+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Why am I the only Warrior In Wf's?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default Why am I the only Warrior In Wf's?

    It's been getting kind of lonely on the warrior front. I have been seeing less and less warriors in them over the past weeks.

    Today though... I have been the only warrior more then once. I wonder if there is a hidden meaning in here?

    One wf was me, a couple rogues, then a near equal divide of clerics and mages and only 2 played healers (this was guardian side. Defiants had 2 warriors. Same rogues, and rest casters).
    Last edited by Veronne; 06-14-2011 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Well... You've played a warrior in WFs, you should know how frustrating it can be to play (If you're not higher rank or wearing good PvE gear)

    That combined with how much less frustrating it is to play other (Ranged) callings means that very few warriors will be in WFs.

    Though I do occasionally see my team with 6-7 warriors in it (None in the rest of my matches though) which ends up either doing really well bursting down anyone and everyone or everyone gets murderized before they get into range.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    My guess would be the same reasons I see WFs with more Warriors than any other class.
    Because it's all random.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara baph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Are you 50? There's a ridiculous ***-ton of them there.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Are you 50? There's a ridiculous ***-ton of them there.
    depends where you're playing.

    It's not rare that I'm the only, or 1/2 warriors in a WF.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Warriors are balls at pvp, especially in wfs, in Rift. The fight is between the ranged. Dps warriors are only slightly better than pets and an equal nuisance.

    From what I can see, it's like this.

    The 2 sides meet at midfield. Warriors goes CHAAAARGE! and dies, then the real battle starts.

  7. #7
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Rank 6 raid weapon warrior dominates everything.
    Warriors have the best ability in PvP. Uncleansable heal debuff that can be made AOE which is sick.
    Warrior is the brick of every premade. It brings what no rogue/mage can bring.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Rank 6 raid weapon warrior dominates everything.
    Warriors have the best ability in PvP. Uncleansable heal debuff that can be made AOE which is sick.
    Warrior is the brick of every premade. It brings what no rogue/mage can bring.
    1. Translation: warrior who overgears the opposition by miles (preferably parsecs) is unstoppable.

    2. Can't do that while dead

    3. Distraction ? Diversion for a short while ? You can do a better job at that by speccing tank and using a 2hander to fool the opposition into thinking you're dps. You're likely to be the punching bag for some idiots while your team mowes them down, just as well.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Yes i do agree.
    Majority of the time there is only like 1-2 warrior in WF.
    I'm one of the warrior who gave up playing.
    WF is basically full of mage, cos they are simply OP.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser inaliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    346

    Default

    From my experiences as a warrior in rift and other previous titles you will never see an abundance of warriors in pvp. It's not the easiest job to take on but someone has to do it. I have seen a few good warriors and they have no problem completely dismantling the other team. But ou need a healer, the same thing will happen to a rogue specced as a melee fighter. Difference is rogues have the abilty to switch to different types of roles.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    1. Translation: warrior who overgears the opposition by miles (preferably parsecs) is unstoppable.

    2. Can't do that while dead

    3. Distraction ? Diversion for a short while ? You can do a better job at that by speccing tank and using a 2hander to fool the opposition into thinking you're dps. You're likely to be the punching bag for some idiots while your team mowes them down, just as well.
    Any1 war build which can proc aoe healing debuff on demand (with its due cd of course) and aoe fear is good enough imo.
    Last edited by noche; 06-15-2011 at 01:07 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MythMyth View Post
    Yes i do agree.
    Majority of the time there is only like 1-2 warrior in WF.
    I'm one of the warrior who gave up playing.
    WF is basically full of mage, cos they are simply OP.
    The pvp balance:

    Cleric tanks
    Mage shoots at the cleric tank
    Rogue shoots at the mage
    Warrior dies

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Most warriors I see are in premades with a side of pocket healer.

    I don't see much solo plate.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Most warriors I see are in premades with a side of pocket healer.

    I don't see much solo plate.
    Problem, Gersh ?

  15. #15
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Check the OP's post history before you take anything he says seriously or try to offer a non-troll response.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts