited by jereome; 06-15-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    Appositely titled.

I haven't managed to take my baby mages into main healing, so will wait and see on the changes. They're only mid 20s but with a main chloro spec I've been sticking to support even when the LFD was been urging me to go heals o.O

I guess it's my inner control freak, not quite coping with trusting that all will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well with just um, splash healing and a 10sec cd direct heal, 20sec cd group heal.
    Thats because you might need to invest in Natures touch and the skills above it that increase the healing that synthesis provides. When you get those you will be a main healer of course thats if this patch doesnt go live.

Rift Chaser

Appositely titled.

I used to queue as support on my chloro, then I realised whenever I did and got a cleric main healing eventually they would start casting nukes to keep themselves busy because I was main healing the whole thing.

Now I feel a bit weird queueing as support so I just click heal most of the time, I feel like I should delete a spec and make a chloro / archon spec and not heal so much, except I've never bothered with archon (and I've had a 50 mage since the end of head start) because it's just never appealed to me in the slightest.. it especially bugged me when I'd hit support and another chloro would hit heal and then I'd feel utterly redundant.. I guess in 1.3 we'd both just be rocking different veils though and it would be fine.

It does kind of feel like they're turning chloro into a support class though. I might be completely wrong, but that's the feeling I get.. I still think they'll be able to main heal, but I think a lot of people might start looking at them differently when the bad ones truly struggle to do it (because lets face it, there are a lot of bad players of all callings that give people a bad impression) and it took quite a while for people to take them seriously as main healers in the first place.. some people still don't look at them like that.

Rift Chaser

Appositely titled.

by the way, nature's touch + the boosted synthesis talents makes it heal for thousands, that single ability should be a root because it's essentially the bottom line in chloro healing.. you spam that the moment it comes off cd every time it comes off cd and just fill in the gaps in between with other stuff even if you have to sit and do nothing for a second now and again because it would make you late casting nature's touch again. (unless your tank isn't taking much damage and then don't worry about it)

also flourish is like setting off a nuclear healing bomb on your group, especially if you take the crit chance ability for it, I've seen my entire group be at 50% or worse health and then nature's touch and flourish hit back to back and everyones back to full.

bloom I just use if the tank got spiked and nature's touch is on cd or if a random other group member took a bunch of damage on his own and I get the feeling I shouldn't just let the splash healing fix him up.
    Last edited by Anchor; 06-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread